Ghost stories

barney_rebel

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (chaotica @ Feb 25 2005, 10:52 PM)
http://www.angelrays.com/fla/legend.html
theres a pice of my mom and my niece here... they have soo many angels around them its too high to count

check it out

i'm very sorry i gave the wrong link well here the right link

http://www.soulkisses.com/photos/angels.htm LOOK AT THE FIRST PICTURE

this is my mom and niece

what a cool pic

We had a really really bad storm about 5 years ago here, and a lightning bolt struck right through one of the trees in our yard unsure.gif Miraculously, the tree is still alive, but the bolt cut deep into the tree, leaving this big cut-out on the tree.

The ghastly part about this is that when you look at the cut-out, you would swear it looked like the angel Mary, blessing our house from that lightning bolt...

I've had a few 'unexplained' occurrences in life. One of the ones that is noteworthy is the night we used the Quija Board in my bedroom of the house I was renting. There were 5 of us and we started using the board. I didn't have any candles, and my only light in the room was this very bright lamp which did nothing for ambience. So to set the mood I turned my TV to a snowy channel which dimly lit the room.

Anyway, for me it was a little shocking at first when the oracle thing actually started to move. It was very clear that it was not being manipulated by any of us. We began to ask it questions, and the way it flowed and swayed was unbelievable. What was also becoming apparent was the increasing strength, freedom, and speed in which it was moving. At one point most of us had stopped bothering to put our hands on the oracle. It didn't need us.

Finally, I asked if there was a presence controlling the oracle. It said yes.

I then asked if it were in the room. Yes.

My friends and I were just looking at each other in disbelief. What happened next was astounding. I asked it to prove itself. If it were truly in the room... do something with the tv. At that very moment, the tv (and the entire room) went dark for about 3 seconds. Everyone was so freaked out, that they wanted the lamp on and we just stopped using the board. Problem was, it was MY bedroom and I had to stay there. laugh.gif

I can't explain what happened - I only know what I experienced. If something was there, it hung around too. One night a couple of weeks later I was watching TV. Suddenly the CD changer on my stereo loaded a disc on it's own. Funny that I'm typing this story at a Rush forum, because the disc was Signals. laugh.gif So I said out loud - OK, you want to hear it.... Play it!! And it did. The green arrow light on the play button illuminated and Subdivisions started to play. It was so cool. cool.gif

Nothing ever happened after that. I think the ghost that actually DID live in that house chased it away.

i was 19 and went to a sayonce...

there were 12 and the medium... the person who channels herself to allow spirits to talk through her...

we started it by puting our hands together one up one down... then i woke up 4 hours later never knowing what happened there but what i was told was...

when the medium asked to channel through her and to speak with us i then talked.. but i was the medium in stead of who it was sopposed to be...

why that happened to this day i have no idea

never been to another one either because i was so sore for the next few days after that , i am scard to do that again

paranomia/spirits/ghost just follows me i guess ph34r.gif

so now i'm a rush fan and a freak... ok live with it biggrin.gif

QUOTE (paganoman @ Feb 25 2005, 09:05 PM)
I've had a few 'unexplained' occurrences in life. One of the ones that is noteworthy is the night we used the Quija Board in my bedroom of the house I was renting. There were 5 of us and we started using the board. I didn't have any candles, and my only light in the room was this very bright lamp which did nothing for ambience. So to set the mood I turned my TV to a snowy channel which dimly lit the room.

Anyway, for me it was a little shocking at first when the oracle thing actually started to move. It was very clear that it was not being manipulated by any of us. We began to ask it questions, and the way it flowed and swayed was unbelievable. What was also becoming apparent was the increasing strength, freedom, and speed in which it was moving. At one point most of us had stopped bothering to put our hands on the oracle. It didn't need us.

Finally, I asked if there was a presence controlling the oracle. It said yes.
I then asked if it were in the room. Yes.

