Your next Concerts?

Phoenix

Todd Rundgren's The Individualist tour comes to LA in May. I'll get my book signed by Todd before the show at Amoeba Music in Hollywood.

He is supposed to play two different sets with a Q&A in between. The second set will included 'deep tracks' from his catalog.

I'm going next week in the city!

Well I've been a huge Moody Blues fan since I was a kid (thanks Dad!), so that works for me. And I've loved Asia since the 80s and Carl Palmer, well, he's just outstanding, so there you have it!

Not a Yes fan?

Well I've been a huge Moody Blues fan since I was a kid (thanks Dad!), so that works for me. And I've loved Asia since the 80s and Carl Palmer, well, he's just outstanding, so there you have it!

Not a Yes fan?

I like them, not a huge fan though.

Not a Yes fan?

Ha ha. Fair enough. The complaint I hear from most people is the vocals. Come to think of it I sometimes hear that complaint about Rush too though. Yes is actually probably my favorite band(if I had to chose). I've seen them 11 times(way more than any other band(only saw Rush four times although Rush would probably be my number two band if I had to chose). Yes is actually one of the bands to really get me into prog rock. Without them I would probably only have a passing familiarity with the genre especially since I was a teen in the eighties when most prog bands were kind of poppy(ie Genesis)or just doing different things and you didn't really hear much about prog rock unless you were a big fan of those bands. So anyway I got into them more when I discovered their back catalog which also happened with Genesis and Rush(my brother's friend was into them which got me into them). I still see Rush as a sort of cross between LZ(who I got big into just before Yes)and Yes.I really feel that more Rush fans should give Yes a chance(especially the albums and not just the "hits)especially from the Yes album to going for the one and especially if they like the COS to Moving Pictures era of Rush(not as heavy as Rush but still very prog sounding like that period of Rush. Also, the Drama album which probably was the heaviest Yes album at the time(and no Jon Anderson on vocals which might be a plus for some). Ok, end of rant.

Edited by New_World_Man

Not a Yes fan?

Ha ha. Fair enough. The complaint I hear from most people is the vocals. Come to think of it I sometimes hear that complaint about Rush too though. Yes is actually probably my favorite band(if I had to chose). I've seen them 11 times(way more than any other band(only saw Rush four times although Rush would probably be my number two band if I had to chose). Yes is actually one of the bands to really get me into prog rock. Without them I would probably only have a passing familiarity with the genre especially since I was a teen in the eighties when most prog bands were kind of poppy(ie Genesis)or just doing different things and you didn't really hear much about prog rock unless you were a big fan of those bands. So anyway I got into them more when I discovered their back catalog which also happened with Genesis and Rush(my brother's friend was into them which got me into them). I still see Rush as a sort of cross between LZ(who I got big into just before Yes)and Yes.I really feel that more Rush fans should give Yes a chance(especially the albums and not just the "hits)especially from the Yes album to going for the one and especially if they like the COS to Moving Pictures era of Rush(not as heavy as Rush but still very prog sounding like that period of Rush. Also, the Drama album which probably was the heaviest Yes album at the time(and no Jon Anderson on vocals which might be a plus for some). Ok, end of rant.

So did you see Geddy play with Yes at the RRHOF in 2017 ? He and Alex did their nomination too...that was a great performance.

• Like 1

Looking into the Santana tour, will be here in July. He's also playing a bunch of sets in Vegas at House of Blues (May then Sept/ 1 in Oct and a bunch in Nov) Trying to get my hubby to buy the tix for my birthday :coy: :D
  • Like 1

Not a Yes fan?

So did you see Geddy play with Yes at the RRHOF in 2017 ? He and Alex did their nomination too...that was a great performance.

I did, I got a ticket mainly to see Geddy and Alex, and then also because I love ELO...so it was a win -win night for me. Listening to Geddy play Roundabout....his bass sang to me!!

• Like 1

Finally decided on which King's X gig to catch...

...Gramercy Theater in New York City is the winner!

51509227_575013673013496_391682181937650421_n.jpg?_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-1.cdninstagram.com

I got a ticket for Sayreville.

• Like 4

And in my immediate future, going to see Todd in the city on Tuesday. We're slumming it up in the balcony this time, I don't really need to see him up-close, he's got the worst wardrobe in all of rock and roll.

Not a Yes fan?

Yes stopped being a going concern for me in 2003 and Anderson was still with them then. Before that I'm pretty much into everything they recorded except for Open Your Eyes (which I sold back) and about half of Union, Going For The One and Tormato.

Not a Yes fan?

My aunt tapes it for me so yes I did see it. Cool stuff except for Rick's inappropriate monologue.

It came as no surprise to me that Alex and Geddy were big Yes fans. I knew that already. I thought maybe it would help give Yes a boost they need these days but I doubt many who weren't already Yes fans paid much attention.

Not a Yes fan?

Yes stopped being a going concern for me in 2003 and Anderson was still with them then. Before that I'm pretty much into everything they recorded except for Open Your Eyes (which I sold back) and about half of Union, Going For The One and Tormato.

Well, not everyone likes everything they did. I don't either but the only one I really didn't care for was Open Your Eyes. I could say the same about Rush. There's Rush albums I don't like much also.

Looking at Judas Priest and/or The Who for May. Leaning towards The Who (a bit older, a bit less likely to do another tour), but JP is a bit cheaper, and I'm a bit bigger of a fan. Still...I'd regret not seeing The Who given the chance.

Not a Yes fan?

Well, not everyone likes everything they did. I don't either but the only one I really didn't care for was Open Your Eyes. I could say the same about Rush. There's Rush albums I don't like much also.

There are Rush songs, about 10 or so, that I don't like. May see the Yes/Asia Carl Palmer show, but I'd only be going for Carl at this point but I'll wait until show time. It's not like it will sell out or anything.

Not a Yes fan?

There are Rush songs, about 10 or so, that I don't like. May see the Yes/Asia Carl Palmer show, but I'd only be going for Carl at this point but I'll wait until show time. It's not like it will sell out or anything.

You never know. It depends on the venue they play at.

Dream Theater this Friday in St Petersburg, FL. My son's first DT show. This will be my 4th show.

Super pumped!

• Like 1

Not a Yes fan?

You never know. It depends on the venue they play at.

If I'm going to go it would be at the Garden State Art's Center. I'm fairly confident it's not going to sell out.