Neil Peart sprints out of show

Cavorticus

QUOTE (treeduck @ Jul 23 2007, 03:22 PM)
QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Jul 23 2007, 03:20 PM)
Okay...you guys are forcing my hand on this one.

The REAL reason he ran like hell to the bus was because *I* was in it, waiting for him.

drool1.gif

rofl3.gif

You mean he saw you coming...

laugh.gif

No, that is NOT what I mean.

new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif

rage.gif

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

he has done this for YEARS........................... 1022.gif

Oooh boy, low blow... eyesre4.gif

Leave Neil alone, people. I know for sure that when my workday is done, I don't hang out at the office, I get the heck out of there as soon as is humanly possible! I have a life and Neil has one too (although I'm sure his is better than mine, but that's different story...) sarcasm.gif

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Jul 23 2007, 03:23 PM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Jul 23 2007, 03:22 PM)
QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Jul 23 2007, 03:20 PM)
Okay...you guys are forcing my hand on this one.

The REAL reason he ran like hell to the bus was because *I* was in it, waiting for him.

drool1.gif

rofl3.gif

You mean he saw you coming...

laugh.gif

No, that is NOT what I mean.

new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif

rage.gif

Course you didn't lass...

wink.gif laugh.gif

angel.gif joker.gif

QUOTE (Cavorticus @ Jul 23 2007, 11:26 AM)
I was working backstage on Saturday (7/21/07) and after the show ended, Neil Peart actually sprinted from the stadium. Not ran; sprinted.
What the heck is up with that?

A. Diarrhea
B. Had to pee
C. Family emergency
D. Total dick

wtf.gif

E. Sprinting to your Mom's.

fing.gif sorry couldnt resist

QUOTE (friendlyvoice @ Jul 23 2007, 01:16 PM)
Again with this crap??

What do you want...the three of them to come out to the parking lot after the show to sign autographs, have a beer with you, maybe take a hit off your bong? They could check your tire pressure while they're out there...with 3 of 'em, it shouldn't take too long.

Hell, I'll bet if you asked nice enough (especially that mean ol' Neil, since he's such a dick, right?), they might even go ride around town with you...you and your buds and Rush could pick up some burgers and just chill together like old pals. (better let Neil snag some fries off of you...y'know, just to keep him happy, since he's such a dick) Maybe all of you could head back to your mom & dad's house and play video games. (but you better let Neil win, since he's such a dick)

I think I know who the dick is, and it's not Neil.

YEAH!! angry.gif What he said!! goodpost.gif

QUOTE (Spike @ Jul 23 2007, 01:07 PM)
Neil actually explains why he does this in his book "Roadshow".

He gets onto the tour bus and out of the venue as quickly as possible to avoid traffic, and get to his cycling destination for the next day.

After the show he showers on the bus, eats (and drinks The Macallan!!), and he and Michael finish planning out the next day's ride. Their bus driver drives through part of the night while Neil and Michael sleep - so they can get up and ride their motorcycles to the next venue.

AGREED..he always does this.....watch the vids..... 1022.gif 1022.gif

QUOTE (friendlyvoice @ Jul 23 2007, 11:16 AM)
Again with this crap??

What do you want...the three of them to come out to the parking lot after the show to sign autographs, have a beer with you, maybe take a hit off your bong? They could check your tire pressure while they're out there...with 3 of 'em, it shouldn't take too long.

Hell, I'll bet if you asked nice enough (especially that mean ol' Neil, since he's such a dick, right?), they might even go ride around town with you...you and your buds and Rush could pick up some burgers and just chill together like old pals. (better let Neil snag some fries off of you...y'know, just to keep him happy, since he's such a dick) Maybe all of you could head back to your mom & dad's house and play video games. (but you better let Neil win, since he's such a dick)

I am detecting a hint of sarcasm in your post.

Are saying that those things won't happen??? That's sucks. I had plans to take them to Tommy's after the show tonight for a chiliburger and fries...

rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

QUOTE (Spike @ Jul 23 2007, 02:07 PM)

He gets onto the tour bus and out of the venue as quickly as possible to avoid traffic, and get to his cycling destination for the next day.

After the show he showers on the bus, eats (and drinks The Macallan!!), and he and Michael finish planning out the next day's ride. Their bus driver drives through part of the night while Neil and Michael sleep - so they can get up and ride their motorcycles to the next venue.

He did say that in his book, but that is bullshit. He is a misanthrope.

QUOTE (mazyyz @ Jul 23 2007, 05:09 PM)

After the show he showers on the bus, eats (and drinks The Macallan!!), and he and Michael finish planning out the next day's ride.  Their bus driver drives through part of the night while Neil and Michael sleep - so they can get up and ride their motorcycles to the next venue.

He doesn't hate or distrust HUMANKIND...that's a pretty broad statement to make.

I get tired of saying this stuff over and over. I suppose some people are going to think that about Neil, and some aren't.

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Jul 23 2007, 04:23 PM)

After the show he showers on the bus, eats (and drinks The Macallan!!), and he and Michael finish planning out the next day's ride.  Their bus driver drives through part of the night while Neil and Michael sleep - so they can get up and ride their motorcycles to the next venue.

