Dropkick Murphys

D-13

Heard their tune on 'The Departed'. Liked it, got the album. They toured here last month, went and checked 'em out. Loved the show, it was such a good, fun gig. Don't think they'd ever become one of my favourite bands (I'm far more into Metal and Prog than Celtic punk!), but they're definitely a great band, and worthy of much respect...

Yip, a canny band. Any band that marries bagpipes with crashing guitars deserves to be seen.

I've managed to catch them a few times now, and the first gig was the most memorable - bagpipes and a dancing little fellow. Grand stuff.

The last time I caught them they were playing second fiddle to Less Than Jake, or perhaps Less Than Quite Shite. Why they weren't headlining is beyond my understanding. On the night I think the Dropkicks tried too hard to win over the guys with stupid shorts instead of sticking to their sound.

• Like 2

Love their work. their version of The Auld Triangle is awesome, all of their folk song covers are awesome. Tessie is also a great song, anyone who writes a song for the Red Sox, telling them if you listen to this song you'll win the series deserves some props (although I am also a Cardinals fan.)

Check out Flogging Molly as well, if you like DKM.