Nevermore-

I just got a cd of these guys from a friend, and I think they are awesome! He made me a mix cd of a variety of their stuff, and I can't stop listening to it! It's pure metal, with the old-school kind metal vocals that I like yes.gif In other words, not 'cookie monster' vocals. The guitarist, Jeff Loomis, definitely stands out. Any other fans here??

1022.gif

QUOTE (Cygnalschick @ May 24 2007, 01:44 PM)
I just got a cd of these guys from a friend, and I think they are awesome! He made me a mix cd of a variety of their stuff, and I can't stop listening to it! It's pure metal, with the old-school kind metal vocals that I like yes.gif In other words, not 'cookie monster' vocals. The guitarist, Jeff Loomis, definitely stands out. Any other fans here??

1022.gif

Hello CC

bekloppt.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ May 24 2007, 12:45 PM)
QUOTE (Cygnalschick @ May 24 2007, 01:44 PM)
I just got a cd of these guys from a friend, and I think they are awesome! He made me a mix cd of a variety of their stuff, and I can't stop listening to it! It's pure metal, with the old-school kind metal vocals that I like yes.gif  In other words, not 'cookie monster' vocals. The guitarist, Jeff Loomis, definitely stands out. Any other fans here??

1022.gif

Hello CC

bekloppt.gif

Hi there! bekloppt.gif trink39.gif

They're a pretty good band, I have their last 2 albums. They do what they do extremely well. There's just SOMETHING about them, something I can't actually define, that doesn't QUITE do it for me, the same way that other Metal bands do. In fact it's had me racking my brains to figure it out, but I just can't....

Know what I mean?

QUOTE (prog.fusion @ May 24 2007, 09:37 PM)
one of my favorite metal bands, and one of the few that i still listen to.

Jeff's solo album is gonna slay.

When is his solo album supposed to be coming out?

QUOTE (Cygnalschick @ May 25 2007, 06:24 PM)
QUOTE (prog.fusion @ May 24 2007, 09:37 PM)
one of my favorite metal bands, and one of the few that i still listen to.

Jeff's solo album is gonna slay.

When is his solo album supposed to be coming out?

probably sometime this year. but other than that, i have no idea. wtf.gif

Yes, Nevermore rocks!!

Dreaming Neon Black & Dead Heart Rule!!

I'm friends with all those guys and filmed about 6 of their shows.

I don't care for the last 2 albums. Warrell needs some new subject matter to write about.

take care

QUOTE (wayshway @ May 27 2007, 03:49 PM)
Yes, Nevermore rocks!!

Dreaming Neon Black & Dead Heart Rule!!
I'm friends with all those guys and filmed about 6 of their shows.

I don't care for the last 2 albums. Warrell needs some new subject matter to write about.

take care

Friends with them? Sweet! trink39.gif

Nevermore is awesome and.... then have something in common with Rush.

They totally take you to that next level of fandom whern you see them live. If you ever get the chance JUMP on it, their shows are excellent.

Probably saw them 4 of 5 times anyways usually opening act for bands like In Flames, Iced Earth, Arch Enemy.

1022.gif

QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ Jun 19 2007, 06:11 AM)
Nevermore is awesome and.... then have something in common with Rush.

They totally take you to that next level of fandom whern you see them live. If you ever get the chance JUMP on it, their shows are excellent.

Probably saw them 4 of 5 times anyways usually opening act for bands like In Flames, Iced Earth, Arch Enemy.

1022.gif

I will definitely see them if I get the chance yes.gif

i picked up This Godless Endeavor a few weeks ago and am i ever glad that i did. these guys are just what i've been looking for in a metal band. insane riffs , mind blowing solo's, lots of double bass drumming, and clean vocals. that was the biggest seller for me. overall an excellent band, a hell of alot better than the other crap out there today.

waaaaay underrated band. i remember those guys from SANCTUARY

1022.gif

dead heart in a dead world

1022.gif

I cannot stand this band. Pat was too good for them and joined cannibal - good move .

i like a few of their songs here & there, i like "The Heart Collector" and "Believe in Nothing"

Love this band. Two of the members were in Sanctuary, another band who I love. Top-notch metal. Also had the pleasure of meetin them a few yrs back after a show. Nice guys! 1022.gif

QUOTE (WCFIELDS @ Dec 28 2008, 10:03 PM)
Wow, anyone here have Warell Dane's (singer from Nevermore) new solo album? This album is f'n amazing...........! ohmy.gif

DOH!.......he is the singer from Nightwish! Sorry folks..........

QUOTE (WCFIELDS @ Dec 28 2008, 11:03 PM)
Wow, anyone here have Warell Dane's (singer from Nevermore) new solo album? This album is f'n amazing...........! ohmy.gif

Yeah...that's why I mentioned it biggrin.gif ! I really like Dane's style. By the way, be sure to check out Loomis' solo album too. It's recent, it's on iTunes, there's no reason not to...and you'll love it.

QUOTE (raygun47 @ Nov 23 2008, 10:32 PM)
Love them. Loomis' record is out and Dane has one too...both great.

Which one is better.......I haven't heard Loomis' yet. Dane's is amazing......