Phoenix

On 1/16/2023 at 4:39 PM, custom55 said:

I'm trying for one ticket, somehow.

Presale starts at 10:00 AM local
Offer code: MSEVENTYTWO
Ends January 19, 2023 at 6:00 PM

Spotify code for presale today.

• Like 1

This might be early to say because the concert isn't until July, but last week, for presale, V.I.P., and public tickets went on sale.  Madonna, is going on tour for promoting her 40th+ Anniversary called "the Celebration Tour", and in Vancouver, there is one, which is the first stop.  I've been seeing if tickets would sell out, and prices get cheaper.  I haven't seen her perform in person before.  On the Canadian Ticketmaster website, for a cheaper price, than what a lot of them have been, I bought a verified resale one.  It's a good seat, and not anywhere on the floors.  With Madonna developing a "serious bacterial infection", her 40th+ Anniversary "the Celebration Tour" July date in Vancouver, and the initial North American leg had, and needed to be postponed, and rescheduled.  Now, the Vancouver date is for Feb. 21, 2024.  

Edited by Derek19
  • Like 1

I'm seeing Madonna too, but my very next show is John Lodge doing Days of Future Passed on 3/1 at Sony Hall.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, custom55 said:

PHISH

Se7en nights at MSG July/August.   I'll be at 3-4 shows.

Saw the summer tour dates yesterday.  Guessing I;ll probably be at the two Wilmington shows and the two Philly shows.  Probably not too many as I'm already planning to hit the road with the 3 Boulder and the 3 Sanfran Dead and Co shows.  Pretty sure I won't be heading up to MSG for summer but will probably be there New Years run

• Like 1

3/4: Real Friends, Knuckle Puck, Bearings - Empire Live, Albany, NY

3/18: The Wonder Years, Hot Mulligan, Carly Cosgrove - Empire Live, Albany, NY

5/18: Attack Attack!, Belmont, Traitors, Savage Hands - Empire Live, Albany, NY

Scored three nights out of the seven night run for Phish at MSG.  

On the floor for one show.   It's tough down there but a lot of fun.

I just booked tickets for the 2023 Muddy Roots Festival in Cookeville, TN from September 1-3. A few of the bands announced so far include Amigo the Devil, Murder by Death, and Goddamn Gallows. Slim Cessna's Auto Club usually perform every year so they should be announced eventually.

• Like 1

On 3/5/2023 at 2:38 PM, Union 5-3992 said:

I just booked tickets for the 2023 Muddy Roots Festival in Cookeville, TN from September 1-3. A few of the bands announced so far include Amigo the Devil, Murder by Death, and Goddamn Gallows. Slim Cessna's Auto Club usually perform every year so they should be announced eventually.

I have a friend who loves Amigo the Devil.

On 3/3/2023 at 7:42 PM, Super25Smasher said:

3/4: Real Friends, Knuckle Puck, Bearings - Empire Live, Albany, NY

3/18: The Wonder Years, Hot Mulligan, Carly Cosgrove - Empire Live, Albany, NY

5/18: Attack Attack!, Belmont, Traitors, Savage Hands - Empire Live, Albany, NY

The first show was actually last night. I typed the wrong date. It was an amazing show! I met two of the guys from Knuckle Puck, and they signed my record!

springsteen in Albany next week - I got a second row side stage, should be pretty good!

• Like 2

Orrrrrrr, not, lol. Last two shows postponed because of illness, though no specifics., now ours postponed too, but there’s also a big storm coming in.

so my next is Styx in nJ, usual front row seat, lol.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Laurabw said:

Orrrrrrr, not, lol. Last two shows postponed because of illness, though no specifics., now ours postponed too, but there’s also a big storm coming in.

so my next is Styx in nJ, usual front row seat, lol.

Bruce is having a rough go this tour.  

Wish it was Peter Gabriel...but tickets are just too dear...and as I get older, I feel less drawn to large stadium gigs.  Paying over $200 to sit in the nose bleeds watching most of a show on screens just feels like a "normal" I'm not willing to be part of.  Hate to be the old guy yelling at the cloud...but I think about the $20 not-too-bad seats I would get at Rush shows and I just think we've entered a different time.  It's a shame because there's a change Gabriel might be a great tour. If he ever did a sort of Massey Hall-sized venue tour, I'd be in.

I think I'm also less inclined to spend exorbitant  money on artist who are past their prime.  I think he sounds really great on the new songs, and I will always love his work...but there are a lot of performers out there not at their artistic peak asking for big money because their name is essentially a brand.  As I said, I adore PG, but that whole "legacy" thing rubs me the wrong way.

On 4/4/2023 at 7:45 PM, Union 5-3992 said:

Just booked tickets for Red Hot Chili Peppers in Syracuse on April 14.

My brother is a big fan of them. I'm a moderate fan at best. I find it interesting that they are now playing stadiums when I can think of bands who are more legendary who are playing arenas if not smaller. Oh well. I suppose at this point they are one of those bands where the parents and kids are into them. 

21 hours ago, New_World_Man said:

My brother is a big fan of them. I'm a moderate fan at best. I find it interesting that they are now playing stadiums when I can think of bands who are more legendary who are playing arenas if not smaller. Oh well. I suppose at this point they are one of those bands where the parents and kids are into them. 

If the Eagles can sell out stadiums, it makes sense that these guys do too.

• Like 1