Your next Concerts?

Phoenix

New Model Army. Just seen them 28th October.

Set list - friend managed to nab the original :7up:

Snelsmore Wood - 4/10 Not my fav

Bittersweet! 9/10 love this one

Lust For Power 9/10 another great song

Never Arriving 7/10 off the new album, has a great commercial vibe but doesn't do it for me

Here Comes the War 8/10 Great power driving song.

Believe it. 8/10 Great song

1984 6/10 ok

The Charge 9/10 superb lyrics

Devils Bargain 7/10 ok

Maps 7/10 ok

Where I am 8/10 good song off the new album, though there are better off the new album. Watch And Learn for one.

Angry Planet 8/10 great pulsating force live.

Born Feral 7/10 ok.

Before I get Old 9/10 great lyrics and atmosphere.

Vagabonds 10/10. Crowd went wild and justifiably so. What an amazing song.

The Hunt 8/10 good.

Fate. 10/10 one of my NMA favs. Moving live.

Bodmin 9/10

New Model Army are like Rush in regards to material. Justin actually mentioned they have a catalogue of some 250 songs. They are a great band to see live. The audience do really become part of the performance. Amazing experience.

I have a show - PHEW!

Going to see Beach Boys with John Stamos (be still my heart) at Carnegie Hall. Some kind of holiday show. Dennis Wilson won't be with them unfortunately, I know he's only sort of singing, but still would've been nice (pardon the pun). But still, will be a fun kick off to the Christmas season for me, I'll go see the tree at Rockefeller Plaza first, etc.

(I just realized that reads like I'm going to the concert WITH John Stamos, haha, but I'm going to leave it)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Nothing planned anytime soon.  It's not even about COVID anymore.... the rock music scene here in Charlotte sucks. 

I miss being in NY/NJ where you could pretty much see a different band play every night if you wanted to. With options.

• Like 2

Phish on Wednesday.   I've closed out the last 8 years  ( annual New Year's MSG 4 day run ) with Phish. 

They are soooo good.  I dance my ass off.

New Year

Edited by custom55
  • Like 1

Feb 25, 2023 - Innings Festival (Phoenix, AZ)

Green Day, The Black Crowes, Weezer, The Offspring, The Pretty Reckless, more...

Feb 28, 2023 - Eric Johnson (Flagstaff, AZ) front row tix!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, custom55 said:

Phish on Wednesday.   I've closed out the last 8 years  ( annual New Year's MSG 4 day run ) with Phish. 

New Year

Have a great show.

My Phish buddy got a nice Christmas bonus so I got talked into going up a day early.  So we are going to do Phish on the 29th, Gov't Mule at the Beacon on the 30th (plus going to see Dogs In A Pile for the post Phish show.  Doors at midnight.  Show at 12:30), and then Phish for NYE.

I have never been much of a dancer.  But I am always the annoying air guitar player.  A little difficult for me for Phish as I only know a handful of songs, but when it gets to the wicked guitar solos, I can nail those.

Edited by apetersvt

On 12/26/2022 at 6:06 PM, custom55 said:

New Year

I have a couple of phish head friends, you are certainly a rabid group, LOL. 

• Like 2

On 12/27/2022 at 11:07 AM, launchpad67a said:

Feb 25, 2023 - Innings Festival (Phoenix, AZ)

Green Day, The Black Crowes, Weezer, The Offspring, The Pretty Reckless, more...

Feb 28, 2023 - Eric Johnson (Flagstaff, AZ) front row tix!

That festival lineup is stacked! I've seen Green Day, The Black Crowes, Weezer, and The Offspring. They're all great live.

• Like 2

so I'd been eyeing going to Metallica at Met Life but didn't want to commit to both nights because, I just didn't want to go to both nights, PLUS you have to sell them as both nights, too. But now single nights are going on sale on Monday (for fan club), so I'm going to check that out.

• Like 3

On 1/12/2023 at 2:30 PM, Laurabw said:

so I'd been eyeing going to Metallica at Met Life but didn't want to commit to both nights because, I just didn't want to go to both nights, PLUS you have to sell them as both nights, too. But now single nights are going on sale on Monday (for fan club), so I'm going to check that out.

I'm trying for one ticket, somehow.

• Like 2