Your next Concerts?

Phoenix

QUOTE (feelingwithyourskin @ Jun 20 2006, 11:26 AM)
nin was friday night and really excellent. much better than i expected. every part of the show fit together well, and was clearly thought out.

echo and the bunnymen next smile.gif

I saw both NIN and Echo and the Bunneymen. Echo was good, saw them back in 85 or 86 and I saw NIN at the first Lollapalooza, NIN sucked. One of the worst bands live I have ever seen (The Melvins and Young Black Teenagers only being worse) . Every since I cant listen to them.

Tix for Rob Zombie and Anthrax are 35 bucks! Looks like I aint going, cost too much to take 6 people.

Allister is coming to town and tix will be much cheaper so looks like my Son and I will go.

QUOTE (pixey @ Jun 22 2006, 08:14 AM)
nin was friday night and really excellent.  much better than i expected.  every part of the show fit together well, and was clearly thought out. 

I saw both NIN and Echo and the Bunneymen. Echo was good, saw them back in 85 or 86 and I saw NIN at the first Lollapalooza, NIN sucked. One of the worst bands live I have ever seen (The Melvins and Young Black Teenagers only being worse) . Every since I cant listen to them.

Tix for Rob Zombie and Anthrax are 35 bucks! Looks like I aint going, cost too much to take 6 people.

Allister is coming to town and tix will be much cheaper so looks like my Son and I will go.

Holy crap Pixey, you must have had an off night. I have seen NIN 6 times in the last year and a half, the most recent being on June 13th, and they have always been explosive live. The show I went to see a couple weeks ago, Trent was bouncing all over the stage, Aaron North stage dove into the crowd and was smashing guitars all over the place. I even got to scream into the microphone when Trent threw it out during Down In It. NIN shows have always been insane experiences for me.

Echo is pretty good too, saw them on June 10th and last November, I love that version of Roadhouse Blues they have been doing.

QUOTE (pixey @ Jun 22 2006, 11:14 AM)
nin was friday night and really excellent.  much better than i expected.  every part of the show fit together well, and was clearly thought out. 

that's a shame that it was so bad. i think trent's been really into his performances since he got off the smack, so you may want to give them another try. i go to a concert roughly every two-three weeks and the nin show was in the top three i've seen this year.

Edited by feelingwithyourskin

I'm going to see Steve Howe tonight.

QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Jun 28 2006, 08:16 PM)
QUOTE (plodder @ Jun 28 2006, 03:46 PM)
I'm going to see Steve Howe tonight.

Wow, lucky b*gger!

Post a review!!!

I was hoping he'd play Ireland..............

Slim pickings for Yesheads of late round these parts

He was great

He appeared with a Yes tribute band called Fragile. (He played Steve Howe)

He came on for the second half. Did a solo spot of acoustic songs The Clap, Mood For A Day, The acoustic part of The Ancient (Awesome) and a new working of To Be Over. Then he stayed with the band a rolled out all the favourites. Starship Trooper, Siberian Khatru, Soon (Gates Of Delirium) and tons more. The ended with Roundabout. My ears are still ringing.

Great night.

Just noticed tickets are goin on

Sale for Aerosmith/Motley Crue

at Jones Beach For Sept.

thinkin Id check em out smile.gif

anyone else interested that lives round here? confused13.gif

QUOTE (furie @ Jun 28 2006, 08:22 PM)
QUOTE (Rushgirl @ Jun 26 2006, 10:49 PM)
+Live+ July 19th, 2nd row, Massey Hall, Toronto!!!!!!!!!!!!! 1022.gif  653.gif

what did you think of the new album?

I am LOVING it!!!!!!!!!!!

O.K. Don't laugh..

Next weekend is Lynyrd Skynyrd with 3Doors Down, and 3 more weeks is Def Lepard with Journey.

I'd love to see the harder shows like some of you guys such as NIN but I have no one to see them with. SUX! cause I LOVE the hard stuff. 1022.gif

Edited by tootsielove

Panic! At The Disco last Thursday night (thinking about seeing them again at the Molson Amphitheater during RC 6). There is something called Edgefest also going on right around RC weekend, might check that out. I'd so be at LIVE at Massey Hall if I wasn't leaving TO on the 17th. Taking the kiddies to see the Counting Crows (with the Goo Goo Dolls) here on August 31st (my b'day).

