Pet Peeves

Pags

Ok let's list them. Everyone has them. I feel inclined to write one of mine because it happened tonight, as it often does.

For the life of me I can't figure out why this is, but for whatever reason I cannot stand to be touched by someone who is eating, or be touched by anybody when I'm eating. Keep you greasing food filled hands to your damned self and don't f***ing touch me. I feel like I'm going to be covered in a filmy food type substance that shouldn't be on me AT ALL. Keep the f**k back.

My kids want to do it all the time. They go to hug me, or want to touch my arm right after they've eaten something and I go nuts. laugh.gif

That's my submission of insanity for today.

Faithfully submitted,

The nutcase

Oh I'm sure in the time TRF has been around there's been a thread or two about pet peeves. But I'm not going to search for one, sorry. I hope that's not a pet peeve of yours. laugh.gif

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

drivers insisting on talking on their cell phones causing them to drive slower and often crossing the yellow line - like a drunk driver.

Slow drivers who feel the need to stay in the left lane without moving over when a faster car is riding directly behind them.

when people don't communicate an answer to me and I'm forced to guess. My life didn't come with a crystal ball for interpretation.

My upstairs neighbor (a dingbat) who likes to toss his cigarette butts onto the back "yard" outside our apartment. I should wrap a present for him in the form of an ash tray. He and his girlfriend's kid like to drop things and don't bother to pick them up.

I don't like spending "much" time around someone who is drunk or stoned. After living with an alcoholic, I am entitled to not be in the presence of such behavior.

I don't like any kind of noise when I'm trying to sleep. A TV in the next room, even if it's low and I can still hear it, bothers me and I can't fall asleep.

I also like it to be completely dark when I'm trying to sleep.

-I don't like people who always say, "like".

-I don't like it when people don't finish their sentences.

-I don't like it when somebody uses the article "an" before a word starting with "h". For example, "An historic". It drives me nuts.

-I don't like to be touched.

-Pull up your damn pants.

These are only a few. laugh.gif

I don't like anyone to be in the bathroom while I am brushing my teeth. I don't like to be in the bathroom when anyone else is brushing. I don't like to see anyone brushing, even if it is in a movie or on tv. It really grosses me out. wink.gif If anyone saw Stranger Than Fiction with Will Ferrell at the beginning there is a closeup scene of him brushing & I actually shuddered.

People who attempt to speak to you whilst eating, resulting in being pebble-dashed with cheese and tomato sandwich 062802puke_prv.gif

People who can't spell. I have a thing about being able to spell properly.

QUOTE (priest_of_syrinx @ Jul 27 2007, 02:45 AM)
-I don't like it when somebody uses the article "an" before a word starting with "h". For example, "An historic". It drives me nuts.

this is actually correct English yes.gif

as an 'h' at the beginning of some words is silent.

1. People who can't use where / were & there / their properly angry.gif

2. People using mobile phones whilst driving waffen093.gif

3. Spelling mistakes when word etc is used...HELLO spell checker!

Waiting - even though I have the patience of Job.

Moving - I've moved around alot and have accumulated so much shit over the years it's ridiculous.

Stupid drivers - Speaks for itself.

Aside from these, I'm pretty easy going.

- People who throw their cigarette butts on the ground or in the grass when there are 5-6 available ashtrays around them. I'm a smoker and I don't even do that.

- People who drive Hummers.

- People who leave their engine running even if they're not going anywhere.

- People who stand in the doors of the subway but won't get out.

- Again in the subway, people who hug or lean on the freaking post as if they owned it.

- People who stand in the middle of the sidewalk and talk to each other while you have to go around them and fight the crowd at the same time. Please move to the side, people! angry.gif

- People who think that you're a convenience store and have free cigarettes to spare. Get your own damn cigs, that's what I do! If you don't have money for cigs, don't smoke!

____

Man, I'm getting pissed just writing those down. wacko.gif Calm down! Where's the zen icon? biggrin.gif Ok, I'll use this instead! cool10.gif laugh.gif

QUOTE (Digital Man @ Jul 27 2007, 05:01 AM)
I don't like anyone to be in the bathroom while I am brushing my teeth. I don't like to be in the bathroom when anyone else is brushing. I don't like to see anyone brushing, even if it is in a movie or on tv. It really grosses me out. wink.gif If anyone saw Stranger Than Fiction with Will Ferrell at the beginning there is a closeup scene of him brushing & I actually shuddered.

