Neil Peart sprints out of show

Cavorticus

QUOTE (spirit of radio @ Jul 24 2007, 01:22 PM)
QUOTE (Cavorticus @ Jul 23 2007, 05:34 PM)
I won't be back.

You'll be sorely missed applaudit.gif

Yes, like a raging hemerroid.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (pedro2112 @ Jul 24 2007, 04:25 PM)
I won't be back.

Hemorrhoid

your welcome Pedro biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Snowdog @ Jul 24 2007, 02:32 PM)
I won't be back.

Hemorrhoid

Why did I predict that you would be intimately familiar with that word?

QUOTE (pedro2112 @ Jul 24 2007, 04:35 PM)
I won't be back.

Hemorrhoid

laugh.gif Unfortunately for me, I am. scared.gif

QUOTE (Snowdog @ Jul 24 2007, 02:37 PM)
I won't be back.

Hemorrhoid

Yes, I know. That's why I said that.

QUOTE (Snowdog @ Jul 24 2007, 03:37 PM)
I won't be back.

Hemorrhoid

Ugh.

I had one baby that weighed 9 lb., 4 oz.

His little brother weighed 9 lb., 14 oz.

I sympathize.

z7shysterical.gif

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Jul 24 2007, 04:40 PM)
QUOTE (Snowdog @ Jul 24 2007, 03:37 PM)
I won't be back.

Hemorrhoid

Ugh.

I had one baby that weighed 9 lb., 4 oz.

His little brother weighed 9 lb., 14 oz.

I sympathize.

z7shysterical.gif

I am glad I can only sympathize with your pain and don't have to experience it wink.gif

And the last few posts, dear readers, have NOTHING to do with why Neil runs off stage after each show.

Have a pleasant afternoon. bekloppt.gif

z7shysterical.gif

I'm not sure I care that he ran out of the show...In about 35 minutes I'm going to be off work and it will be the fastest I have moved all day heading toward the door...He's no different... biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Spike @ Jul 23 2007, 02:07 PM)
Neil actually explains why he does this in his book "Roadshow".

He gets onto the tour bus and out of the venue as quickly as possible to avoid traffic, and get to his cycling destination for the next day.

After the show he showers on the bus, eats (and drinks The Macallan!!), and he and Michael finish planning out the next day's ride. Their bus driver drives through part of the night while Neil and Michael sleep - so they can get up and ride their motorcycles to the next venue.

goodpost.gif Exactly Spike!!!

I wish more people would read Peart's books so they can get the answers straight from him. This ignorant bashing is exactly why he stopped talking to fans on the internet, which he did before his personal problems. He honestly reached out because he wanted opinions and ideas on a productive level and he got crap from losers who wanted to mess with the "big guy". (Napoleonic complex, perhaps??!?)

After a long, arduous day at work, doesn't everyone just want to quiet down, have a drink and relax?

People need to remember, it's about the MUSIC! . . . not a picture, an autograph, a wave to your momma . . . confused13.gif

People need to remember, it's about the MUSIC! . . . not a picture, an autograph, a wave to your momma . . .

I really don't care about pictures... unless they are shots of the band on stage, those are fun... I don't care about autographs... and sadly I don't think my momma would get the significance if Neil came up and waved hello.

hehe

biggrin.gif

NeilFinal.gif

QUOTE (robertjames1971 @ Jul 26 2007, 11:58 AM)
People need to remember, it's about the MUSIC! . . . not a picture, an autograph, a wave to your momma . . .

I really don't care about pictures... unless they are shots of the band on stage, those are fun... I don't care about autographs... and sadly I don't think my momma would get the significance if Neil came up and waved hello.

hehe

biggrin.gif

NeilFinal.gif

bekloppt.gif Hi Rob!

We also love stage pics - - I enlarge them for my classroom! But the guys expect that. I just agree with Peart that some people get ridiculous taking pics of personal moments that have nothing to do with the MUSIC!!!

