Phoenix

I have quite an agenda coming up in Toronto:

June 21st - Fates Warning

July 14th - Ricky Gervais

August 12th - Greg Howe

August 18th - The Jelly Jam

August 24th - Haken

September 02nd - Deep Purple + Alice Cooper

I´m still debating whether to go see Annihilator and Muse in the upcoming months...my wallet is screaming!!!

Updated list:

August 12th - Greg Howe

August 24th - Haken

September 22nd - Megadeth and Scorpions.

I passed on Annihilator and Muse.

• Like 1

I actually won tix through Live Nation to see Maiden again last night in Newark, never saw them before Sunday and now I've seen them twice for free! It was fun. Next up is the John Wetton Asia concert in NJ.

That's awesome.

My friends went Wednesday too. They said it was a good show...a lot from the new album.

• Like 1

August 12th - Greg Howe

August 24th - Haken

I´m still debating whether to go see Annihilator and Muse in the upcoming months...my wallet is screaming!!!

Updated list:

August 12th - Greg Howe

August 24th - Haken

I need to figure out what to do about Greg Howe. Stu Hamm (who I've seen a bunch of times) is playing bass for him this time. Too many really cool shows this summer. Have to prioritize.....

• Like 1

August 12th - Greg Howe

August 24th - Haken

Updated list:

August 12th - Greg Howe

August 24th - Haken

I need to figure out what to do about Greg Howe. Stu Hamm (who I've seen a bunch of times) is playing bass for him this time. Too many really cool shows this summer. Have to prioritize.....

I know... I just moved here, and there's so much to see!!!

If you decide to see Greg and want to meet, let me know - so far I've only met one TRFer, back in Rio.

• Like 1

I actually won tix through Live Nation to see Maiden again last night in Newark, never saw them before Sunday and now I've seen them twice for free! It was fun. Next up is the John Wetton Asia concert in NJ.

That's awesome.

My friends went Wednesday too. They said it was a good show...a lot from the new album.

yes, it's a lot of songs from The Book of Souls. Which is fine with me, I like it!

• Like 1

U2 in a little over a week. I'm taking my brother for his fiftieth birthday(he just turned the big five oh). Neither of us have seen them before but we both have liked them since the eighties. Edited by New_World_Man

Tedeschi Trucks Band- July 22nd

Magpie Salute- August 22nd

Thinking about Joe Bonamassa, August 16th. I might. I've never seen him before.

• Like 1

August 12th - Greg Howe

August 24th - Haken

Updated list:

August 12th - Greg Howe

August 24th - Haken

I know... I just moved here, and there's so much to see!!!

If you decide to see Greg and want to meet, let me know - so far I've only met one TRFer, back in Rio.

I keep that in mind next time I'm in TO. I'm in the US.

I saw Adrian Belew a few weeks ago, Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds last Saturday and TOOL on Wednesday (my face fully melted off from this one!)... next comes King Crimson, King Crimson and King Crimson... Oakland, Denver and Toronto at Massey Hall. This is going to be a really good summer concert run for me!

Rock ON!

• Like 3

Tribute to John Wetten with Asia including Carl Palmer on Saturday night. So excited to see Carl Palmer play .
  • Like 3

August 12th - Greg Howe

August 24th - Haken

Updated list:

August 12th - Greg Howe

August 24th - Haken

I saw jelly jam last summer and then Kings X as well .

• Like 2

Tribute to John Wetten with Asia including Carl Palmer on Saturday night. So excited to see Carl Palmer play .

Carl (and his band) are awesome. Seen them about a dozen times Enjoy! Best set in years too.

• Like 1

Carl (and his band) are awesome. Seen them about a dozen times Enjoy! Best set in years too.

It was great. He's quite something, so it made me miss Neil LOL . But they did Fanfare and he did what must've been a 15 minute solo in the middle and it was just out of this world .

Then Ken Dashow (one of the last cool rock DJs in nyc) interviewed the members of the band afterwards which was very cool .

• Like 2

July 7: King's X (Ferndale, MI)

July 8: Blue Öyster Cult (Columbus, OH)

July 9: Rob Zombie (pretty much across the street from my house!)

Three nights in a row. I don't know if I can make this happen, but I'm d*mn sure gonna try!

• Like 4

I wish I could see Iron Maiden and also Deep Purple but money is tight. U2 were pheonomenal the other night though. I even ran into a good friend of mine who is a prog guy like me but likes a lot of other music as well.
  • Like 3

U2+Beck-September 22nd(Qualcomm Stadium)

Weird combo I know, but I just found out about it today. It cost 400$ but worth it omg!!

It cost 400$ for 2 people(Me and my mom) for us to get tickets to the show. The seats are crappy, almost close to the nosebleeds smh.

But I like Beck and U2 a lot(Beck more) so it will be worth it. This will be my 2nd time seeing Beck. I saw him before at Wrex the Halls night 1 last December(Beck-Band Of Horses-Bishop Briggs-Local Natives-Glass Animals)

He's amazing live, but he does not do that many shows each year so to see him twice, is an amazing treat. Oh and who knows, maybe he will go over time for the fans again!!

I love U2 and the Joshua Tree album, so I am excited to hear it, but I almost did not get to go to this show because my mom does not really like that album that much. She is only going because she knows how much I love Beck. She likes U2, but not that album so much and idk why, it's a U2 classic.

Edited by Permanent-Rush
  • Like 2

It was great. He's quite something, so it made me miss Neil LOL . But they did Fanfare and he did what must've been a 15 minute solo in the middle and it was just out of this world .

Then Ken Dashow (one of the last cool rock DJs in nyc) interviewed the members of the band afterwards which was very cool .

That's Carl. He's a never miss for me now (His band not Asia although I love Asia.)

Saw some clips on you tube. It was awesome seeing Lisa Wetton play. That must have been very emotional to be there. She seemed like she was having a blast.

That's Carl. He's a never miss for me now (His band not Asia although I love Asia.)

Saw some clips on you tube. It was awesome seeing Lisa Wetton play. That must have been very emotional to be there. She seemed like she was having a blast.

Yes, it was really nice to see her play. The crowd was super supportive. I have some friends who are friends with a lot of Marillion fans that were there, and they know Lisa. it was cool.

As for Carl, I wish I'd seen ELP, but at least I've seen him now!