Your next Concerts?

Phoenix

Testament with Exodus and Death Angel in May. Metallica is also playing Highmark stadium here in August for some strange reason. It's one of only two US shows they're doing this year. The field is general admission so I will probably just get that.

Nothing too crazy with my concert schedule. I don't live out of a van like super smasher does, so I can't get to every show in the state lol.

• Like 1

Testament with Exodus and Death Angel in May. Metallica is also playing Highmark stadium here in August for some strange reason. It's one of only two US shows they're doing this year. The field is general admission so I will probably just get that.

Nothing too crazy with my concert schedule. I don't live out of a van like super smasher does, so I can't get to every show in the state lol.

Hahaha! I do go all over the state. A lot of the shows I go to are at smaller venues, and tickets usually pretty cheap

I’m thinking about seeing the Black Crowes this summer.

I totally overlooked a date in Windsor, Ontario, July 5th. Definitely the closest they’re playing to me, it’s like three and a half hours. Second row. Sold!

So…I decided to upgrade to front row, VIP, going to meet them, and get a signed Epiphone guitar…among other swag. But getting to meet them, and thank them, and be front and be front row for the gig- that’s the stuff, right there.

• Like 4

I totally overlooked a date in Windsor, Ontario, July 5th. Definitely the closest they’re playing to me, it’s like three and a half hours. Second row. Sold!

So…I decided to upgrade to front row, VIP, going to meet them, and get a signed Epiphone guitar…among other swag. But getting to meet them, and thank them, and be front and be front row for the gig- that’s the stuff, right there.

Hey, that's pretty cool! Will thus be your first time meeting them?
  • Like 1

Hey, that's pretty cool! Will this be your first time meeting them?

This will be my first time meeting Chris and Rich, yes. Actually the very last time I saw them before this was in 2009, and I met Sven Pipien (bass), Luther Dickinson (guitar) and Adam MacDougall (keys) after the show. But not the brothers. And yeah, I’ve never done anything like this.

This will also be exactly my 50th time seeing them play live. My first was in August of 1992.

• Like 2

This will be my first time meeting Chris and Rich, yes. Actually the very last time I saw them before this was in 2009, and I met Sven Pipien (bass), Luther Dickinson (guitar) and Adam MacDougall (keys) after the show. But not the brothers. And yeah, I’ve never done anything like this.

This will also be exactly my 50th time seeing them play live. My first was in August of 1992.

That's incredible! I've met some smaller musicians over the years, but never anyone as big as them. And the most times I've seen a single band is seven.

That's incredible! I've met some smaller musicians over the years, but never anyone as big as them. And the most times I've seen a single band is seven. And I'm glad that Sven is back with them. I also really liked their new guitarist. Edited by Super25Smasher
  • Like 1

I'm very tempted to buy those field tickets. Maybe I'll catch you at yet another GA arena show!

My wife surprised me for Christmas with tickets to see Roger Waters! So far, my tickets in-hand for 2022 (all Orlando, FL shows);

1.) Tool (they were the last band I saw pre-covid in Feb 2020; up until I saw King Crimson 3 times, Primus and Jason Bonham in 2021.)

2.) Steve Hackett - I bought tickets for this in November 2019! Postponed twice and, ironically, I ended up taking lessons with his drummer (Craig Blundell) throughout the pandemic. Looking forward to seeing him in person!

3.) The Pineapple Thief - one week after Craig, I get Gavin Harrison!

4.) Roger Waters - my surprise Xmas gift

5.) Red Hot Chili Peppers - this is probably the one band that my whole family can agree on - and so, we all go!

3 updates to my 2022 concert plans:

Paul McCartney - May 28 Orlando

The Aristocrats - July 21 Orlando

Porcupine Tree - September 30 Los Angeles

Edited by cygnify
  • Like 2

I'm seeing Dropkick Murphys with The Bombpops, The Rumjacks, and Jesse Ahern tonight.

Celebrating St. Paddy's a wee bit early, eh? lol

• Like 1

I'm seeing Dropkick Murphys with The Bombpops, The Rumjacks, and Jesse Ahern tonight.

Celebrating St. Paddy's a wee bit early, eh? lol

Yup haha. They usually play Boston on St. Paddy's Day.
  • Like 2

Back-to-back shows next month.

Phish April 22 at MSG ( postponed from NYE )

Electric Hot Tuna April 23 at Carnegie Hall

I would love to see either one of those. Or, you know, both.

I have a quick Hot Tuna story. I never have seen them live, so this is not about a show that I saw. But…back in the days when people traded live music back and forth, on blank audio CD’s- I had a list posted at a site that I was pretty active on, and I was talking to this guy who had shown some interest in some things, and one of them was a Hot Tuna show. It happened to be the only HT show on my list, and he had attended it- at Commack Arena on Long Island, September 11th, 1976. And it is a scorcher of a show; it’s four discs long, and they are chock full, I mean it is close to a five-hour performance. And the sound quality is incredible.

This guy was asking me about all of that, and he couldn’t believe that I had this show, and that I said it sounded so good. Needless to say, he was interested in it…at the time of that conversation, though, he was leaving in three days to go to London to see Cream at the RAH (this was in 2005). But he really, really wanted it.