My friends and I were just looking at each other in disbelief. What happened next was astounding. I asked it to prove itself. If it were truly in the room... do something with the tv. At that very moment, the tv (and the entire room) went dark for about 3 seconds. Everyone was so freaked out, that they wanted the lamp on and we just stopped using the board. Problem was, it was MY bedroom and I had to stay there. laugh.gif

I can't explain what happened - I only know what I experienced. If something was there, it hung around too. One night a couple of weeks later I was watching TV. Suddenly the CD changer on my stereo loaded a disc on it's own. Funny that I'm typing this story at a Rush forum, because the disc was Signals. laugh.gif So I said out loud - OK, you want to hear it.... Play it!! And it did. The green arrow light on the play button illuminated and Subdivisions started to play. It was so cool. cool.gif

Nothing ever happened after that. I think the ghost that actually DID live in that house chased it away.

haha thats funny and kinda creepy at the same time! At least its a nice spirit with very good taste of music! LOL too funny! laugh.gif

As promised, I come to the last of my ghostly experiences (I told you I'd had a few).

As most of you probably know by now, I've mentioned it often enough, I used to work at the McDonalds which is located in the centre of Mansfield. In the mid 1970s, there was a major restructuring of the area between two of the main streets running off the market place, West Gate and Stockwell Gate. In order to make room for a new shopping centre, a large number of old buildings (including a cinema, which I'll come back to later) were demolished and the rest were rennovated.

Part of this area, which used to be a warren of old alleyways, is where the McDonalds I used to work at is located. Now, the layout is quite confusing. As you come in through the front doors, you have the dining area in fron of you with the counter at the far end. Located behind this is the kitchen. To the right are the freezer and chiller on one side and the cleaning area on the other. In the left hand wall, after the cleaning area, is a doorway which runs quite a way into the shopping centre foundations. On the right hand side of the corridor are the staff room, store room and trash room. On the left are the electricity cupboard, stairs to the roof and the lift. At the far end of the corridor is a door that opens into a large storage area which is called the void. Along the corridor arethree sets of fire doors which haven't, as far as I know, been oiled since the place was built - hence they make a lot of noise when opened. In addition, the footsteps of anyone walking down the corridor echo quite loudly (another significant fact to remember).

Anyway, from the moment I started working there I began to hear stories of how the place was haunted. A lot of the staff would not go into the void on their own, especially on the night shift, as it could have a very unpleasent aura. In addition, people down there on their own have heard voices calling to them and had soft toys from the Happy Meals thrown at them. One of the girls who worked there was cleaning the dining area after closing time when she heard the voice of a little girlasking where he daddy was (apparently, there had been a fire in the old cinema which had spread and a man and his daughter had been trapped and killed!). One of the stories that was taken with a pich of salt was the sighting of a giant pink teddy bear on the roof (Acid anyone?).

My own experiences weren't particularly scary, just a little unnerving. Quite frequently, I was scheduled to work the opening shift. At these times, one of my first jobs was to turn on the bun toasters to ensure they wer up to temperature. After a few shifts, this became second nature. The only problem is that, on more than one occasion, the toasters would be found, about three hours later, to have been turned off and quite cool. I later found that this had happened to a number of people.

On another occasion, just beofre we found out that Jess was pregnent with James, I was on a closing shift and cleaning out one of the wall mounted freezers. As I pulled ny head ut when I saw the silhouette of a young woman. For a moment, I thought it was Jess but it couldn't have been as she just vanished.

On another occasion, I was loading all the rubbish into the lift when I noticed someone walk past me, making me jump. Nothing remarkable about that you may think, until I remind you about the doors and echoes in the corridor down to the lift area. Believe me when I say that there is no way anyone could walk down that corridor without you hearing them.

There are a few more stories about that place, but I'll try and get Jess to report those as a lot of them happened to her.

As this post has gone on a lot longer than I expected, I'll leave it at that and give you the last few later.

QUOTE (Slaine mac Roth @ Dec 14 2004, 10:15 AM)
Time now for my next ghostly encounters (I warned you I'd had quite a few).

