Your next Concerts?

Phoenix

David Gilmour announced yesterday that he would be doing a small North American tour in April. 2 nights each in 5 cities, including New York City, Toronto, Chicago, San Francisco and Los Angeles. These will be his first shows in North America since the Division Bell tour with Pink Floyd 11 years ago. You can bet I will not be missing this show, even if the tickets are $125 each.

If I am VERY lucky it could be The Musical Box in Dortmund. But I'm afraid my medicians won't allow it that shortly after the stem cell return... sad.gif

But I'll surely see Dave Gilmour in Frankfurt!! Caught literally the last ticket!!! laugh.gif

@mustard death, luv your signature avatar!! That owl is so cool!! icon_really_happy_guy.gif

QUOTE (Phoenix @ Dec 28 2005, 05:14 PM)
The next shows I plan to see are
Simple Minds, Fish & Midge Ure

you rock.

QUOTE (Oberon @ Dec 30 2005, 06:13 AM)
QUOTE (Phoenix @ Dec 28 2005, 05:14 PM)
The next shows I plan to see are
Simple Minds, Fish & Midge Ure

you rock.

All of them all longtime faves of mine.

Love the simple Minds since they appeared on the Soundtrack for the movie "Breakfast Club" and the song Belfast Child.

While Fish is one of the best frontman a band could have.

Too bad that I discovered Marillion after he left and missed his shows since then.

And Midge Ure is simply awesome. This summer I saw him on an open air for free and he played nearly 2 hours and seems to had to much fun doing that show. And anyone who is familar with his Band Ultravox knows what he played that night.

A good way to start the year biggrin.gif

Metallica june RDS Dublin........ain't 100% yet cos of the new bassist.....runnin around the stage like a demented orc doesn't do anything for me,but i prob will go

Flogging Molly I think was cancelled!

Our local concert hall was closed because it is downtown and that whole part of the city is being completely revitalized! Great for the city and the people living here but now everything is being turned into lofts and high end businesses! Its looking like lil Manhattan down there! So the owner of the building revoked their lease to turn it into lofts and retail shops. It is the best prime spot in the city. Now we have just one large concert hall and rarely do big name bands come thru becuse we only have 160K people. The smaller venue would only nearly 1,000 people and was always full. Also check this out, the city is trying to make an ordinance that would make it only over 21 for those that do hold concerts if they serve alcohol!

I don't have any noteworthy shows until the SPAC season starts. SPAC always pulls in amazing shows. I know we'll get two nights of Dave Matthews Band (never gotten a 3 night stand, but Dave says SPAC is one of his favorite venues in the world to play).

Last year we got some killer bands, like Allman Bros., Chicago w/ Earth, Wind, & Fire... what else... Journey... a lot of good shows last year. Hopefully just as good this year.

QUOTE (lakeside bard @ Feb 11 2006, 07:15 AM)
Metallica june RDS Dublin........ain't 100% yet cos of the new bassist.....runnin around the stage like a demented orc doesn't do anything for me,but i prob will go

If you have seen them before I would skip it.

I saw them on their last tour and it was bad Rob was the best on stage I don't know if it was a bad night or what but they were a shell of what they use to be.

February 20 8:00 PM

Aimee Mann

Categories: Pop/Rock/Country, Eclectic Mix

80s adult alternative pop/rock artist Aimee Mann comes to Ann Arbor for a night of cathartic, bittersweet music.

Tickets are $30. Call (734) 668-TIME for more information.

Venue: Michigan Theater

Organization: Michigan Theater

Audience Type: Adults 18 and Over

Price Range: $$$ ($21 - $50)