Your next Concerts?

Phoenix

Just saw the Steve Howe lineup of Yes at The Majestic in Dallas Sunday night. Howe still has his fastball, but its down to about 89. Alan White can only manage the last couple of songs, but impressed nontheless. Billy Sherman is amazing replacing Squire on bass and vocals. Tempos are down a bit as with RUSH, but excellent performance overall. I counted 7 standing ovations including the entire encore. They played Drama right through and sides 1 and 4 of Tales. Still singing along in my head.
  • Like 1

I got tickets to see Cult of Luna & Julie Christmas perform their Mariner collab album on August 25 at the box office at the Alcest show I saw on Sunday and it looks like I'm tagging along w/my sister to see A Place To Bury Strangers on March 3rd. And I'm not sure yet, but I'd really like to go see Planning For Burial's record release show on the weekend of that Toby Driver show the day after my birthday I intend on going to (still need to buy tickets for that...but I might just buy it at the door IDK yet) Here's my current concert roster.

Confirmed:

Sunn O))) - March 17

Toby Driver - March 21

Katatonia - April 21

Cult of Luna & Julie Christmas - August 25

Possibly:

A Place To Bury Strangers - March 3

Planning For Burial - March 25

King Crimson - Whenever they announce a NYC date...

Edited by PolarizeMe
  • Like 2

Opeth/Gojira/Devin Townsend Project - May 4 Nashville, TN

Morsefest Sept. 1-2 near Nashville

• Like 3

Brit Floyd - March 25th at Taft Theater, Cincinnati and May 19th at Rose Music Center, Dayton

Journey (w/ Asian) - April 4th at Nutter Center, Dayton

Dark Star Jubilee - May 26th-28th in Thornville

Sigur Ros - June 4th at Palace Theatre, Columbus

Sammy Hagar and The Circle - June 5th at Rose Music Center, Dayton

Dead & Company - June 28th at Blossom Music Center, Cleveland

• Like 2

Brit Floyd - March 25th at Taft Theater, Cincinnati and May 19th at Rose Music Center, Dayton

Have you seen brit floyd before? Are they good

It looks like I'm tagging along w/my sister to see A Place To Bury Strangers on March 3rd. And I'm not sure yet, but I'd really like to go see Planning For Burial's record release show on the weekend of that Toby Driver show the day after my birthday I intend on going to (still need to buy tickets for that...but I might just buy it at the door IDK yet) Here's my current concert roster.

Okay so me and my sister didn't end up going to that A Place To Bury Strangers show yesterday...but because I'm going with my sister to see her favorite band Deerhunter in May, I'm taking her to that Toby Driver show on the 21st to celebrate my 23rd birthday and also because I played some of his music to her which she liked. And I decided that I'm gonna go see that Planning For Burial album release show a few days afterwards...

So my concert schedule is pretty much the same as before with the addition of the Deerhunter show and that Planning For Burial show being a definite...

Deerhunter - May 21

VERY good. The shows I'm attending will be my 4th and 5th respectively that I've been to. The last two times I saw them, they did the entirety of Echoes. They also did the complete 4th side of The Wall when I first saw them as an encore. It's not the real Floyd, but I'd be damned if they didn't sound like it! I'm convinced that they could take The Wall and tour it.

• Like 1

VERY good. The shows I'm attending will be my 4th and 5th respectively that I've been to. The last two times I saw them, they did the entirety of Echoes. They also did the complete 4th side of The Wall when I first saw them as an encore. It's not the real Floyd, but I'd be damned if they didn't sound like it! I'm convinced that they could take The Wall and tour it.

Thanks. Ive seen two other floyd tributes . One was great , the other sucked lol

Rock 'n' roll Hall of Fame in Brooklyn in April and then metallica for the first time ever at giants stadium in May!

Thinking about going to see Tim rRipper Owens at a small club here in Jersey at the end of this month .

• Like 2

Nothing yet.. but I will hopefully see Elbow at the Wiltern in November.

I LOVE elbow!!! Starlings?? Luvvvvv
  • Like 1

Thanks. Ive seen two other floyd tributes . One was great , the other sucked lol

Brit Floyd is fantastic. I have seen them 5 times.

The Australain Pink Floyd are not as good.

Edited by Mithrandir
  • Like 1

Brit Floyd is fantastic. I have seen them 5 times.

The Australain Pink Floyd are not as good.

i was unable to attend sadly, as a little short on cash. Next time

I saw pink floyd experimnce last year i think. They were pretty good

Toby Driver - March 21

In a twist of fate, Toby Driver came on a radio program on WKCR in NYC to give an interview about his upcoming album Madonnawhore and his upcoming show on Tuesday at the Roulette in Brooklyn and the radio station was giving a way a pair of free tickets to see that show and considering I haven't bought them yet I took the bait and called up the radio station. Within about 5 minutes of calling them up, and barring Murphy's Law, I'll be seeing that show for free. To say I'm ecstatic would be an understatement. :haz: :haz: :haz:

Edited by PolarizeMe