SPOILER why is ****** so neglected?

lonelymoon

Analog Kid has a killer opening riff. great energy through the verses, busy bass. Nice contrast in the chorus where it slows down, you move me, you move me, with your buildings and your eyes, autumn woods and winter skies... very pretty. Then the mind boggling solo. Then the uptempo ending... too many hands on my time, etc. Great dynamic tune. And the ending has the so cool keyboard (moog?) sound, like a spinning flying saucer lifting off. A showcase tune. Why the hell do they never play it? PLEASE PLAY ANALOG KID!! yes.gif

i think it would fit nice as the 2nd song of the night

It was played during the T4E tour back in 96/97.

But ya, great tune.......goddam! 1022.gif

HELL YEAH!!!! It's about time someone mentioned The Analog Kid, that is probably my favorite Rush song next to Camera Eye. I heard it live when Rush played in Lubbock Tx in 1992, it was amazing. 2.gif

Hasn't been neglected really since it was last played in 94'. They skipped it once during T4E, then VT, and R30 was the hits tour Subdivisions had to get the nod.

But Geddy loves this song and whatever he wants he gets.

Between The Wheels, The Pass, Bravado, Red Sector A (3 straight tours), etc...I'll stop right there or might spoil the "gem" for the tour.

I'm fully on board that it's been given enough of a break. I'd love to see it played for this tour. It's such an incredible song to see performed live. When those lights kick in with the synths on the chorus - you feel like you can fly. I get that same weightless feeling whenever they play Bravado, too.

new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

I'm with you. Analog Kid is probably my favorite post MP song. As others mentioned, it has been played live recently (last few tours at least). It would definately be in my fantasy set list (and would also be the newest releast of my fantasy setlist other than wanting to hear a few of the S&A tunes live)

QUOTE (rushbass @ May 27 2007, 03:22 PM)
Yep, its only been played twice live (Signals and CP Tour) - bring TAK back!

It was also added to the second leg of the North American Tour in 1992 (Roll the Bones).

I love this song also, it could become a tour staple quite easily and not bother me any!

QUOTE (Brava Doh! @ May 28 2007, 06:31 AM)
QUOTE (rushbass @ May 27 2007, 03:22 PM)
Yep, its only been played twice live (Signals and CP Tour) - bring TAK back!

It was also added to the second leg of the North American Tour in 1992 (Roll the Bones).

I love this song also, it could become a tour staple quite easily and not bother me any!

My bad - you are so right... I saw them twice that tour - they didn't play Analog Kid in Atlanta, but they did later in the tour at the Nashville show (just checked the setlist)... I completely forgot about that! blush4.gif

Rush still should bring it back! trink39.gif

I would like to see the original ending brough back for this tour, too, while I think of it. The chorus repeat ending is cool, but there are a lot of cool bass parts in the faster ending on the original studio version of the track.

That's how they played it on the Signals tour, and I'd like to see it.

QUOTE (rushbass @ May 28 2007, 07:35 AM)

Rush still should bring it back! trink39.gif

No, not if they played it during the second leg of the RTB tour.

yeah i tend to agree,i would like to see it live.. but since i am catching2 shows this year and that will be the first time i have ever seen rush, i will take whatever they want to play... but analog kid, kid gloves, digital man.. any of those i would love to see live.

Rush still should bring it back!  trink39.gif

QUOTE (pedro2112 @ May 28 2007, 01:46 PM)

Maybe they should just play Dreamline, Roll The Bones and Bravado for three hours straight, alternating between the three... tongue.gif wink.gif

QUOTE (rushbass @ May 28 2007, 08:09 PM)

Rush still should bring it back!  trink39.gif

QUOTE (pedro2112 @ May 28 2007, 01:46 PM)

Maybe they should just play Dreamline, Roll The Bones and Bravado for three hours straight, alternating between the three... tongue.gif wink.gif

I'll see your wink.gif tongue.gif and raise you laugh.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif wacko.gif