Sleep in Line for Tickets

snowdogged

i have done it in the past but with computers and ticketbastard why waste your time. back in the day being 1st in line meant front row. now it's anyone guess. sad but true! i also have waited hours for venues to open when i had GA tickets..oh the gold o' days!

I used to do this, but in Chicago they don't even LET you anymore. I was always the first in line for Rush. It was so fun haning w/ other REAL fans, usually freezing my ass off, and Mom would stop by with hot choc for the people in line, if you tried to cut you got your ass kicked. Those were the days!

The internet killed this anyway. You now do the job of that person behind the counter and they don't pay you!

QUOTE (maxdistortion @ Apr 19 2007, 12:32 PM)
does this tactic really work? i have no faith in ticket sales nowadays..

Now I am not so sure. The last time I did it was about a dozen years ago. I waited outsite one of the outlets and got third row. Has it really changed that much? There is always too much traffic if you try to order them online when they go on sale. I use to always get great seats when I waited in line, but now I am not so sure. If someone has done this recently, please let me know.

Thank you

QUOTE (pedro2112 @ Apr 19 2007, 01:16 PM)
The same people who stand in line for tickets are the same ones who churn their own butter...

tongue.gif

I reeli rezent yu saeing dat. sori, it's haard to spel and churn butter at the same time.

QUOTE (glennb2112 @ Apr 19 2007, 01:01 PM)
i have done it in the past but with computers and ticketbastard why waste your time. back in the day being 1st in line meant front row. now it's anyone guess. sad but true! i also have waited hours for venues to open when i had GA tickets..oh the gold o' days!

I agree 100 percent.

I used to line up over night even when it was minus gazillion degrees - but with all the online orders nowadays it is entirely pointless.

Too bad too - used to be a great way to meet some fans, listen to some tunes, maybe sneak in a little bit of trink39.gif and cool10.gif

I miss the 'good old days' sometimes.

Nobody has problems trying to connect to the server when the tickets first go on sale? That's what I am scared of. I want really good seats and I'm afraid I won't be able to connect with all the traffic that will be going to the site at the same time.

QUOTE (snowdogged @ Apr 19 2007, 05:52 PM)
Nobody has problems trying to connect to the server when the tickets first go on sale? That's what I am scared of. I want really good seats and I'm afraid I won't be able to connect with all the traffic that will be going to the site at the same time.

Participate in all available pre-sales (via rush.com, and also via ticketmaster, if both are offered) and keep trying... it seems like maybe they release sections of tickets for sale every 15 minutes or so based on my experience.

If you don't get the tickets you want that way, and then if you don't get what you want via ticketmaster once they go onsale to the general public, then start checking the online brokers and get ready to pay $$$.

For what it's worth, ticketmaster was auctioning 3rd row center for the Columbus show, and they ended up selling for $360 each - and they were located at the far right end of the 3rd row, which is about the best seats in the whole place - right by Ged, with no one between you and the stage so they were effectively "front row" for all intents and purposes. I'd consider that to be a steal. Your mileage may vary.

I paid 300 for 8th row center in chicago, fyi.

Archived