I'm in no way, shape, or form, a famous person, but I work in a very public arena with teenagers. They are EVERYWHERE. Locally, I can't eat lunch at a restaurant, buy underwear at Victoria's Secret, or lounge in my suit at the beach without running into students. Now, I love my students, and I love to say hello, but after I say "Hi", there's kind of this awkward moment . . . just kinda weird!!! . . . try doing a parental conference in a bikini!!!

I was in the ER in a Johnny once last year trying to cover my brighter side when I ran into a student who was also a patient in the hall. So I got to meet his Mom, etc. Two of the nurses were also former students! Like I said, they're everywhere!!! This probably sounds like I'm complaining but I'm really not. In fact most of the time I have great fun with the kids. It's just that there's no such thing as a quick trip to the grocer or mall for me in my job. Sometimes, especially after a long day at work, I have no energy for a long conversation over a grocery cart full of personal products!. It gets interesting!!!

Hey, have you figured out how to ditch your job and meet us in New York? It would be soooooo cool!

Hare

QUOTE (Tortoise and Hare @ Jul 26 2007, 01:19 PM)
QUOTE (robertjames1971 @ Jul 26 2007, 11:58 AM)

hehe

biggrin.gif

NeilFinal.gif

bekloppt.gif Hi Rob!

We also love stage pics - - I enlarge them for my classroom! But the guys expect that. I just agree with Peart that some people get ridiculous taking pics of personal moments that have nothing to do with the MUSIC!!!

I'm in no way, shape, or form, a famous person, but I work in a very public arena with teenagers. They are EVERYWHERE. Locally, I can't eat lunch at a restaurant, buy underwear at Victoria's Secret, or lounge in my suit at the beach without running into students. Now, I love my students, and I love to say hello, but after I say "Hi", there's kind of this awkward moment . . . just kinda weird!!! . . . try doing a parental conference in a bikini!!!

I was in the ER in a Johnny once last year trying to cover my brighter side when I ran into a student who was also a patient in the hall. So I got to meet his Mom, etc. Two of the nurses were also former students! Like I said, they're everywhere!!! This probably sounds like I'm complaining but I'm really not. In fact most of the time I have great fun with the kids. It's just that there's no such thing as a quick trip to the grocer or mall for me in my job. Sometimes, especially after a long day at work, I have no energy for a long conversation over a grocery cart full of personal products!. It gets interesting!!!

Hey, have you figured out how to ditch your job and meet us in New York? It would be soooooo cool!

Hare

Still working on New York... we're a little closer to going (the girlfriend's ex will take her kids and she will get the time off if she requests it. now it's up to me. D'OH!)

I just wanted to comment on your teacher post. My sister is an elementary school teacher. She and I have season tickets to a minor league hockey team based in Lowell. At some point in just about every game we go to, some kid will come over and stare at her. It's the whole see-the-teacher-outside-the-class-room issue. Most will say hello and then walk away. Others will run over to mom or dad and then look back at her and point at her.

She's been teaching at the same school for about 10 years... figure an average class size is in the low 20s... That's over 200 people who will feel the need to make themselves known to her. Also that doesn't count all the other kids who were terrified of her when she was on lunch/recess duty or whatever. (she's the mean 4th grade teacher)

Now let's blow that up to Neil's perspective. How many people have bought a Rush record over the last 32 years? How many have been to a Rush concert? How many bikers (motorized or otherwise) have read his books?

That's a lot of people pointing and staring. I'd be more concerned about the guy if it DIDN'T freak him out.

Now for those of you who can't sympathize with that, or who were bored to tears by my poor writing skills... here's some dancing bananas!

common001.gif common001.gif common001.gif common001.gif common001.gif common001.gif

QUOTE (Spike @ Jul 23 2007, 01:07 PM)

He gets onto the tour bus and out of the venue as quickly as possible to avoid traffic, and get to his cycling destination for the next day.