By 1989 I had moved back to Mansfield and met Jess, who later became my wife. Deciding to move in together, we rented a house in Mansfield Woodhouse which was an old terraced house with three floors - ground had two living rooms and a kitchen, first had two bedrooms and a bathroom while the attic had been converted into another bedroom. Immediately, we decided to use the larger of the the two first floor rooms as our bedroom and the top room as a place to keep the computer, record collection, books, etc.

I first noticed something was quite right with the house before we'd even moved in. One night, while Jess was at work, I took a load of stuff from my flat to the house and decided to move all the boxes of books up to the attic room. While on the ground floor I was fine, likewise on the top floor. However, there was decidely unpleasant feeling on the first floor hallway and, chicken that I am, I spent a lot of time sat on the top floor listening to Different Stages in the attic with my back to the wall. ph34r.gif

Anyway, after we had moved in, things seemed to quieten down although the middle floor landing remained an unpleasant place to linger. In fact Jess, who is a lot more sensitive to such things than I, would, when I was working the late shift, immediately bolt up to the attic and close the door behind her until I got home.

My main experience occured in 1990, just before we found out she was prenent with James, out first child (this links into another experience I'll tell you about later). We had both gone to bed and slept very well. However, I was awakened at about three in the morning to find a dark woman in a white dress, like a wedding dress, leaning over me. In the time it took me to wake up fully, she was gone.

I know most people would say it was a dream, but I counter that with two main arguments:-

1) I rarely remember my dreams upon waking up - perhaps one or two a year and have usually forgotten them by the end of the week. This has stayed fresh in my memory for over four years. The fact I remember it so clearly is snother pointer - my memory is not always that great. I can forget what I had for breakfast by lunchtime.

2) The vividness of the dream. The few of my dreams that I can remember are, on the whole, hazy and indistinct. This one remains as vivid as the day I witnessed it so I am convinced that what I saw was there, not in my imagination.

Slaine dear, I hate to do this, but you got the years a little wrong, I think you meant 1999 and 2000, as in 1990 I was just 11 years old and din't know you rofl3.gif

ok, McDonalds....

The father of the girl that was heard on the dining area is one of the spirits down in the void. (incidentally, to the best of my knowledge, I am the only person brave enough to venture into the void without turning the lights on, when needing to access the party equipment storage cupboard)

The man that walked past Slaine in the lift area is a real joker, he likes nothing better than to creep up and touch people as they pass through that area. I got used to him very quickly.

The night Slaine saw the woman behind him, I was in store, but I was out on the dining area cleaning. I don't believe she is one of the McDonalds ghosts, I think she is my sister Emma, who was never born, my Muim had a miscarriage when my brother was about a year old, and Emma has been close to me since 1995.

I have a few other experiences to relate, but I'll save them for later

QUOTE (Meriagrin Brandytook @ Feb 28 2005, 04:50 PM)
QUOTE (Slaine mac Roth @ Dec 14 2004, 10:15 AM)
Time now for my next ghostly encounters (I warned you I'd had quite a few).

By 1989 I had moved back to Mansfield and met Jess, who later became my wife.  Deciding to move in together, we rented a house in Mansfield Woodhouse which was an old terraced house with three floors - ground had two living rooms and a kitchen, first had two bedrooms and a bathroom while the attic had been converted into another bedroom.  Immediately, we decided to use the larger of the the two first floor rooms as our bedroom and the top room as a place to keep the computer, record collection, books, etc.

I first noticed something was quite right with the house before we'd even moved in.  One night, while Jess was at work, I took a load of stuff from my flat to the house and decided to move all the boxes of books up to the attic room.  While on the ground floor I was fine, likewise on the top floor.  However, there was decidely unpleasant feeling on the first floor hallway and, chicken that I am, I spent a lot of time sat on the top floor listening to Different Stages in the attic with my back to the wall. ph34r.gif

Anyway, after we had moved in, things seemed to quieten down although the middle floor landing remained an unpleasant place to linger.  In fact Jess, who is a lot more sensitive to such things than I, would, when I was working the late shift, immediately bolt up to the attic and close the door behind her until I got home.

