RESERVOIR DOGS VERSES PULP FICTION!

RUSHHEAD666

Which Movie Do You Like Better?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Which Movie Do You Like Better?

• RESERVOIR DOGS
    • PULP FICTION

I got into this with my wife the other night after watching the extended cut of "Donnie Brasco" on Bluray.

I had forgotten that Michael Madsen was in that flick so I started thinking about how great Michael is in "Reservoir Dogs." I told Wendy that "Reservoir Dogs" is better than "Pulp Fiction" even though I do think that "Pulp Fiction" is also one of the greatest films ever made.

I still can't believe Samuel L. Jackson got snubbed for "Best Supporting Actor" for "Pulp Fiction" over that old dude in "Ed Wood."

Anyway I am sure "Pulp Fiction" is the Fan Favorite.

I am going with "Reservoir Dogs."

I love Chris Penn in that movie too when he is spiting all over himself. "DON'T POINT THAT GUN AT MY DAD!"

Classic shit!!

Mr. White

Pulp, but only by a small margin. I've seen over a thousand movies, and they're both in my top 5.

My friend and I quote that Nice Guy Eddie line all the time. However, its difficult to reproduce the saliva and chest hair.

That's a tough one.......... confused13.gif

both are great movies, but pulp fiction is an incredible movie with great substories going on.. 2 of my favs from Q.. i like 4 rooms also

Pulp has so much more going on and is a lot better even though I like both. Four Rooms is one of the worst flicks ever. It was so bad we felt like we didn't get our money's worth and we went and saw that Van Damme movie in the stadium during the hockey game. Only time I've ever done that but the Van Damme movie was better.

I've gotta go with Reservoir Dogs... I've only seen Pulp Fiction once, and it's been awhile... and I HAVE seen Dogs countless times (I own it)... but I've gotta go with RD. If I watched PF again now, who knows, I might see it differently.

I think Reservoir Dogs is probably better as a fully realized work of art, but Pulp Fiction hit me at just the right time. (I was 20, a junior in college.) It transformed my entire understanding of the medium. I suddenly understood film as art, instead of just movies as entertainment. (Granted, it's still mostly entertainment... but it's a lot more artistic than what normally passes as entertainment.)

Sadly I haven't really gotten into Tarantino's direction since then. Jackie Brown was OK; I hated Kill Bill Volume One. I haven't seen KBv2 or Grindhouse (although I do want to see Grindhouse).

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Jun 5 2007, 05:06 PM)
I still can't believe Samuel L. Jackson got snubbed for "Best Supporting Actor" for "Pulp Fiction" over that old dude in "Ed Wood."

When you think about it, Samuel L. Jackson really got snubbed for Best Actor, for which he should have been nominated in the first place. Yeah, John Travolta's performance was great, but Jackson was brilliant. His character was not "supporting" in anyway.

Anyway, Martin Landau was brilliant in Ed Wood, he deserved the Oscar, for what it's worth.

Pulp Fiction is all about the lines...which are some of the most badass lines in all of movie history. Reservoir is like Pulp Fiction in that sense, but almost like Quentin had not found his edge yet you know. Kind-of like Rush making "Rush" thru "Caress of Steel" and then "2112". Great 1st 3 records but they're still tryin to find their sound which they succeed on w/ 2112.

I'd also put the Kill Bill movies first, but out of Reservoir Dogs and Pulp Fiction...I don't know. I used to think Pulp Fiction was better, but I've watched RD way more times, so I'll go with that. I've gotta be in a mood for PF.