2012 Jump on the bandwagon ...

Lady April

This book, Apocalypse 2012, by author Lawrence E. Joseph, is called a "Scientific Investigation Into Civilizations End." He is a smart guy and a smart ass.. Just so you know, for the skeptics here, He does provide a disclaimer the he represents no religious or political ideology. There are a lot of random facts that are like" ohmy.gif Holy shit! I didn't know that!" He has visited many countries and travelled and spoken with people like Mayan Shamans in Gutemala and renouned scientist Lonnie Thompson. There are many histories he touches base on that are fact filled, yet turnes to only disprove them with yet more facts. From every aspect of Geology, astrophysics, different religious beliefs and it all seems to wind down to the year 2012. You should read this and see why that is. smile.gif I love that stuff, This guy is pretty cool and I would go to see him speak.

Sunday night, I stayed up watching The History Channel about how some ancient civilizations, the Mayans for example, predicted "the end" to be in 2012. The Mayan calendar comes to an abrupt end at 2012. Scared the shit out of me, and I couldn't sleep. sad.gif

laugh.gif But it's not like that. People blow the whole thing out of context. What it is the end of is their long count calendar called the baktun. starts at 0.0.0.0.0.1, ends at 13.0.0.0.0.0 and then starts all over again.

December 22 of 2012 is the first day of the Mayans new 5th age of man.

Bizarro tongue.gif

I wont be surprised to see something crazy happen.

Not a directly related book to 2012 apocalypse but a great book - "Fingerprints of the Gods" by Graham Hancock discusses a lot of the evidence of a long lost advanced civilization on Earth and talks a lot about possible extinction causes, Mayan beliefs all that sort of stuff.

Real good read (unless you're scared of that stuff).

Anyways I am pretty convinced. I've already been scoping out stores where they have "Don't pay a dime until 2013!" specials.

icon_alienjig.gif

I think United Furniture Warehouse has some specials on where you don't pay a dime until 2012 and no money down.

I'm certain 2012 is going to come and go, just like that Y2K horsepucky.

QUOTE (-D-RocK- @ Jun 1 2007, 03:54 PM)
I think United Furniture Warehouse has some specials on where you don't pay a dime until 2012 and no money down.

Horsepucky?

Is that you, Col. Potter? wink.gif

QUOTE (steelcaressed @ Jun 14 2007, 10:22 PM)
QUOTE (-D-RocK- @ Jun 1 2007, 03:54 PM)

Horsepucky?

Is that you, Col. Potter? wink.gif

rofl3.gif

Scared the crap outta me to then I thought well maybe they just said, F*ck it, thats long enough or perhaps the big ruler guy (lol) said, WTF are you gus doing! I said 1,000 years! Not 2,000 years!

Theres a song by The Klaxons called, The Four Horsemen Of 2012, cool song.

eyesre4.gif The whole end of the world thing is a bunch of crap. That's NOT the Mayan prophecy. Biblical scriptures fortold of an angry God who will suffer man with Armageddon. The Mayans told of change. So did the ancient Chinese.

man are ending the world all by themselves beathorse.gif

angry.gif bad little man man, bad BAD!!!

I definitely believe we are coming to an enormous change for the consciousness of the human race in the next few years, and December 21, 2012 is an enormous part of that. I've actually known about this since about 1987, but I never in my wildest dreams thought it would become information that would be so public as it's becoming.

That said, I don't believe for a second it's the "end of the world", but it will be of great significance. Things have already started to change, intensify and speed up and it will continue to accelerate. It's gonna make the social change in the 60's look small in comparison. This truly is the dawning of the age of Aquarius. I understand it's something that will be met by great skepticism by many, but that's cool. Talk to me in 5 years and we'll see if you're still skeptical. tongue.gif

Not the end of the world, but a mass evolution of consciousness. I just saw what looked like a GREAT book on the subject called The Mayan Code that just came out. I wanted to buy it, but didn't feel like shelling out the $18 at that moment.

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jun 24 2007, 10:31 AM)
I definitely believe we are coming to an enormous change for the consciousness of the human race in the next few years, and December 21, 2012 is an enormous part of that. I've actually known about this since about 1987, but I never in my wildest dreams thought it would become information that would be so public as it's becoming.

