Your next Concerts?

Phoenix

On 5/22/2022 at 7:06 PM, Chasartymac said:

Of course. That would be great, however, even if he doesn't the show is still destined to be amazing going on past performances.

For what I'd be paying, I'd want to optimize "amazing." Might be more sensible to just wait for the DVD. Still have some time to figure it out.

On 4/12/2022 at 3:45 PM, Super25Smasher said:

Forgot to mention that I'll also be seeing Paul McCartney in Syracuse in June. I'm very excited for that. I've seen him twice, and his shows are incredible.

Getting good reviews from a couple of YT channels I'm subbed to.  Sounds like he's giving it a good go even if the setlist is mostly predictable.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Steevo said:

Getting good reviews from a couple of YT channels I'm subbed to.  Sounds like he's giving it a good go even if the setlist is mostly predictable.

I'm super excited. He's absolutely incredible live. I'm sure I won't be leaving disappointed.

• Like 2

Tim McGraw at Jones Beach on Friday, front row as usual. Most expensive ticket of them all.

• Like 2

Saw Jeff Beck at Sheffield last night. Amazing night. Amazing playing.

The guest appearance from Johnny Depp was a complete and total surprise.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Chicken hawk said:

Not till the end of August...but im going to see Kenny Chesney, Old Dominion, and Carly Pearce at Gillet  Stadium in Foxboro Mass.  

Kenny Chesney is so good!

• Like 1

August is going to be busy:

8/11: Metallica/Greta Van Fleet/Ice Nine Kills, Buffalo, NY

8/14: Outlaw Music Festival (ZZ Top/Willie Nelson and others), Darien Lake, NY

8/16: Backroads Blues Festival (Buddy Guy/ Christone "Kingfish" Ingram/Kenny Wayne Shephard, Lewiston, NY 

I'm expecting 8/16 to be the seventh and final time I see Buddy Guy. He was still pretty good when I saw him last month, but he's 86. At that age, it's anyone's guess how many shows he has left in him.

• Like 2

On 5/31/2022 at 5:07 PM, Union 5-3992 said:

August is going to be busy:

8/11: Metallica/Greta Van Fleet/Ice Nine Kills, Buffalo, NY

8/14: Outlaw Music Festival (ZZ Top/Willie Nelson and others), Darien Lake, NY

8/16: Backroads Blues Festival (Buddy Guy/ Christone "Kingfish" Ingram/Kenny Wayne Shephard, Lewiston, NY 

I'm expecting 8/16 to be the seventh and final time I see Buddy Guy. He was still pretty good when I saw him last month, but he's 86. At that age, it's anyone's guess how many shows he has left in him.

Ice Nine Kills is really good live. I saw them headline in Syracuse back in 2019.

I just saw New Found Glory, Four Year Strong, and Be Well. I'm seeing Paul McCartney on Saturday.

• Like 3

I went to Coldplay last night at Met Life stadium, gametime decision! Really fun show. They handed out those electronic color bracelets.

• Like 1

Midnight Oil on the 19th, their final tour. Only ever saw them on the flatbed truck outside the Exxon building after Valdez in 1990, so this should be epic.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Laurabw said:

Midnight Oil on the 19th, their final tour. Only ever saw them on the flatbed truck outside the Exxon building after Valdez in 1990, so this should be epic.

They are still killer live - really are still at the top of their game.

• Like 2

Well, I added a show in between, lol. Going to see Sir Paul next week at Met life Stadium, feeling like I need to see him one more time! He's going to be 80!

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Laurabw said:

Well, I added a show in between, lol. Going to see Sir Paul next week at Met life Stadium, feeling like I need to see him one more time! He's going to be 80!

Wow, The Oils and Macca live?  You should have a blast! :drink:

• Like 3

On 6/7/2022 at 1:24 PM, Laurabw said:

I saw him last night at Fenway Park.  He was awesome as always.  I had the same rationale; how much longer can he keep doing it?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Rick N. Backer said:

I saw him last night at Fenway Park.  He was awesome as always.  I had the same rationale; how much longer can he keep doing it?

I have a friend who drove up there for the show, too. He had invited me but work interfered (darn work, lol). Anyway, waiting to hear from him how it was.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Rick N. Backer said:

I think it's likely that he'll call it a day soon. This was a pretty short tour. I could see him doing another leg or two to get to some places he's missed, and then retiring.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Super25Smasher said:

I think it's likely that he'll call it a day soon. This was a pretty short tour. I could see him doing another leg or two to get to some places he's missed, and then retiring.

That's why I wanted to make sure I saw him on this tour.  OTOH, I said something similar in 2008.  :smile:

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Laurabw said:

I have a friend who drove up there for the show, too. He had invited me but work interfered (darn work, lol). Anyway, waiting to hear from him how it was.

I suspect for the most part you're going to get the same show.  If you're like me, and avoid reading about setlists before a show, make sure you're at your seat for the first encore.

• Like 1

You know, I usually do not read setlist but I did glance at it. But I didn't go down song by song by song.

And I don't really remember what I saw on now so I'm not going to look at it again!

But once I get to my seat, I do not leave!

• Like 1