That's not a pet peeve; that's a disorder! laugh.gif

QUOTE (priest_of_syrinx @ Jul 26 2007, 08:45 PM)
-I don't like people who always say, "like".
-I don't like it when people don't finish their sentences.
-I don't like to be touched.
-Pull up your damn pants.

These are only a few. laugh.gif

like come here priest (messes his (an) hair and tweaks (an) his nose) like this is an historic moment (n is in there for English language purposes). Now errrr like listen to this, like I'm going to tell you something really important about Rush, you ready? Like Geddy and Neil are going to

laugh.gif

Stupid m+therf+ckers who smoke at gas stations

Dumb b+tches who apply their makeup while driving

Chicaaaago (Wisconsin) accents on chicks

Inconsiderate neighbors who slam apartment doors at all hours

People who leave their business in public bathrooms. Courtesy flush, please.

Oh yeah, and f+cking terrorists who ruin my f+cking day/week/year/years and kill my friends.

That should do it.

Wow, I'm really angry today.

I'll steal one of Neil's pet peeves he described in Roadshow:

Drivers in Florida who think the left lane is their own personal cruising lane new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif It really is true that this situation is an epidemic here in Florida, but seems not to be an issue when I travel elsewhere.

QUOTE (Snowdog @ Jul 28 2007, 06:38 AM)
I'll steal one of Neil's pet peeves he described in Roadshow:

Drivers in Florida who think the left lane is their own personal cruising lane new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif It really is true that this situation is an epidemic here in Florida, but seems not to be an issue when I travel elsewhere.

This is actually one of my pet peeves too but it's done in the right hand lane here in Australia. Another is the god damned supermarket trolley that NEVER goes the way that you want it to go and you end up with a sore back and elbow trying to fight against the thing. angry.gif

QUOTE (nebbish @ Jul 27 2007, 01:26 PM)
1. People who can't use where / were & there / their properly angry.gif

So I'm not the only one laugh.gif

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Jul 26 2007, 09:38 PM)
Slow drivers who feel the need to stay in the left lane without moving over when a faster car is riding directly behind them.

That is exactly what I was going to post.

One of the main roads near my house I use all the time is two lanes each direction 80 kpr speed zone. Almost every day I run into a couple retards doing 65 right beside each other blocking both the lanes and the person in the left lane is too stupid to move over - and often on their cell phone too!

Grrrrr.

1. Left lane drivers

2. People who use the word mute instead of moot

3. People who say 'could care less' when what they mean is 'could not care less'

4. People who take forever to order at McDonalds

5. People who are mean or cheap

Edited by lerxt1990

QUOTE (Snowdog @ Jul 27 2007, 12:49 PM)
People in restaurants who blow their noses while sitting at their table so I can hear every disgusting sound. new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif

This has ALWAYS infuriated me too. yes.gif That is such a scummy thing to do. How about the people that hork a lugie and then SWALLOW it??? ohmy.gif

062802puke_prv.gif

That is just the most disgusting thing I find people doing in public. I would rather see them spit it out than to know they swallowed it. UGGGH!!!

I have more, but I need to think about them.

laugh.gif I have a few and some change day to day. Guess it depends how long I've been in the car. laugh.gif

My biggest is tags...I hate to see a persons tag sticking out...don't you feel it itching your neck...I get a creepy crawly feeling on my neck just thinking about it. :shudder:

QUOTE (rickyrob @ Jul 27 2007, 07:08 AM)
QUOTE (priest_of_syrinx @ Jul 27 2007, 02:45 AM)

this is actually correct English yes.gif

as an 'h' at the beginning of some words is silent.

This is true in the word "honor" and possibly some others I won't bother thinking of, but with the word "historic" or "heroic" (as in Bravest face wink.gif) it's definitely NOT silent.

Edited by priest_of_syrinx

Another pet peeve: really bad commercials on TV.

Embarq's commercials with the three "musicians" who are present in particular situations featured in the commercial. The most recent one shows a "Jack Black" type of guy who's been sitting on the couch all day and his wife arriving home from work asks if he did anything at all.

Somebody PLEASE pulvarize those men! beathorse.gif