Your next Concerts?

Phoenix

Bought tickets to see Baroness in Buffalo on December 5

If the weather is good, I'll catch them the night before in Cleveland too!

Mohawk Place is small. It only fits around 200 people.

Do you know anything about Town Ballroom? I'll be going there for the first time in January.

Do you know anything about Town Ballroom? I'll be going there for the first time in January.

Town Ballroom is quite an intimate place too. But definitely bigger than Mohawk. There's a decent sized pit in front of the stage. If it's a heavy show and you want to avoid the pit, there's an elevated standing section in the back so you can see above the GA floor.

This is a pretty good layout of the place

TownBallroom-4.jpg

I haven't been there since COVID but it looks like they have strict COVID testing/vaccine status rules in place so make sure you're prepared before you go.

Edited by Union 5-3992
  • Like 2

I love the ballroom. I have seen plenty of shows there. I think it can fit something like 1200 people. Great setup, all general admission. There's the main floor level which is the biggest section. Then there are two elevated levels behind it. I think I have seen shows from every vantage point at that venue and there's really no bad spot. As Union said, if you are going to a show where there will be moshing, you probably want to avoid the floor level or at the very least stay at the very back of the floor.

I haven't been there since before covid so I don't know how strict they're being with masks but I do know that they do require proof of vaccination. I'm not sure about testing. I know most venues here in New York state are requiring proof of vaccination for concerts and sporting events.

I can't say enough good things about the venue though. I truly love that place and it's my favorite concert venue in this area.

• Like 1

Town Ballroom is quite an intimate place too. But definitely bigger than Mohawk. There's a decent sized pit in front of the stage. If it's a heavy show and you want to avoid the pit, there's an elevated standing section in the back so you can see above the GA floor.

This is a pretty good layout of the place

TownBallroom-4.jpg

I haven't been there since COVID but it looks like they have strict COVID testing/vaccine status rules in place so make sure you're prepared before you go.

I love the ballroom. I have seen plenty of shows there. I think it can fit something like 1200 people. Great setup, all general admission. There's the main floor level which is the biggest section. Then there are two elevated levels behind it. I think I have seen shows from every vantage point at that venue and there's really no bad spot. As Union said, if you are going to a show where there will be moshing, you probably want to avoid the floor level or at the very least stay at the very back of the floor.

I haven't been there since before covid so I don't know how strict they're being with masks but I do know that they do require proof of vaccination. I'm not sure about testing. I know most venues here in New York state are requiring proof of vaccination for concerts and sporting events.

I can't say enough good things about the venue though. I truly love that place and it's my favorite concert venue in this area.

Thank you both! I'm very excited, and I always love checking out different venues. It's a 2000s pop punk/alt rock band (Motion City Soundtrack), so I don't think there will be too much moshing, but maybe some circle pits.

On Friday, I got tickets to see State Champs' annual holiday show, Frozen Fest, in Albany. It'll be my seventh time seeing State Champs, and my fourth time seeing Young Culture.

So here's my current list:

Silverstein, The Plot In You, Can't Swim - 12/11, Empire Live, Albany, NY

State Champs, Origami Angel, Young Culture, 5ever - 12/18, Empire Live, Albany, NY

Motion City Soundtrack, All Get Out - 1/8, Town Ballroom, Buffalo, NY

Nonpoint, One Step From Falling - 1/12, Lost Horizon, Syracuse, NY

Dropkick Murphys, The Bombpops, The Rumjacks - 3/14, Capital Center, Albany, NY

Mayday Parade, Real Friends, Magnolia Park - 3/25, Starland Ballroom, Sayreville, NJ

Sort of more an "event" than concert, but scored tix to EStreet Radio (Sirius XM Springsteen) radio broadcast from Danny Clinch's gallery next week in Asbury Park. Been wanting to go to his gallery and I love AP, so kind of a no-brainer. They say "special appearances and surprises" which means PERHAPS Bruce could show up, since it is down that way, but it might just mean Santa Claus, lol. At any rate, should be fun, as we all know, it's always fun to be somewhere with a bunch of like-minded fans.

Got Iron Maiden tickets today for next October. I'll be taking my son to his 1st real concert. It's mildly annoying but when I went back later in the afternoon to see what other pre sale tickets were available another section opened up that I could have saved 50 bucks with.
  • Like 1

Got Iron Maiden tickets today for next October. I'll be taking my son to his 1st real concert. It's mildly annoying but when I went back later in the afternoon to see what other pre sale tickets were available another section opened up that I could have saved 50 bucks with.

