Your next Concerts?

Phoenix

Well, an interesting opportunity came up today.

I've been taking classes for a few years at the Old Library Studio, which is a nonprofit recording studio for teens. I've become pretty good friends with the guy who runs it. Today he called me up and said that John Mayer is doing a special private performance for us during the soundcheck to his show on September 24 at the Clark County Amphitheater (same place I saw Aerosmith and Rush in 2004), and then giving us complimentary tickets to his show that night. (Us meaning people involved at the studio)

I don't like John Mayer at all. I think he's a fourth-rate Dave Matthews, and I don't even like Dave Matthews. Plus, the show is with Sheryl Crow, whom I saw open for the Rolling Stones a few years ago (not an experience I want to repeat.)

BUT, this would be an excellent review opportunity. I think I'm going to take him up on it.

Edited by PuppetKing2112

The Black Keys - September 27th at Northumbria University, Newcastle. This is the same night that The Cult play at the Academy in Newcastle. Gig - just like buses, nothing for a while then a 2 come together.

South Side Johnny - 21st October, Newcastle Academy

The Answer - 22nd October, Legends, Newcastle

Wishbone Ash - 25th October, Newcastle Academy

Motorheed (sic) - 1st November, City Hall, Newcastle

Rancid - 13th November, Newcastle Academy

UFO - 23rd November, Newcastle Academy. Again another gig the same night is Pat Travers at The Cluny, Newcastle. I'd rather see PT, but my mates want to see UFO, and have bought the ticket for me.

The 'old lady' is whinging, but there seems to be space in the calendar to fit in buying CD's, so I can't understand why she's complaining.

Was given a free ticket to see The Killers on Oct 9th by a friend, so it looks like I will be going to that show after all. Also going to catch the Decemberists at the Warfield on Oct 20th, as they have added a new date that I can actually make. These are the shows I plan on hitting in the next couple of months.

9/23 - Lovefest 2006 - Paul Oakenfold, Massive Attack, many many many djs

9/24 - Folsom Street Fair - The Presets, My Life With The Thrill Kill Kult

9/30 - Download Fest 2006 - Beck, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Muse, The Shins, Rogue Wave, TV On The Radio, Wolfmother, Coheed & Cambria, Kinky, The Like, Sean Hayes, The Mutaytor

10/2 - We Are Scientists, Art Brut, The Spinto Band

10/9 - The Killers

10/10 - Roger Waters

10/13 - Kasabian

10/20 - The Decemberists

11/22 - Mates Of State

QUOTE (Moonraker @ Sep 21 2006, 01:30 PM)
9/30 - Download Fest 2006 - Beck, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Muse, The Shins, Rogue Wave, TV On The Radio, Wolfmother, Coheed & Cambria, Kinky, The Like, Sean Hayes, The Mutaytor

Looks like Wolfmother had to cancel some shows including this one due to the early birth of the bass player's baby.

I would still love to be at this festival. If only I lived on the west coast.

QUOTE (bardan @ Sep 25 2006, 11:53 PM)
QUOTE (Moonraker @ Sep 21 2006, 01:30 PM)
9/30 - Download Fest 2006 - Beck, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Muse, The Shins, Rogue Wave, TV On The Radio, Wolfmother, Coheed & Cambria, Kinky, The Like, Sean  Hayes, The Mutaytor

Looks like Wolfmother had to cancel some shows including this one due to the early birth of the bass player's baby.

I would still love to be at this festival. If only I lived on the west coast.

Ohhh that is too bad, even though thier music is completely derivative of most every 70's band, they do put on a good live show (saw them at BFD last June). They did say they may come back in nov/dec to the bay area though, so maybe I will catch em then.

QUOTE (Red Baby Dragon @ Oct 11 2006, 10:12 AM)
Guns N' Roses is coming to where I live in early November. I'm planning to go, but that's only if the tour doesn't fall apart before then. I won't get my hopes up.

So far, 2006 is nothing like 2002...I would go for it.

November 27th Manchester Apollo Theatre.

Paul Weller 1022.gif

This is my first gig with Mrs Huck. It's a special one for us too wub.gif

Front circle standing tickets so we should be able to get near the front biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Huck @ Oct 12 2006, 04:17 PM)
November 27th Manchester Apollo Theatre.

Paul Weller  1022.gif

This is my first gig with Mrs Huck. It's a special one for us too  wub.gif
Front circle standing tickets so we should be able to get near the front  biggrin.gif

6 weeks today biggrin.gif

common001.gif icon_alienjig.gif common001.gif icon_alienjig.gif common001.gif icon_alienjig.gif