I really like Tequila

Ya_Big_Tree

My fave way to drink Tequila is body shots! wink.gif

I love licking a hot guys neck, pouring a speckle of salt on the nape and then licking, shooting, and finally come in for a landing with a lemony kiss.

Few things in life are so sweet! laugh.gif

I'll drink gold or silver, and no worm for me.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gigantic Tequila fan, but I have some issues with the entire tequila market, namely the outrageous prices a certain company gets (um...Patron).

Without going into a 3 page article about why I have an issue with Patron, I will just say this.

I like Patron but........

About 6 years ago there was a so called "agave shortage" and liquor distributors were having a hard time filling orders because product wasn't being made quick enough due to the so called agave shortage. Well this was simply not true. There was plenty of agave but a recent purchase of a certain company who held rights to major fields of agave had just taken place. This company owned a large percentage of the fields of agave in Mexico.

This company was Patron, and it's new owner was Paul Mitchell (hair product guy). He proceeded to pull the entire line of Patron off the market for 8 months. Jacked up the price of his agave which he sells to other tequila makers and jacked up the price of his own product (Patron) to over $45 a bottle (from $22 eight months ago).

Soon other tequila makers followed in making "super premium" tequilas, but none of them are charging $45 btl, and most are better quality.

Patron might have been worth $22 btl before being pulled from the shelves, but it is Not worth $45 a bottle, where it still is today. Also, it is on average $9-$11 a shot in most bars. What?! That's just crazy but people still buy it because they think it's special.

A perfect example of corporate america sticking it to the consumer.

I'll drink it but I will Not buy it.

QUOTE (launchpad67a @ Aug 15 2007, 03:39 PM)
Gigantic Tequila fan, but I have some issues with the entire tequila market, namely the outrageous prices a certain company gets (um...Patron).
Without going into a 3 page article about why I have an issue with Patron, I will just say this.

I like Patron but........
About 6 years ago there was a so called "agave shortage" and liquor distributors were having a hard time filling orders because product wasn't being made quick enough due to the so called agave shortage. Well this was simply not true. There was plenty of agave but a recent purchase of a certain company who held rights to major fields of agave had just taken place. This company owned a large percentage of the fields of agave in Mexico.

This company was Patron, and it's new owner was Paul Mitchell (hair product guy). He proceeded to pull the entire line of Patron off the market for 8 months. Jacked up the price of his agave which he sells to other tequila makers and jacked up the price of his own product (Patron) to over $45 a bottle (from $22 eight months ago).
Soon other tequila makers followed in making "super premium" tequilas, but none of them are charging $45 btl, and most are better quality.
Patron might have been worth $22 btl before being pulled from the shelves, but it is Not worth $45 a bottle, where it still is today. Also, it is on average $9-$11 a shot in most bars. What?! That's just crazy but people still buy it because they think it's special.

A perfect example of corporate america sticking it to the consumer.
I'll drink it but I will Not buy it.

Give us a few examples of tequilas that you like better than Patron which cost under $30 a bottle. wink.gif

i had a hell of a time once with jose. It definatley makes your clothes dissapear. I couldnt even smell the stuff for a few years, but I have tried it once in a while in the past few months. The silver patron was really good. I could probably drink that.

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Apr 3 2008, 03:03 AM)
Not  a huge tequilla fan (straight), but I enjoy drinks with tequilla *in* it...  weird.

Not that weird...I enjoy a vodka and cranberry (or other vodka-based drinks) on occasion, but to me, drinking vodka straight is like drinking rubbing alcohol.

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Apr 3 2008, 03:27 AM)
Not  a huge tequilla fan (straight), but I enjoy drinks with tequilla *in* it...  weird.

Not that weird...I enjoy a vodka and cranberry (or other vodka-based drinks) on occasion, but to me, drinking vodka straight is like drinking rubbing alcohol.

Same here. I got VIOLENTLY ill on Vodka as a ... cough... teen, and I cant stand it straight, but with tonic or in a drink its OK.

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Apr 3 2008, 03:49 AM)

Same here. I got VIOLENTLY ill on Vodka as a ... cough... teen, and I cant stand it straight, but with tonic or in a drink its OK.

Why do teens always choose vodka or schnopps (or both!) as the drink of choice when making their first dives into alcohol experimentation? laugh.gif

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Apr 3 2008, 03:54 AM)
QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Apr 3 2008, 03:49 AM)

Why do teens always choose vodka or schnopps (or both!) as the drink of choice when making their first dives into alcohol experimentation? laugh.gif

Im really not sure. I had expereinces with Vodka and SoCo where I was ready for my shoes to regurgitate.... hahahaa

I can't really handle tequila either. I mean I love it, but I usually end up on the floor wishing I wasn't drunk anymore or completely assed out until the middle of the next day. The last time I woke up sitting on the toilet, propped up by head on the sink. laugh.gif

Try "frozen" Grey Goose.

I know it doesn't actually freeze but it will get a little thicker, goes down amazingly smooth when frozen.

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Apr 3 2008, 02:54 AM)

It they are cheap, and vodka is clear so it's easy to hide in annnnything wink.gif

QUOTE (snowdogged @ Apr 4 2008, 12:35 PM)
Tequila is the only alcohol I like drinking straight.(Well, sort of.) I like it with the lemon and salt.

lime and salt for me yes.gif

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Apr 4 2008, 01:53 PM)
QUOTE (lmnopqrstuvwxYYZ @ Apr 4 2008, 08:14 AM)
Did somebody say Tequila? Me gusta tequila

patron.gif

oh yeah!

fond memories of that when we hung out in Cinci, 'eh?

1022.gif