Your next Concerts?

Phoenix

I was supposed to see Ringo's All Starr Band this Friday, but it's been postponed to September due to COVID.  So much for my hope that Paul would show up at Ringo's concert since they were in the same general area (last week my hope that Ringo would show up at Paul's was dashed).  :fistscrying:

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Rick N. Backer said:

I was supposed to see Ringo's All Starr Band this Friday, but it's been postponed to September due to COVID.  So much for my hope that Paul would show up at Ringo's concert since they were in the same general area (last week my hope that Ringo would show up at Paul's was dashed).  :fistscrying:

Going to the Mt. Baker BluesFestival last weekend in July. Gonna camp out in the the Ford Explorer with a cooler of bratwurst and chili and hang out for three days. Gonna bring my acoustic bass.

• Like 1

On 7/9/2021 at 1:48 AM, Rhyta said:

Hubby just bought tickets for me, next June. Santana with Earth Wind and Fire :yay: :clap: They were supposed to come this year but it got rescheduled.

Concert coming up on June 28th, rescheduled from last year.  It's going to be a great one if we can keep cool :yes::ohmy:

• Like 3

We head over to Liverpool tomorrow (Sun). Eagles are playing Anfield Stadium on Monday. Should be a great show.

• Like 4

I saw & heard ! 🙃LOL 

Queen with Adam Lambert on Sat 11th June in Birmingham UK.

It was a fantastic show 👍
.. and am next seeing / listening to Guns ‘n’ Roses in London on Friday 1st July 😎

• Like 2

Anthrax with Black Label Society here in Charlotte.

Besides a couple of DT shows, pre-covid this is my first NYC area band show since before i left NYC.

Will be front and center, representing with the L'Amour shirt on. 

• Like 2

Dead and Company tomorrow night in Bristow (Washington DC area).

Wednesday's show was cancelled due to John Mayer's dad having a medical emergency.  So hoping things are well with him. 

Miss the great TRF tailgates we used to have there.  I did text SteelCaressed (hasn't posted in about 10 years) hoping he will join in.

7 hours ago, goose said:

Black Crowes in Reno, July 22

Stoked to be going with three guys I jam with, and hoping we leave inspired!

Have you seen them before?  I saw them waaaaaaaaay back in '92 on the High as the Moon Tour.  I left fairly inspired when I was playing more.  Be good to see your review!

• Like 1

On 7/15/2022 at 4:07 PM, goose said:

I saw them last year with Dirty Honey opening. It was a great show! Getting to hear the whole debut live was awesome.

• Like 2

On 7/15/2022 at 9:07 PM, Steevo said:

Have you seen them before?  I saw them waaaaaaaaay back in '92 on the High as the Moon Tour.  I left fairly inspired when I was playing more.  Be good to see your review!

I saw them open for Tom Petty, which was an amazing show.  Then I saw As The Crowe Flies at a small venue in Portland, and it was killer as well!

• Like 1

On 7/2/2022 at 1:21 AM, grep said:

Anthrax with Black Label Society here in Charlotte.

Besides a couple of DT shows, pre-covid this is my first NYC area band show since before i left NYC.

Will be front and center, representing with the L'Amour shirt on. 

I will be seeing Anthrax and BLS next month.

I will also be seeing Metallica on August 11th. One of only two stadium shows they're doing in the US this year. Who knew Buffalo, NY of all places was worthy of that?

• Like 4

On 7/15/2022 at 4:07 PM, goose said:

I've had to miss the last couple of Crowes shows near me due to travelling for work.  Haven't seen them in years due to their latest hiatus.  But I have seen them over 20 times.  Saw them every chance I could during the Luther Dickenson era.  Curious to see who is in the lead spot now.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, apetersvt said:

I've had to miss the last couple of Crowes shows near me due to travelling for work.  Haven't seen them in years due to their latest hiatus.  But I have seen them over 20 times.  Saw them every chance I could during the Luther Dickenson era.  Curious to see who is in the lead spot 

Isaiah Mitchell is on lead for this tour.

