S&A Tattoo Idea

RobK71

I've been contemplating a Rush-related tattoo for a while now such as the starman, the P/G, the T4E statue but have always had some uncertainty about them. What do you guys think of the S&A inlay tray card idea of the circular snake with the red squiggley arrow inside of it?

Any thoughts?

QUOTE (RobK71 @ Apr 28 2007, 08:18 PM)
I've been contemplating a Rush-related tattoo for a while now such as the starman, the P/G, the T4E statue but have always had some uncertainty about them.  What do you guys think of the S&A inlay tray card idea of the circular snake with the red squiggley arrow inside of it? 
Any thoughts?

I decided to get one of this exact image a week ago. Like you, I've been considering a Rush tattoo for years.

The 2112 star-man is OK, but it's a little boring. Same goes for getting a Rush logo. Moving Pictures doesn't have anything symbolic that works as a tattoo. P/G is very well-suited for this, and if I liked that album more I definitely woulda gotten one a long time ago. PoW is my favorite, but none of its artwork works as a tattoo. HYF, Presto, and RTB all have some cool graphics, but they're all mediocre albums. The CP circles and triangle pattern are very cool, and I like that album a lot (it was a big comeback, IMO). But I don't think of it highly enough to get a tattoo from it. I contemplated the T4E statue, but that album ranks in the middle for me. VT is awesome, but I still don't like it quite enough to get a tattoo (the meteor didn't jump out at me anyway).

But when I first read Peart's "Game of Snakes and Arrows" essay, I was immediately blown away by the watermark of the circular snake around the red arrow. I like its symbolism and simple design. I figured that if I liked the new album enough, I'd get that tattoo. After a few days of listening, I was convinced.

Here's a decent quality version to bring to the tattoo shop:

http://deslock.smugmug.com/photos/147937697-O.jpg

Also, here's the CP symbol (which I'm posting simply because I like it):

http://deslock.smugmug.com/photos/147937922-S-1.jpg

QUOTE (deslock @ Apr 29 2007, 03:45 PM)
I've been contemplating a Rush-related tattoo for a while now such as the starman, the P/G, the T4E statue but have always had some uncertainty about them.  What do you guys think of the S&A inlay tray card idea of the circular snake with the red squiggley arrow inside of it? 
Any thoughts?

I decided to get one of this exact image a week ago. Like you, I've been considering a Rush tattoo for years.

The 2112 star-man is OK, but it's a little boring. Same goes for getting a Rush logo. Moving Pictures doesn't have anything symbolic that works as a tattoo. P/G is very well-suited for this, and if I liked that album more I definitely woulda gotten one a long time ago. PoW is my favorite, but none of its artwork works as a tattoo. HYF, Presto, and RTB all have some cool graphics, but they're all mediocre albums. The CP circles and triangle pattern are very cool, and I like that album a lot (it was a big comeback, IMO). But I don't think of it highly enough to get a tattoo from it. I contemplated the T4E statue, but that album ranks in the middle for me. VT is awesome, but I still don't like it quite enough to get a tattoo (the meteor didn't jump out at me anyway).

But when I first read Peart's "Game of Snakes and Arrows" essay, I was immediately blown away by the watermark of the circular snake around the red arrow. I like its symbolism and simple design. I figured that if I liked the new album enough, I'd get that tattoo. After a few days of listening, I was convinced.

Thanks for the image. It is definately going with me to the tattoo shop. As for where to put it... I'm trying to deciding that exact question. I've got tattoos on both of the upper part of my arms. I might put a series of liitle things around the one on the left side. It all depends on what my tattoo guy says. It might not look that great in small form. If that won't work I might put it somewhere on one of my legs.

Edited by RobK71

QUOTE (RobK71 @ Apr 29 2007, 04:17 PM)
QUOTE (deslock @ Apr 29 2007, 03:45 PM)
Any thoughts?

Thanks for the image. It is definately going with me to the tattoo shop. As for where to put it... I'm trying to deciding that exact question. I've got tattoos on both of the upper part of my arms. I might put a series of liitle things around the one on the left side. It all depends on what my tattoo guy says. It might not look that great in small form. If that won't work I might put it somewhere on one of my legs.

Go for broke: get it across your whole back. THAT would be ballsy.

I got the tattoo tonight (seems fitting since the album comes out tomorrow). I went with the back of my left calf.

It looks quite cool, though there are some blood spots. When it heals, I'll post a photo.

QUOTE (deslock @ Apr 29 2007, 12:45 PM)
Any thoughts?

I love the snake and arrow one. I have been seriously considering a tat, and I am thinking of this one!!! 1022.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ Apr 29 2007, 09:38 PM)
QUOTE (priest_of_syrinx @ Apr 29 2007, 08:58 PM)
The problem with a tattoo is that you have to grow old with it. unsure.gif

Unless you die young...

1022.gif

QUOTE (Alsgalpal @ Apr 30 2007, 11:07 PM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Apr 29 2007, 09:38 PM)
QUOTE (priest_of_syrinx @ Apr 29 2007, 08:58 PM)
The problem with a tattoo is that you have to grow old with it. unsure.gif

Unless you die young...

1022.gif

Yeah I was thinking both Black Sabbath and Opeth...

Devil cracked the earthly shell

Foretold she was the one

Blew hope into the room and said:

"You have to live before you die young"

1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif

QUOTE (deslock @ Apr 30 2007, 10:51 PM)
I got the tattoo tonight (seems fitting since the album comes out tomorrow). I went with the back of my left calf.

It looks quite cool, though there are some blood spots. When it heals, I'll post a photo.

Sweet..... cool.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ May 1 2007, 06:00 PM)
QUOTE (Alsgalpal @ May 1 2007, 08:58 PM)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v432/spiritcreekmountain/ink.jpg

Is that your new Tat lass???

ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif

1022.gif

Yeah, look at my other thread in random samples.

QUOTE (Alsgalpal @ May 1 2007, 08:58 PM)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v432/spiritcreekmountain/ink.jpg

Nice! Did you get it Apr 30 or May 1? If Apr 30, what time? Yeah, I'm retarded, but I gotta know if you got yours before I got mine tongue.gif

http://deslock.smugmug.com/photos/150888364-L-1.jpg

(I'm a bleeder and it hasn't healed yet... the red blotches in the snake are from bruising)