Ghost stories

barney_rebel

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My Dad died in 1975 when I was 11. He died in June of that year, and two days after he passed I was sitting alone upstairs watching cricket (England v Australia, Tony Greig was batting, Max Walker was bowling for the interested among you!).

I suddenly felt very cold, and looked away from the TV (my old portable B/W) to see my Dad standing in the middle of the bedroom smiling at me.

He lifted his hand slightly, a weak wave I suppose, and disappeared into the wall. The thought of that night still makes me emotional...

QUOTE (Brutal Truth @ Dec 14 2004, 01:35 PM)
My Dad died in 1975 when I was 11. He died in June of that year, and two days after he passed I was sitting alone upstairs watching cricket (England v Australia, Tony Greig was batting, Max Walker was bowling for the interested among you!).

I suddenly felt very cold, and looked away from the TV (my old portable B/W) to see my Dad standing in the middle of the bedroom smiling at me.

He lifted his hand slightly, a weak wave I suppose, and disappeared into the wall. The thought of that night still makes me emotional...

You're very lucky.

QUOTE (Slaine mac Roth @ Dec 14 2004, 08:21 AM)
QUOTE (Cygnus @ Dec 14 2004, 03:18 PM)
He sees dead people

I certainly used to see brain dead people every day when I worked at McDonalds biggrin.gif

LMAO!!!! laugh.gif

My grandmother always gave us money as an allowance (usually $5 bill). Especially if you were a boy (sorry the way the chinese culture works).

Back when I was in the summer after Grade 9, I was at my friend's place. I got a call there and my mom said she died in the hospital.

As I walked home in a sad state, I found a $5 bill on the side of the road. To this day I haven't spent it. Probably just a dumb coincidence, but hey...

found a $5 bill floating around downtown the other night...

That is an interesting thing, barney. . . maybe a way of your grandmother letting you know she's watching over you. smile.gif

This reminded me of something. My grandmother passed this past February, and about a month later... I began having dreams about her. Some say that we might tend to dream about what we think of before you fall asleep, or something troubling us during the waking hours. But in these cases I hadn't particularly thought of her during the day. Each time, the dream was strange... like we were really out of our element, on a hill with a train going by once, once standing in the doorway of my parents bedroom. Each time though, I realized that she was dead, but that she was back, and okay. The time that I dreamt that we stood in my parent's bedroom, she gave me a hug and told me that she didn't need hearing aids anymore where she was. She wore 2 for most of her elderly years. What struck me about these dreams was how they weren't just dreams of how she had been in life. . . it was as if her spirit was speaking to me. Now I understand that some may say it's just my subconscious mind doing it's job to comfort my worries. . . but I have a cooky theory ( or maybe just an idea) that when we dream, we are able to "touch" or reach another. . . realm? dimension? existence? or what have you. Just an idea. smile.gif

The idea of a departed loved one watching over us definitely strikes a chord with me largely due to something that happened about five years ago to my wife.

It wasn't long after we had started seeing each other and she was at my flat when she saw a strange man in there for an instant. When she described him to me, he sounded familiar so I showed her a photograph of my brother whom she recognised as the person she had seen. The only thing is that he died in 1988, more than 10 years earlier!

It may be a coincedence but, soon after he was born, my soon would stare at a blank wall and have quite an involved conversation, in baby talk of course, of someone none of the rest of us could see. Perhaps my brother was taking the time to visit his new nephew?

I have one, from many years ago....

When I was four I was walking down the hall of my house, when I turned innocently to look into the bathroom, there was a woman in green robes sitting in my bathtub. Freaking out, I ran into my room and hid.

Two days later, I told my mom about it. Shocked, she said that she had been seeing a woman in green robes sit on her bed for over 3 months, at that point. Apparently this woman would touch her while she was sleeping and have her wake up in cold sweats.

We've moved out of that house now, apparently our new one isn't haunted tongue.gif

the wierdest thing happened too me and three friends when i was 16... the house that we lived in was haunted by an old man who as a child i called casper never hurt us but was always there... when i was sown he would flush the toilet to let me nknow he was there... sometime i felt comforted by him and sometimes it just scared the crap out of me anyhow...

we were sitting facing each other holding one hand down and the other up... recited some things and to this day will never repeat... some bible passing and such forth...

i was playing aound with black magic at the time and was able to put a "force field" or aomething like it in a doorway.... which feels like a layer of really really cold ice going through you but only at the part inwhich you are through ... you have to imagine this to get a visual...

an hour or so went on and we secided to stop and that was the wrong thing to do.... the bible we were reading from lifted from our circle in the air and went smashing to the wall adjasent to the doorway.... we all screammed loud....parent are upstaris ... sleeping

so kathy (on of the girls) got up and went to the doorway and stopped her body was flung around like a doll... we actually had to pull her out of the doorway and while this was happening we heard sounds like i have never heard before or since ... realy bad sounds mostly screams and just down right wierd .... the room in the dinning room behind her had a colour to it that i can't even tell you what it was

for the rest of the night we talked and held her because what ever had her wasn't giving up with out a fight.... she would go into convolsesions and her eyes were red and grey rings and she has bright blue eyes normally... her voice was deep and different, nothing that she could do herself....