He doesn't hate or distrust HUMANKIND...that's a pretty broad statement to make.

I get tired of saying this stuff over and over. I suppose some people are going to think that about Neil, and some aren't.

You are pissing into fans again, GG.

wink.gif

QUOTE (pedro2112 @ Jul 23 2007, 05:25 PM)

wink.gif

Didn't you see my last sentence? I am resigned to the fact that people disagree.

wtf.gif

Again I say, "What the f**k!" because this was my first Rush show ever and I was amazed to see this. It was a simple question. So I registered on therushforum to get some insight and all I got was (mostly) bullshit "why bash Neil?" whiney bitches.

So it seems to be normal. OK. But it is still bizarre behaviour. I worked on Crosby, Stills, and Nash, Steely Dan, Def Leppard, and Tom Petty last year and never saw this sort of odd-ball sprinting out the back like a friggin' maniac before.

You all can suck it. Knee-jerk defending of a band based on a simple question just shows your jerkiness.

Since it will be my last Rush show ever, you don't need to bother to reply. I won't be back.

Thank you to those peeps that offered some insight and a real answer.

QUOTE (Cavorticus @ Jul 23 2007, 05:34 PM)
You all can suck it. Knee-jerk defending of a band based on a simple question just shows your jerkiness.
Since it will be my last Rush show ever, you don't need to bother to reply. I won't be back.

Good riddance. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v337/makalu/toss-off_smiley.gif

wtf.gif
Again I say, "What the f**k!" because this was my first Rush show ever and I was amazed to see this. It was a simple question. So I registered on therushforum to get some insight and all I got was (mostly) bullshit "why bash Neil?" whiney bitches.
So it seems to be normal. OK. But it is still bizarre behaviour. I worked on Crosby, Stills, and Nash, Steely Dan, Def Leppard, and Tom Petty last year and never saw this sort of odd-ball sprinting out the back like a friggin' maniac before.
Thank you to those peeps that offered some insight and a real answer.

See, here's the problem...you could've asked a legit question and received a legit answer, but you had to include the "he's a dick" choice. That's the unnecessary part of your "question"...the part that's going to piss some "peeps" off. The part that's going to guarantee that you receive some unfriendly responses from some of the "peeps". eyesre4.gif

Oh, wait a minute, I forgot...you took your ball and went home. Guess you won't be reading this. Never mind.

Edited by friendlyvoice

QUOTE (friendlyvoice @ Jul 24 2007, 03:16 AM)
Again with this crap??

I f**king love this post smile.gif

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Jul 23 2007, 04:26 PM)
QUOTE (pedro2112 @ Jul 23 2007, 05:25 PM)

wink.gif

Didn't you see my last sentence? I am resigned to the fact that people disagree.

I know. I was just referring to your ongoing posts with that jerk. You sometimes feed the trolls too much!

tongue.gif

rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

QUOTE (Spike @ Jul 23 2007, 01:07 PM)

Right. He actually explained it quite clearly. Whats funny though, if that if Neil is really in a hurry to leave, hell sprint off the stage without hardly waving. Ive related this funny story before, so skip if you remember.

Camden NJ for R30 show, the end of the show came, and Neil ran off the stage so fast that he actually was waving to the back of the stage. He was running so fast that his brain hadnt registered "youre not facing them anymore, you can stop waving" and for a couple of strides was waving to the empty back of the stage. I wasnt insulted, I was amused, and laughed like hell. But to the quote here: thats his bag; he sprints off and is stripping down to shower while theyr epulling away in the buss to beat traffic, and drive away for a period of time, then stop somewhere where he can sleep and then takoff on his bike. Sometimes, as mentioned in Roadshow, some idiots try to follow the bus (its not exactly stealthy) and measures have to be taken. Oh, and the bus he had for R30 had bedbugs courtesy of Cher. smile.gif

Geez-

I hope I am not bashed for sprinting to my car after a few hours of fitting eyeglasses/contacts

Damn it guys!! i know I am sorry, sorry sorry-

I am dick I know it, I just can't live with myself

I apologize for wanting to leave work as fast as possible-that's right-it's work for him too!!

It was a simple question.

This part...

"What the heck is up with that?"

A. Diarrhea

B. Had to pee

C. Family emergency

D. Total dick

wtf.gif

...was not a "simple question," so don't be so shocked when people call you out for being presumptuous. And if you don't know presumptuous means, mazyyz will look it up for you in the same dictionary he used to learn the meaning of misanthrope.

Neil is not at the concert venue to "chill" backstage or to be anyone's buddy. He's there to do his job, which is play a kick-ass show. When he's done, he gets out, because he's back on his own time, and he'll do what he needs to do to make sure that time isn't compromised.

More power to him. It's a shame things are such that he needs to do that, though.

I used to think it would be cool to meet one of my rock heroes, but I read some stuff Robert Fripp wrote, and I realized, it really wouldn't. I have nothing useful to say to them, and they have no godlike wisdom to bestow upon me, either. Our relationship begins and ends at the music. So I leave it at that.