So…I got his mailing address, burned the discs that night, and sent it to him by guaranteed overnight delivery. He had it in his possession the day before he flew out.

I don’t think I ever heard from him again after that; we never properly ‘traded’ anything. But I was just stoked to be able to do that for him.

Now I’m sitting here wondering if you might have been at that Tuna show too, custom!

• Like 2

I was hoping to see They Might Be Giants in May but they pushed back their show an entire year so that’s great. Judas Priest came by just last week but I missed my chance to see them again. In the Summer I’m hoping to see Def Leppard on their stadium tour. The one show I was pretty interested in was the Foo Fighters doing a live taping for ACL. But now with Taylor gone the entire fate of the band is in question. I really don’t see how they move forward from this.
  • Like 1

I was hoping to see They Might Be Giants in May but they pushed back their show an entire year so that’s great. Judas Priest came by just last week but I missed my chance to see them again. In the Summer I’m hoping to see Def Leppard on their stadium tour. The one show I was pretty interested in was the Foo Fighters doing a live taping for ACL. But now with Taylor gone the entire fate of the band is in question. I really don’t see how they move forward from this.

I couldn't see Dave disbanding the Foos. I could definitely see a long-ish hiatus. He's said before that when Kurt died all those years ago, he stopped listening to music. But Dave is such a passionate and creative soul, and always working on something, I don't think he'll find that drive to keep making music will be gone forever. As time eventually begins to dull the sharpness of the grief and the pain, I imagine Dave will want to play and write again, and he'll probably call up the rest of the band and ask them if they feel the same.

What they decide to do at that point could be anything. But I just personally don't think this is the end of their story.

• Like 1

I couldn't see Dave disbanding the Foos. I could definitely see a long-ish hiatus. He's said before that when Kurt died all those years ago, he stopped listening to music. But Dave is such a passionate and creative soul, and always working on something, I don't think he'll find that drive to keep making music will be gone forever. As time eventually begins to dull the sharpness of the grief and the pain, I imagine Dave will want to play and write again, and he'll probably call up the rest of the band and ask them if they feel the same.

What they decide to do at that point could be anything. But I just personally don't think this is the end of their story.

I don’t think Dave will stop making music but I honestly don’t know what will happen to the Foo’s.

I don’t think Dave will stop making music but I honestly don’t know what will happen to the Foo’s.

I’m looking at it this way: the Foos are a family. Although one member of the family has heartbreakingly, tragically passed away, it seems unlikely to me to break the bonds of the rest of the family. I imagine they’ll be coming together to support each other at this time. Taylor’s presence is not replaceable, but the Foos have grown and grown with more and more members over the years. I would think, after this tragedy fades into the distance, the family will feel the desire to make music together again. Heck, they’d probably do it if only to as a tribute to Taylor and everything he was and stood for to so many people. A drummer—who would treat the position and the legacy with incredible respect, who would do things their own way as not to seem to be copying or replacing the irreplaceable—could be asked to play with the family. Probably someone who’s already a member of the greater Foos family. Perhaps a drum tech, or a close close friend from another band. Heck, I would doubt it personally, but maybe even William Goldsmith, who was the Foos drummer Dave had a falling out with before Taylor joined. The point is… I don’t think this is the end of the Foo Fighters. Not like it was for Zeppelin when Bonham passed away. And even Zeppelin did do a reunion or two years later. It may look more like it did for The Who when Moon passed away.

But of course, I am a biased and sad fan speculating on a future I doubt is even on the band’s minds at this point. Anything could happen, I just hope whatever comes next will be therapeutic for all after this horrible horrible loss.

• Like 2

Tonight, I'm seeing Polaris, Like Moths To Flames, Alpha Wolf, Invent Animate, and Destroy//Create (the local opener) in Rochester, NY, at Montage Music Hall. This will be the heaviest show I've been to in a while.

Here's what I have after that:

4/16: Prince Daddy And The Hyena, Macseal, Insignificant Other, California Cousins - Empire Live, Albany, NY

4/29: Wage War, While She Sleeps, Gideon, Chamber - Empire Live, Albany

5/4: Knocked Loose, Movements, Kublai Khan TX, Koyo - Empire Live, Albany, NY

5/10: Dance Gavin Dance, Memphis May Fire, Volumes, Moon Tooth - Empire Live, Albany

6/14: Motion City Soundtrack, All Get Out - Town Ballroom, Buffalo, NY

Edited by Super25Smasher
  • Like 1

Tonight, I'm seeing Polaris, Like Moths To Flames, Alpha Wolf, Invent Animate, and Destroy//Create (the local opener) in Rochester, NY, at Montage Music Hall. This will be the heaviest show I've been to in a while.

4/16: Prince Daddy And The Hyena, Macseal, Insignificant Other, California Cousins - Empire Live, Albany, NY

5/10: Dance Gavin Dance, Memphis May Fire, Volumes, Moon Tooth - Empire Live, Albany

When you’re 80, you’ll be the only one who can truly claim “I may be old, but I’ve seen all the cool bands.”

• Like 2

When you’re 80, you’ll be the only one who can truly claim “I may be old, but I’ve seen all the cool bands.”

Thank you, I strive for that lol
  • Like 2