Matt Stone, Trey Parker, and Rush

The Owl

Yes It's true, the creators of South Park, and Team America world police. Are huge fans, and friends of Rush. This is evident with the fact the new song "Malignant Narcissism" takes it's name from a line within Team America. "Usually a case of Malignant Narcissism brought on during childhood". This line is even in the song if you listen closly.

We have seen Rush references within Matt and Treys work as well. For the soundtrack for South Park Bigger Longer and Uncut. Geddy Lee and Alex Lifeson add their expertise to the album, in thier rendition of "O Canada". As well as a line in Orgazmo where Matt Stone's character is about to snap a photograph and asks the photographees to say "Geddy Lee" in which Trey Parker's character asks "Who's Geddy Lee" and Matt responds "Geddy Lee, the best bass player ever. come on"

QUOTE (The Owl @ May 3 2007, 09:31 PM)
Yes It's true, the creators of South Park, and Team America world police. Are huge fans, and friends of Rush. This is evident with the fact the new song "Malignant Narcissism" takes it's name from a line within Team America. "Usually a case of Malignant Narcissism brought on during childhood". This line is even in the song if you listen closly.

We have seen Rush references within Matt and Treys work as well. For the soundtrack for South Park Bigger Longer and Uncut. Geddy Lee and Alex Lifeson add their expertise to the album, in thier rendition of "O Canada". As well as a line in Orgazmo where Matt Stone's character is about to snap a photograph and asks the photographees to say "Geddy Lee" in which Trey Parker's character asks "Who's Geddy Lee" and Matt responds "Geddy Lee, the best bass player ever. come on"

Nice call, I was wondering what was being said there...

It's ironic that the South Park movie spent most of the time bashing Canadians. All in good fun though. I'm sure the boys find it funny, if they saw it. But that's got to be one of the dirtiest movies ive ever seen, so not sure if their into that sort of toilet humor or not.

LOL terrence and Phillip,

I always thought there was a connection between them, dunno why though.

Theres definitely 2 cases of Rush on Family Guy though, a road sign said 2112miles to Rhode island and of course the Neil Peart cheetah scene.

Amazing my 2 favourite shows have a connection 2 my favourite band, it's like destiny.

Does Neil Peart belive in destiny? Probably not.

South Park is a great show when it isn't preachy about bullshit.

QUOTE (mortkort @ May 4 2007, 07:32 AM)
QUOTE (Storm Shadow @ May 4 2007, 11:02 AM)
I think Neil mentioned that he jogs with Matt in one of his website updates.

really? cool.

It was cool reading how Neil meet with Matt, during Ghost Rider

QUOTE (PhilCastro @ Jul 19 2008, 03:36 PM)
Im still waiting for Rush to be in an Episode of South Park biggrin.gif

Its gotta happen sooner or later laugh.gif

I can totally see them as cartoons of themselves! With the construction-paper bodies and the photos of their heads stuck to the necks! rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

QUOTE (Marathonist @ Jul 19 2008, 03:38 PM)

I can totally see them as cartoons of themselves! With the construction-paper bodies and the photos of their heads stuck to the necks! rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

Of course they're Canadian. So they'd have the Flapping Heads as well.

QUOTE (Finbar @ May 4 2007, 07:15 AM)
South Park is a great show when it isn't preachy about bullshit.

Yeah I agree, I love the show, its one of my favorites, but when they get into their preachy mode and veer away from the regular-everyday stuff with the boys and goes downhill.

And speaking of Rush and South Park, I was trying to remember which song it was where Rush put in clips from the South Park 'Guitar Hero' episode? (I heard them do it a bunch of times during this tour)

Its the line where Stan's Dad sees the kids playing Guitar Hero and brings out his own real guitar to play for the kids. He says "I can actually play some of those songs on a REAL guitar." And Stan replies "Real guitars are for OLD people."

Can anyone help me out? I cant remember and its been driving me nuts.

QUOTE (VampireBiscuits @ Jul 19 2008, 09:35 PM)
And speaking of Rush and South Park, I was trying to remember which song it was where Rush put in clips from the South Park 'Guitar Hero' episode? (I heard them do it a bunch of times during this tour)
Its the line where Stan's Dad sees the kids playing Guitar Hero and brings out his own real guitar to play for the kids. He says "I can actually play some of those songs on a REAL guitar." And Stan replies "Real guitars are for OLD people."

The trees biggrin.gif

QUOTE (The Owl @ Jul 19 2008, 08:20 PM)
QUOTE (Marathonist @ Jul 19 2008, 03:38 PM)

Of course they're Canadian. So they'd have the Flapping Heads as well.

That would be awesome. rofl3.gif

QUOTE (PhilCastro @ Jul 19 2008, 06:41 PM)

The trees biggrin.gif

Oh thats right! Thanks so much, I can sleep tonight now haha. wink.gif

QUOTE (VampireBiscuits @ Jul 19 2008, 09:49 PM)
QUOTE (PhilCastro @ Jul 19 2008, 06:41 PM)

The trees biggrin.gif

Oh thats right! Thanks so much, I can sleep tonight now haha. wink.gif

laugh.gif laugh.gif trink39.gif

QUOTE (PhilCastro @ Jul 19 2008, 04:36 PM)

if Korn can be in a South Park ep, why not 2.gif come on!!

Archived