After the show he showers on the bus, eats (and drinks The Macallan!!), and he and Michael finish planning out the next day's ride. Their bus driver drives through part of the night while Neil and Michael sleep - so they can get up and ride their motorcycles to the next venue.

Exactly! Thanks for posting. Nice icon by the way! smile.gif

QUOTE (robertjames1971 @ Jul 26 2007, 02:35 PM)
Now for those of you who can't sympathize with that, or who were bored to tears by my poor writing skills... here's some dancing bananas!
common001.gif common001.gif common001.gif common001.gif common001.gif common001.gif

rofl3.gif Gotta love the dancing bananas!!! You're toooooo much!!! rofl3.gif

I'll tell LSM that your plans are almost workable! Keep in touch . . . we'll fill you in on travel and meeting plans! This is going to be a blast!

Hare biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Tortoise and Hare @ Jul 24 2007, 06:59 PM)
QUOTE (Spike @ Jul 23 2007, 02:07 PM)

After the show he showers on the bus, eats (and drinks The Macallan!!), and he and Michael finish planning out the next day's ride.  Their bus driver drives through part of the night while Neil and Michael sleep - so they can get up and ride their motorcycles to the next venue.

goodpost.gif Exactly Spike!!!

I wish more people would read Peart's books so they can get the answers straight from him. This ignorant bashing is exactly why he stopped talking to fans on the internet, which he did before his personal problems. He honestly reached out because he wanted opinions and ideas on a productive level and he got crap from losers who wanted to mess with the "big guy". (Napoleonic complex, perhaps??!?)

After a long, arduous day at work, doesn't everyone just want to quiet down, have a drink and relax?

People need to remember, it's about the MUSIC! . . . not a picture, an autograph, a wave to your momma . . . confused13.gif

Very well said .....he does answer all this stuff in his books.

Even though my band is "small time" If I didn't have to break down my own gear I would do the same thing. The entire time I'm trying to pack up my stuff people are wanting to talk shop or invite you over for a party or whatever. Which seems nice but most of the time these guys are drunk. So it gets annoying. I am polite because they just paid to see us but I try to avoid small talk or any talk at all.

I do my job and want to leave.. so, on a MUCH smaller scale.. I understand Neil's actions.

QUOTE (Cavorticus @ Jul 23 2007, 11:26 AM)
I was working backstage on Saturday (7/21/07) and after the show ended, Neil Peart actually sprinted from the stadium. Not ran; sprinted.
What the heck is up with that?

A. Diarrhea
B. Had to pee
C. Family emergency
D. Total dick

wtf.gif

I watched Neil Sprint to the bus in 1984 in Pittsburgh after the GuP show...I also saw at different times Alex and Geddy walk to the bus...Neil sprinted...as soon as someone recognised him ( and Yelled "hey it's NEEEEEEELLL) from afar ( coming ou of the Civic Arena) he took off for the bus...

I think he dislikes the attention

QUOTE (friendlyvoice @ Jul 23 2007, 12:16 PM)
Again with this crap??

What do you want...the three of them to come out to the parking lot after the show to sign autographs, have a beer with you, maybe take a hit off your bong? They could check your tire pressure while they're out there...with 3 of 'em, it shouldn't take too long.

Hell, I'll bet if you asked nice enough (especially that mean ol' Neil, since he's such a dick, right?), they might even go ride around town with you...you and your buds and Rush could pick up some burgers and just chill together like old pals. (better let Neil snag some fries off of you...y'know, just to keep him happy, since he's such a dick) Maybe all of you could head back to your mom & dad's house and play video games. (but you better let Neil win, since he's such a dick)

I think I know who the dick is, and it's not Neil.

laugh.gif This is the funniest shit I've read in a long time! This just made my day laugh.gif trink39.gif

On the Rush R30 DVD there is a shot of the guys running and walking to the van in Brazil. Neil was running and so was Alex. Geddy took his time and walked fast to the van and received a hat from one of the security guards.