My main experience occured in 1990, just before we found out she was prenent with James, out first child (this links into another experience I'll tell you about later).  We had both gone to bed and slept very well.  However, I was awakened at about three in the morning to find a dark woman in a white dress, like a wedding dress, leaning over me.  In the time it took me to wake up fully, she was gone. 

I know most people would say it was a dream, but I counter that with two main arguments:-

1) I rarely remember my dreams upon waking up - perhaps one or two a year and have usually forgotten them by the end of the week.  This  has stayed fresh in my memory for over four years.  The fact I remember it so clearly is snother pointer - my memory is not always that great.  I can forget what I had for breakfast by lunchtime.

2) The vividness of the dream.  The few of my dreams that I can remember are, on the whole, hazy and indistinct.  This one remains as vivid as the day I witnessed it so I am convinced that what I saw was there, not in my imagination.

Slaine dear, I hate to do this, but you got the years a little wrong, I think you meant 1999 and 2000, as in 1990 I was just 11 years old and din't know you rofl3.gif

doh.gif

I'm called a dirty old man enough as it is

Some of my other experiences......

The first that I remember was when I was about 6 or 7 years old. I was living at Cantley, nr Doncaster, Sth Yorkshire, and the house I lived in, although very nice, had a less than nice atmosphere, especially after dark. I used to sleep with my bedroom door open, and the landing light was always left on. I started to notice human shaped shadows walking around on the landing, even though the only other person upstairs was my brother, who was generally asleep as soon as his head hit the pillow. Then, not long after this started (and my parents wouldn't believe me that we had ghosts) I felt a weight at the end of my bed. It was there every night within seconds of the others appearing. I rapidly became aware that the weight at the end of my bed was a man. I knew he was family, and 10 years later I finally found out who he was. I saw him, and I knew his face instantly, I'd only ever seen one photo of him, but I knew he was my great grandad. I still feel his presence now and then, even though I don't need his protection anymore.

The strange thing for me is windy weather, especially at night. I love to go out after dark, when it's blowing a gale, because I find myself more sensitive then, and that's usually when my sister visits me. I can't talk to her, but I like to know she's there.

I'll talk some more later...

when i was 17 i kept having this dream...i had 5 flashes in it...1headlights...2 shattered windshield...3blood.... 4a smoking dashboard... a blue georgetown hat

now i knew two people with the same hat...my best friend and my boyfriend at the time... i told them both about this dream and told them that something bad was going to happen and that someone was going to die ... i didn't knew how but could feel that someone was going to die when i saw the whole dream... this went on for about a month, everynight the same dream over and over. then it stopped

about two weeks went by then i had to go camping with my parents... my curfew was 1230am and i went along with the kids of the park... i didn't know them that well but were cool to hang with... the oldest decided we were going to leamington(5 -10 min drive from where we were) he told me to get into the truck... i argued with him because i had to be home by 1230 and it was 1115pm... he said that jamie had to be back for 12 and we would make it if we left now... so i got into the truck...the back since there was no room in the front .... jamie was be side me... he had on the same blue georgetown hat as in my dream

we drove to the main road made a left turn .... then into the ditch... an accident occured right in front of us... we ended up being the first on scene and to make a really long story short .... as i jumped out of the truck and before my feet could land on the ground ... i finally saw my dream in full... i was above myself watching everything happening

there was three girls ... 1 girl with broken nose and in shock

2 girl with no pulse and no face

3 girl with broken neck

we did cpr on the girl with no pulse and got her breathing before the ems showed up ...( shes had 14 reconstructive surjuries and has no brain damage because we started cpr so fast)

the girl with broken neck wore a halo for 18 month and has no side effects medically anyhow of the accident

girl with broke nose was set at hospital and was released

i was the last person to had over there patient to the paramedics(broken neck) i looked up and two guys put there arsms around me telling us what a great job we did and all i could do was point to the car...the guy who was the front passenger was under the car...dead... he also was wearing a blue georgetown hat

that night i kept reliving the dream...screamingmy head off in my sleep....