That said, I don't believe for a second it's the "end of the world", but it will be of great significance. Things have already started to change, intensify and speed up and it will continue to accelerate. It's gonna make the social change in the 60's look small in comparison. This truly is the dawning of the age of Aquarius. I understand it's something that will be met by great skepticism by many, but that's cool. Talk to me in 5 years and we'll see if you're still skeptical. tongue.gif

Not the end of the world, but a mass evolution of consciousness. I just saw what looked like a GREAT book on the subject called The Mayan Code that just came out. I wanted to buy it, but didn't feel like shelling out the $18 at that moment.

Wait a minute. It's going to be a "mass evolution of consciousness, etc." and you didn't want to shell out a measely 18 bucks?!! wacko.gif

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Jun 23 2007, 09:39 PM)
I definitely believe we are coming to an enormous change for the consciousness of the human race in the next few years, and December 21, 2012 is an enormous part of that.  I've actually known about this since about 1987, but I never in my wildest dreams thought it would become information that would be so public as it's becoming.

That said, I don't believe for a second it's the "end of the world", but it will be of great significance.  Things have already started to change, intensify and speed up and it will continue to accelerate.  It's gonna make the social change in the 60's look small in comparison.  This truly is the dawning of the age of Aquarius.  I understand it's something that will be met by great skepticism by many, but that's cool.  Talk to me in 5 years and we'll see if you're still skeptical. tongue.gif

Not the end of the world, but a mass evolution of consciousness.  I just saw what looked like a GREAT book on the subject called The Mayan Code that just came out.  I wanted to buy it, but didn't feel like shelling out the $18 at that moment.

Wait a minute. It's going to be a "mass evolution of consciousness, etc." and you didn't want to shell out a measely 18 bucks?!! wacko.gif

18 bucks is 18 bucks.....

Might find "The Celestine Prophecy" a good read, too.

We seem to be approaching the Crittical Mass...

QUOTE (pedro2112 @ Jun 24 2007, 01:17 PM)
QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Jun 23 2007, 09:39 PM)
I definitely believe we are coming to an enormous change for the consciousness of the human race in the next few years, and December 21, 2012 is an enormous part of that.  I've actually known about this since about 1987, but I never in my wildest dreams thought it would become information that would be so public as it's becoming.

That said, I don't believe for a second it's the "end of the world", but it will be of great significance.  Things have already started to change, intensify and speed up and it will continue to accelerate.  It's gonna make the social change in the 60's look small in comparison.  This truly is the dawning of the age of Aquarius.  I understand it's something that will be met by great skepticism by many, but that's cool.  Talk to me in 5 years and we'll see if you're still skeptical. tongue.gif

Not the end of the world, but a mass evolution of consciousness.  I just saw what looked like a GREAT book on the subject called The Mayan Code that just came out.  I wanted to buy it, but didn't feel like shelling out the $18 at that moment.

18 bucks is 18 bucks.....

laugh.gif Nice Geddy/Bob & Doug reference.

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Jun 23 2007, 08:39 PM)

Me buying the book or not won't change the course of history. tongue.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jun 24 2007, 10:36 PM)

Really?! I thought it would. eyesre4.gif

You know what I meant. If not then: if something of such monumental importance is going to happen, wouldn't you want to read more up on it?

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Jun 24 2007, 07:10 AM)

You know what I meant. If not then: if something of such monumental importance is going to happen, wouldn't you want to read more up on it?

I totally do want to read up more about it, but I'll wait till fundage is more plentiful. The book will still be there. yes.gif tongue.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jun 24 2007, 11:38 PM)

I totally do want to read up more about it, but I'll wait till fundage is more plentiful. The book will still be there. yes.gif tongue.gif

There's always the 'ol "requesting it through the library" trick. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Jun 24 2007, 07:44 AM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jun 24 2007, 11:38 PM)

There's always the 'ol "requesting it through the library" trick. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Very true, but the Ashland library is temporary closed (long painful story).

This is the book I'm referring to:

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f72/rushgoober5/rushgoober6/mayan.jpg

Amazon - The Mayan Code

2012 is very significant because it is the year the United States will elect it's first gay president.

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jun 24 2007, 06:37 PM)

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f72/rushgoober5/rushgoober6/clay2.jpg

http://theducks.org/pictures/do-not-want-dog.jpg