So yeah, Ghost Rider is pretty much the worst movi

Ya_Big_Tree

I just saw the worst movie of all time IMHO... Ghost Rider.

OMG talk about really cheesy dialogue and the premise is completly unfounded and derrivative. It is actually a rip off of Spawn in a sense only where as with Spawn you kinda care what happens to Al, in Ghost Rider I dont think anyone gives a crap about the intenal struggle with Nicholas Cages character.

The love story was childish and unnecessary and the only saving grace this flick has is with the awesome special effects with the motorcycle. The skull wasnt scary enough and I didnt understand the plot because it got way too confusing and too much like a Mortal Kombat meets Spawn. They have some big guy from Hell (the son of the devil, go figure) who can swallow souls and then you got the Ghost Rider who is like Spawn because he makes a deal with the devil to work with him to bring souls into Hell.

I was extremely disappointed and frankly I dont think it is better than my previously stated comment of worst movie ever made: Catwoman. OMG that was a shitty movie. It had absolutely no plot and the only thing that kept me watching was Halle Berry in tight leather, that is it. But this movie didnt have anything good and was quite possibly one of the most godawful things I have ever watched. That there is 2 hours of my life I am never getting back.

UGH... dont see it.

QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ Jun 9 2007, 11:43 PM)
I just saw the worst movie of all time IMHO... Ghost Rider.

OMG talk about really cheesy dialogue and the premise is completly unfounded and derrivative. It is actually a rip off of Spawn in a sense only where as with Spawn you kinda care what happens to Al, in Ghost Rider I dont think anyone gives a crap about the intenal struggle with Nicholas Cages character.

The love story was childish and unnecessary and the only saving grace this flick has is with the awesome special effects with the motorcycle. The skull wasnt scary enough and I didnt understand the plot because it got way too confusing and too much like a Mortal Kombat meets Spawn. They have some big guy from Hell (the son of the devil, go figure) who can swallow souls and then you got the Ghost Rider who is like Spawn because he makes a deal with the devil to work with him to bring souls into Hell.

I was extremely disappointed and frankly I dont think it is better than my previously stated comment of worst movie ever made: Catwoman. OMG that was a shitty movie. It had absolutely no plot and the only thing that kept me watching was Halle Berry in tight leather, that is it. But this movie didnt have anything good and was quite possibly one of the most godawful things I have ever watched. That there is 2 hours of my life I am never getting back.

UGH... dont see it.

When I first read this I thought you meant Halle was in Ghost Rider and I rushed off looking for pics...

wacko.gif

(Sneaks off to look for Halle in Catwoman pics [again])

biggrin.gif

The comparisons to SPAWN are ridiculous. Ghost Rider pre-dated Spawn by like TWO AND A HALF DECADES!!!

So if anything... Todd McFarlane ripped off the Ghost Rider storyline.

But don't forget the movie was an amalgam of various Ghost Rider timelines. It had aspects of the original, seventies book as well as the late 80's version with Danny Ketch.

All in all, i thought it was rather entertaining. As a MASSIVE Ghost Rider fan, I wasn't terribly dissapointed. I realize they don't make these movies for the fan, but for the regular idiot movie goer. So I wasn't expecting it to be brilliant. I expected it to be entertaining, and it wasn't bad at that. I'll see the sequel as well. yes.gif

I pretty much wrote it off after seeing the first 18 seconds of the trailer on TV. Edited by -D-RocK-

I actually liked Ghost rider, its not an oscar winner but it was entertaining. I also enjoyed DareDevil, now Catwomen, thats another story.

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Jun 10 2007, 09:30 PM)
I haven't seen GR yet. Mainly because I've disliked Cage for a long time.

As Necro said, Ghost Rider preceded Spawn by over 2 decades so he isn't a rip off. He was around when Spawn's creator was in diapers.

What you on about mate???

ohmy.gif

You ARE the Ghost Rider!!!

biggrin.gif

QUOTE (My_Shrimp_Cot @ Jun 10 2007, 06:09 AM)
god, I hate Nicolas Cage as an actor. Did he make a deal with the devil or what?

He's like a tall Woody Allen trying to play macho characters.

It's just not believable. no.gif

I didn't see much of his movies but i thought he did a pretty good job in World Trade Center. That was very dramatic.

QUOTE (treeduck @ Jun 11 2007, 01:19 PM)
I haven't seen GR yet.  Mainly because I've disliked Cage for a long time.   

As Necro said, Ghost Rider preceded Spawn by over 2 decades so he isn't a rip off.  He was around when Spawn's creator was in diapers.

ohmy.gif

biggrin.gif

I finally saw my movie and I have to admit that it sucked. A damn shame. It wasn't nearly as bad as Catwoman but bad enough especially for as cool a character as Ghost Rider is.

Ghost Rider is my favorite Marvel character. I've loved him since I was a child in the 70's and have every issue ever made. I knew this movie was going to suck the fat part because the director sucks and Nicolas Cage is such a campy hero.

One of my friends sent me an advanced copy and it was so terrible you could tell the actors were acting. What it really needed was "Joel and Bots" to make it better. rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

I couldn't believe the corny lines in this movie like were Nicolas Cage says "I'm going to keep this curse and Fight Fire With Fire". rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Jun 23 2007, 09:17 AM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Jun 11 2007, 01:19 PM)
I haven't seen GR yet.  Mainly because I've disliked Cage for a long time.   

As Necro said, Ghost Rider preceded Spawn by over 2 decades so he isn't a rip off.  He was around when Spawn's creator was in diapers.

ohmy.gif

biggrin.gif

I finally saw my movie and I have to admit that it sucked. A damn shame. It wasn't nearly as bad as Catwoman but bad enough especially for as cool a character as Ghost Rider is.

I think it's Cage, he was terrible in the remake of The Wicker Man, and the film itself was hilariously bad. I think he's definitely going through a turkey phase. He used to be good at one time but he's killed the Ghost Rider series at volume one...