19 - Best Song From Snakes & Arrows

RushRevisited

What do you think is the best song from this album?  

949 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think is the best song from this album?

• Far Cry
    • Armor and Sword
    • Workin' Them Angels
    • Larger Bowl
    • Spindrift
    • Main Monkey Business
    • Way the Wind Blows
    • Hope
    • Faithless
    • Bravest Face
    • Good News First
    • Malignant Narcissism
    • We Hold On

bekloppt.gif Hi, Newbie here!

Hard to choose a firm fave as i like them all but i think Armour and Sword is just out in front for me. I think what clinched it were the lyrics ' no-one gets to their heaven without a fight'... really struck me right in the heart. Next fave of mine is Where the wind Blows.

Rosie cool.gif

Now this was probably the hardest choice of all Rush albums up to now, although I took 4 1/2 months time to decide.

The "least favorite" choice would be much easier - "Faithless" is Rush hitting a bottom of "Carve Away The Stone" or "Bravado" depths (or shallows?)

The rest though, is so balanced and good ... so I'll stick to my first favourite, which is MALIGNANT NARCISSISM ... because of the title ... and of Geddy ...

Armor And Sword is easily the best song on the album. One of the best songs they've ever written.

And it has such a classic Rush ending to it, progressing to that final E minor guitar chord with the same mystical effect as the ending of Armageddon/beginning of Cygnus in Cygnus X-1 Book II (the 12:00 mark) Well, at least it had that affect on me anyways.

Edited by Deadwing

It's the first album (ha! that's how old I am) where I know ALL the songs... but like someone else said, everyday, a different song calls me. My all time favorite (ranking up there with Limelight and Madrigal) is Faithless. Today I found myself singing "Armor and Sword" at work, out of nowhere... they're already embedded into my subconscious!

2.gif forever!

Dana