Yeah the prices seem to be shifting around a lot from day to day, it’s annoying all right

On Friday, I got tickets to see State Champs' annual holiday show, Frozen Fest, in Albany. It'll be my seventh time seeing State Champs, and my fourth time seeing Young Culture.

Silverstein, The Plot In You, Can't Swim - 12/11, Empire Live, Albany, NY

State Champs, Origami Angel, Young Culture, 5ever - 12/18, Empire Live, Albany, NY

Nonpoint, One Step From Falling - 1/12, Lost Horizon, Syracuse, NY

Mayday Parade, Real Friends, Magnolia Park - 3/25, Starland Ballroom, Sayreville, NJ

The Silverstein and State Champs shows were great! And I ended up seeing Grayscale, The WLDLFE, Cemetery Sun, and Young Culture in Rochester on December 3rd. So now, I've seen Young Culture 5 times.

5ever had to drop had to drop off Frozen Fest a few days before after a member tested positive for covid. They were replaced by a female-fronted band from New Jersey called Pollyanna. They were really good, and I got to meet them after the show! Nonpoint also announced the new opening acts for my date, which was postponed due to a trailer accident resulting in damaged instruments a few days before the original date in September.

Nonpoint, Discrepancies, Artifas, One Step From Falling - 1/12, Lost Horizon, Syracuse, NY

Next year !

Samantha Fish

Smoke Fairies

Band Of Horses

Dead Can Dance

Nick Mason

Om

Larkin Poe

All Them Witches

Deep Purple / B.O.C.

So far .

Edited by By Tor
  • Like 1

My wife surprised me for Christmas with tickets to see Roger Waters! So far, my tickets in-hand for 2022 (all Orlando, FL shows);

1.) Tool (they were the last band I saw pre-covid in Feb 2020; up until I saw King Crimson 3 times, Primus and Jason Bonham in 2021.)

2.) Steve Hackett - I bought tickets for this in November 2019! Postponed twice and, ironically, I ended up taking lessons with his drummer (Craig Blundell) throughout the pandemic. Looking forward to seeing him in person!

3.) The Pineapple Thief - one week after Craig, I get Gavin Harrison!

4.) Roger Waters - my surprise Xmas gift

5.) Red Hot Chili Peppers - this is probably the one band that my whole family can agree on - and so, we all go!

I was supposed to see Motion City Soundtrack tonight, but their whole tour was delayed after members of their touring party got covid. I'm not sure when it will be rescheduled for.

Motion City Soundtrack, All Get Out - Date TBD, Town Ballroom, Buffalo, NY

Nonpoint, Discrepancies, Artifas, One Step From Falling - 1/12, Lost Horizon, Syracuse, NY

I was supposed to see Motion City Soundtrack tonight, but their whole tour was delayed after members of their touring party got covid. I'm not sure when it will be rescheduled for.

You seem to be going to a lot of shows. How do you feel about the way venues are handling things because of covid? Have you gotten it or had any close calls?

You seem to be going to a lot of shows. How do you feel about the way venues are handling things because of covid? Have you gotten it or had any close calls?

I had it back in December 2020. I haven't gotten it again since, nor I have been exposed at a concert to my knowledge. Some venues (and some artists) have pretty strict guidelines, others have less, and some have none. The show I went to with the strictest measures required vaccine proof and masks for all attendees. Another just required proof of vaccination, and a few just required masks. Overall, I haven't had any problems yet. I have had a couple shows which featured lineup changes, and two were rescheduled. Edited by Super25Smasher
  • Like 1

I'm planning on seeing Blue Oyster Cult in Albany in March.

I got my ticket.

My current list:

Blue Oyster Cult - 3/4, The Egg, Albany, NY

Dropkick Murphys, The Bombpops, The Rumjacks, Jesse Ahern - 3/14, Capital Center, Albany, NY

Motion City Soundtrack, All Get Out - 6/14, Town Ballroom, Buffalo, NY

My brother also surprised me with some tickets for Christmas and my birthday!

My current list:

Blue Oyster Cult - 3/4, The Egg, Albany, NY

Dropkick Murphys, The Bombpops, The Rumjacks, Jesse Ahern - 3/14, Capital Center, Albany, NY

Wage War, While She Sleeps, Gideon, Chamber - 4/28, Empire Live, Albany, NY

Knocked Loose, Movements, Kublai Khan, Koyo - 5/3, Empire Live, Albany, NY

Motion City Soundtrack, All Get Out - 6/14, Town Ballroom, Buffalo, NY

Contemplating Eddie Vedder and The Earthlings on Sunday night at NJPAC. I really like the new songs I've heard.
  • Like 1