Overall, the Reno show was a bit of a disappointment for me.  I'll say that Chris Robinson was in great form, vocally and with his stage presence.  He really is one of the top front men in rock, and he sounded great, especially on slower stuff like Seeing Things For The First Time, a highlight of the show. 

What brought things down was the sound of everyone else, which was like a loud wall of mud.  The lead guitar was buried, so unless Isaiah was on screen it was hard to know what he was playing.  Also, them playing the whole first album took any element of surprise out of things.

It wasn't a bad show.  It was my buddy's first Crowes concert and he loved it.  It's just I've seen them so much better, the audio and setlist  shortcomings made it hard to fully enjoy.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, goose said:

Isaiah Mitchell is on lead for this tour.

Overall, the Reno show was a bit of a disappointment for me.  I'll say that Chris Robinson was in great form, vocally and with his stage presence.  He really is one of the top front men in rock, and he sounded great, especially on slower stuff like Seeing Things For The First Time, a highlight of the show. 

What brought things down was the sound of everyone else, which was like a loud wall of mud.  The lead guitar was buried, so unless Isaiah was on screen it was hard to know what he was playing.  Also, them playing the whole first album took any element of surprise out of things.

It wasn't a bad show.  It was my buddy's first Crowes concert and he loved it.  It's just I've seen them so much better, the audio and setlist  shortcomings made it hard to fully enjoy.

Thanks for the info regarding Isaiah.  The last couple Crowes shows I saw were with Jackie Greene.  I didn't think he brought magic as Luther and Marc Ford had.  Glad your buddy enjoyed the show.   I did see the live stream of them playing the new EP '72' a few months back from the Whiskey in LA  (link : Crowes - Whiskey)  where they had Charlie Starr (of Blackberry Smoke) in the lead spot.  Was impressed with what he brought. 

3 hours ago, apetersvt said:

Thanks for the info regarding Isaiah.  The last couple Crowes shows I saw were with Jackie Greene.  I didn't think he brought magic as Luther and Marc Ford had.  Glad your buddy enjoyed the show.   I did see the live stream of them playing the new EP '72' a few months back from the Whiskey in LA  (link : Crowes - Whiskey)  where they had Charlie Starr (of Blackberry Smoke) in the lead spot.  Was impressed with what he brought. 

Back in 2018 with As The Crow Flies I was blown away by Marcus King.  

I was going to see Anthrax and Black Label Society. Was really looking forward to seeing a couple of NYC area bands, and my first show in a while. Figured I'd be front and center in my L'Amour shirt.

But COVID is freaking me out.... dude from work died last week - he thought he caught COVID at a small theater in Nashville.

f**k this, I'm out. 

Edited by grep

2 hours ago, grep said:

I was going to see Anthrax and Black Label Society. Was really looking forward to seeing a couple of NYC area bands, and my first show in a while. Figured I'd be front and center in my L'Amour shirt.

But COVID is freaking me out.... dude from work died last week - he thought he caught COVID at a small theater in Nashville.

f**k this, I'm out. 

Here's the thing though, the majority of tours are going as planned currently. Covid is still an issue but nowhere near as bad as it used to be. Finally, if you don't go out and overcome the fear of being in a big crowd, it will be harder for you to do that as time goes on. So, go to the show and get it out of the way. It's really not that bad right now. Most people going to concerts have been fine afterwards 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, J2112YYZ said:

Here's the thing though, the majority of tours are going as planned currently. Covid is still an issue but nowhere near as bad as it used to be. Finally, if you don't go out and overcome the fear of being in a big crowd, it will be harder for you to do that as time goes on. So, go to the show and get it out of the way. It's really not that bad right now. Most people going to concerts have been fine afterwards 

I must say, I've gone to 40+ concerts into the past year, and I've yet to get covid

• Like 1