Hoping to catch the Foo Fighters acoustic show, and the Toad The Wet Sprocket reunion tour thingy in Los Angeles when I'm out there in mid-August (love the Toad!).

*edited to BAM da nu page.

Edited by circumstances1

echo and the bunnymen was incredibly disappointing. doors opened at irving plaza at 8, and we got there at 8:40ish. the guy said the opener would be on at 9:15, and e&tb at 10:15, which seemed normal.

the opening act, boy kill boy, didn't get on stage until 9:35. they weren't bad - a little generic sounding and needed more practice time - but they were on till about 10 and e&tb didn't get on till 11:10, at which point i was really really pissed off and tired, so i just couldn't enjoy it. plus they gave of this "we're so punk we hate our fans" vibe that turned me off.

coming up next: reel big fish and mxpx. woo, dance time common001.gif

The annual Oxegen is on this coming weekend. Over 100 acts on the line-up, so as usual , I've isolated my must sees, and then we'll see what we can fit in around these, timetable permitting

Saturday

The Who

The Strokes

The Futureheads

Gomez

Jenny Lewis

Republic Of Loose

The Spinto Band

Emm Gryner

Sunday

Red Hot Chilli Peppers

Rodrigo Y Gabriela

Clap Your Hands Say Yeah

Pretty Girls Make Graves

The Zutons

Manu Chao

Wolfmother

Leya

Full Line-Up Here

I'm hoping o catch the Arctic Monkeys and at least some of the Kaiser Chiefs and Franz Ferdinand. I also want to see at least some of Maximo Park, We Are Scientists, Delays, Animal Collective and The Magic Numbers, but that'll depend on how fast we can run between 'Different Stages' (OK, just shoot me now!!!!!!!!).

QUOTE (madra sneachta @ Jul 4 2006, 02:30 AM)
The annual Oxegen is on this coming weekend. Over 100 acts on the line-up, so as usual , I've isolated my must sees, and then we'll see what we can fit in around these, timetable permitting

Saturday

The Who
The Strokes
The Futureheads
Gomez
Jenny Lewis
Republic Of Loose
The Spinto Band
Emm Gryner

Sunday

Red Hot Chilli Peppers
Rodrigo Y Gabriela
Clap Your Hands Say Yeah
Pretty Girls Make Graves
The Zutons
Manu Chao
Wolfmother
Leya

Full Line-Up Here

I'm hoping o catch the Arctic Monkeys and at least some of the Kaiser Chiefs and Franz Ferdinand. I also want to see at least some of Maximo Park, We Are Scientists, Delays, Animal Collective and The Magic Numbers, but that'll depend on how fast we can run between 'Different Stages' (OK, just shoot me now!!!!!!!!).

Damn, those Europeans always get the best festivals. I'd definatly check out The Editors, The Futureheads, The Crimea, Maximo Park, The Cribs, Goldfrapp, The Charlatans, White Rose Movement, CUT COPY(!!!) in addition to the ones you just named. That is one incredible lineup for a festival.

QUOTE (Moonraker @ Jul 4 2006, 03:15 PM)
QUOTE (madra sneachta @ Jul 4 2006, 02:30 AM)

Saturday

The Who
The Strokes
The Futureheads
Gomez
Jenny Lewis
Republic Of Loose
The Spinto Band
Emm Gryner

Sunday

Red Hot Chilli Peppers
Rodrigo Y Gabriela
Clap Your Hands Say Yeah
Pretty Girls Make Graves
The Zutons
Manu Chao
Wolfmother
Leya

Full Line-Up Here

Damn, those Europeans always get the best festivals. I'd definatly check out The Editors, The Futureheads, The Crimea, Maximo Park, The Cribs, Goldfrapp, The Charlatans, White Rose Movement, CUT COPY(!!!) in addition to the ones you just named. That is one incredible lineup for a festival.

i am highly envious

i saw cut copy open for franz ferdinand last year and they were excellent. definitely try to see them if you get a chance