when dawn came the next morning she was back to normal ... three of us never slept that night but kathy thought she selpt al night and has no releculaection of what happened to her ... the other two and i talked about it...told her what happened and she didn't believe us til she got home... she had hand prints on her that bruised her so bad it looked like we beat the hell out of her... the only thing was the hand prints were bigger than all of our hands... like a mans hands

we never did that again or talked about what happend that night.... never touch that bible again either.... by the way when the bible was throwen... it landed and opened to the book of revelsations where the end of the world happens .... freaked me out never did black magic again or anythign like that...

this happened to me and three friends and the thought still scares the heck out of me

About 2 or so yrs ago, my brother lost his whole house and EVERYTHING in it due to a house fire..Faulty water heater sad.gif

The water heater was stored in a lil closet in the hall of his house, on one side of the closet was the bathroom and on the other side was the door into my Neice & nephews bedroom ( 3 and bout 6 months old at that time) they shared a room

THANK GOD it happened during the day and no one was home at the time,lost was all material things that could be replaced.

Was a horrable losss tho..As the days past we were sayin how the "spirits" were lookin out for them all cuz if this did happen at night and the kids were in the bedroom durin the fire there would be NO WAY to of gotten to them to save em..I still shudder at that thought sad.gif

So days pass and my brother asked to borrow my Digi cam to take pix for the Ins. company, the house was in ruins, if it was messed nuff from the fire the fire department did a job on it also, Big holes in the roof an walls.

Its snowed a day b4 my brother got to take these pix, it was a bout 5 days b4 he got to take the pix for the Ins company , he needed the ok from the firemen to enter the house..

sooooo anyhowz...he hands me back my digi and asked to D/L the pix and send them to him threw emails

as im D/Ln the pix my mouth dropped when i came across this pic and got goosebumps all over..

As u can see the Good Spirits WERE looking out for him and his family applaudit.gif

I printed this pic up on glossy paper an framed it for them, kinda of a welcome to ur new home gift, and so they'll never forget how blessed they are yes.gif

http://img208.exs.cx/img208/400/fireangel.jpg

QUOTE (chaotica @ Feb 25 2005, 10:10 PM)
the wierdest thing happened to me and three friends when i was 16... the house that we lived in was haunted by an old man who as a child i called casper never hurt us but was always there... when i was down he would flush the toilet to let me know he was there... sometimes i felt comforted by him and sometimes it just scared the crap out of me anyhow...

How come I never saw Casper??? I lived there too and wanted to see a ghost for my whole life....

Ah well tis not to be thus far - however I have seen my guardian Angel in Human Form perform a small miracle for me.... very personal and inexplicable in every way I have researched. I am Divinely Guided.

QUOTE (Let The Fray Begin @ Feb 25 2005, 10:13 PM)
That must have been scary! I imagine spirits get a little bit restless if their environment is disturbed.....

That's why I'm glad I live in a boring old mobile home tongue.gif No history, nothing ever happens here....

you may think your safe from spirits/ghosts and other pnominon but your wrong... the land you live on can hold them juast as well as a house .... don't you watch silvia brown?

it is a awsume pic!

can u see the angel?? the wing...the arm .. it even looks like theres anuther head of a angel on the lower right of the larger one lookin up at it

crazy to see it in a larger form...this might help,

http://img106.exs.cx/img106/400/fireangel.jpg

QUOTE (chaotica @ Feb 25 2005, 10:37 PM)
QUOTE (Let The Fray Begin @ Feb 25 2005, 10:13 PM)
That must have been scary! I imagine spirits get a little bit restless if their environment is disturbed.....

That's why I'm glad I live in a boring old mobile home tongue.gif No history, nothing ever happens here....

you may think your safe from spirits/ghosts and other pnominon but your wrong... the land you live on can hold them juast as well as a house .... don't you watch silvia brown?

I LOVE HER!!!

Id LOVE to get areadin from her! yes.gif

sundog i don't have an answer for you... and for living in the same house and you didn't see him or hear him it might be because your older or the fact that you love to play the tricks on other people....

i have so many stories about when i worked at the hospital ... security... midnights

i'll tell you i ran all out for some of my patrols especially where the hospital used to be an asillum( where people with mental problems and where you go if your sent there by the courts )

one lady killed herself by hanging herself and is very angry... she would pound on the wall as you wlaked by and if you looked into the reflection of the doorwindow without looking right at it you could see her...

she even shut the door and wouldn't let me through.... that was the last time i went down there... day or night.... figured if someone was down there and they weren't soppossed to be there they wouldn't be there for long...

i've had and out of body experiece when i was 17 and these things happen... most people don't believe you when you tell them

Archived