so when i dream i remember things even when i think i don't

QUOTE (barney_rebel @ Jun 6 2005, 05:54 PM)
This is a bump - just watching Unsolved Mysteries "Ghosts" DVD #2... crap I'm scared shitless....

love those episodes....they freak me out unsure.gif

QUOTE (chaotica @ Mar 2 2005, 10:06 PM)
when i was 17 i kept having this dream...i had 5 flashes in it...1headlights...2 shattered windshield...3blood.... 4a smoking dashboard... a blue georgetown hat

now i knew two people with the same hat...my best friend and my boyfriend at the time... i told them both about this dream and told them that something bad was going to happen and that someone was going to die ... i didn't knew how but could feel that someone was going to die when i saw the whole dream... this went on for about a month, everynight the same dream over and over. then it stopped

about two weeks went by then i had to go camping with my parents... my curfew was 1230am and i went along with the kids of the park... i didn't know them that well but were cool to hang with... the oldest decided we were going to leamington(5 -10 min drive from where we were) he told me to get into the truck... i argued with him because i had to be home by 1230 and it was 1115pm... he said that jamie had to be back for 12 and we would make it if we left now... so i got into the truck...the back since there was no room in the front .... jamie was be side me... he had on the same blue georgetown hat as in my dream

we drove to the main road made a left turn .... then into the ditch... an accident occured right in front of us... we ended up being the first on scene and to make a really long story short .... as i jumped out of the truck and before my feet could land on the ground ... i finally saw my dream in full... i was above myself watching everything happening

there was three girls ... 1 girl with broken nose and in shock
2 girl with no pulse and no face
3 girl with broken neck

we did cpr on the girl with no pulse and got her breathing before the ems showed up ...( shes had 14 reconstructive surjuries and has no brain damage because we started cpr so fast)

the girl with broken neck wore a halo for 18 month and has no side effects medically anyhow of the accident

girl with broke nose was set at hospital and was released

i was the last person to had over there patient to the paramedics(broken neck) i looked up and two guys put there arsms around me telling us what a great job we did and all i could do was point to the car...the guy who was the front passenger was under the car...dead... he also was wearing a blue georgetown hat

that night i kept reliving the dream...screamingmy head off in my sleep....

so when i dream i remember things even when i think i don't

oh wow...

I didn't see this til' today. That's some story sad.gif

QUOTE (D-13 @ Jun 6 2005, 08:56 PM)
This is a bump - just watching Unsolved Mysteries "Ghosts" DVD #2... crap I'm scared shitless....

Seriously - the hairs on my arm are standing up right now... it's that scary...

what little hair I have that is...

QUOTE (barney_rebel @ Jun 6 2005, 06:07 PM)

lol...ok the ones where they actaully have animated ghosts and stuff and the way they make them float really fast up stairs and yea that creeps me out....But I would like to meet a spirit...I really want to.

QUOTE (D-13 @ Jun 6 2005, 09:11 PM)

lol...ok the ones where they actaully have animated ghosts and stuff and the way they make them float really fast up stairs and yea that creeps me out....But I would like to meet a spirit...I really want to.

Just watched this one where this little girl "sees dead people" like Sixth Sense. This old guy keeps coming up to here and abusing here...

ugh... mommy... unsure.gif

QUOTE (barney_rebel @ Jun 6 2005, 08:46 PM)

Just watched this one where this little girl "sees dead people" like Sixth Sense. This old guy keeps coming up to here and abusing here...

laugh.gif

Where is Tammeh when you need her?

QUOTE (Alsgalpal @ Jun 6 2005, 09:52 PM)
QUOTE (barney_rebel @ Jun 6 2005, 08:46 PM)

laugh.gif

Where is Tammeh when you need her?

WTF? confused13.gif

Archived