Your next Concerts?

Phoenix

Elton John, in October

You're gonna love it. Saw him this past spring!!

I think my next show is gonna be The Who in October.

I'm usually working myself, so I can't go to too many gigs.

Dad and I saw The Who in May. All I can say is they've still got it! :)

What's RD's vox like now?

At times you could hear his age, but not really on the songs you might expect. He can still scream by working himself up to it, and his voice still has its gruff power most of the time. If anything he goes a little slower and more methodically to make sure he hits all the notes he tries for (he doesn't go for all of them, not quite). Some songs that I thought he would struggle with he pulled off as good as the record, and others that seemed easy he sounded like he was straining a bit.

But all in all he's still got it, and he's still a great entertainer! Swinging the microphone all the way around and shaking the tambourines vigorously.

• Like 3

SAGA next Friday! Folks, I'm armed and ready for this club gig!!!

A few years ago they played 25 miles away from me, then a few years later they played 14 miles away, this time, they play in Speyer at the Halle 101, which is 12 miles away. I reckon, next tour they'll announce a gig at my house. :AlienSmiley:

• Like 1

Saw King Crimson last night in L.A.

Holy buckets -- what an amazing performance. Just stellar.

Next show is still The Who in October, followed by Mott The Hoople in November.

That is awesome- it’s good to hear that they are still putting on great performances.

• Like 1

Killer acts lined up for the Iridium in NYC, including Halloween with The Tubes, who will be playing Completion Backward Principle in its entirety. Carl Palmer Legacy Project, and Eddie Palmero's Big Band's The Night of the Living Prog (music of Yes, Pink Floyd, and King Crimson). Sick, wish I could go!

Adam and the Ants doing Friend or Foe and other stuff tonight at the Beacon. I won tix through Live Nation!

Very cool!

Review?

Edited by goose
  • Like 1

Was a really fun show, he’s got tons of energy. Both drummers are great and the two guitarists jump in on big toms on a few songs. We were on our feet the whole time.

Man Called Marco was sublime.

But here is my big complaint: he doesn’t have a trumpet player. And there is trumpet all over Friend or Foe, not to mention his other songs.

• Like 3

Was a really fun show, he’s got tons of energy. Both drummers are great and the two guitarists jump in on big toms on a few songs. We were on our feet the whole time.

Man Called Marco was sublime.

But here is my big complaint: he doesn’t have a trumpet player. And there is trumpet all over Friend or Foe, not to mention his other songs.

Was Marco even there?