King's X

WCFIELDS

QUOTE (Fridge @ Sep 27 2009, 03:18 AM)
QUOTE (WCFIELDS @ Sep 26 2009, 03:05 AM)
Anyone happen to have a setlist from what thye played last night? If they only played 45 mins, they for sure missed TONS of good shit.......

Absolutely

It's a total travesty that they have to be a support act for anyone at all, never mind an act which IMO they are much better than.

goodpost.gif

QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Dec 29 2010, 08:38 AM)
THEY'RE COMING TO EUROPE IN APRIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(just up on their FB page, details to follow)

Fridge, for the love of God, do not be offshore. We're going drinking.

HOLY F*CK!!!!

Just checked...I'm offshore from 6th April till the 20th....anxious sweating ahead methinks scared.gif

And yes, we will most certainly be having a dram or twenty if i have anything to do with it. 1022.gif

Jerry Gaskill remains in the ICU recovering slowly. As medical bills mount up many have asked how they can help. You can give Jerry $20 toward his uncovered medical expenses by going to http://www.molkenmusic.com/ or http://www.kingsxrocks.com/ and receive a free download of the new King's X album, "Burning Down Boston." Also, info about how you can give more is provided. 100% of all gifts collected go directly to Jerry Gaskill.

QUOTE (Ovningskora @ Mar 9 2012, 05:19 PM)
Jerry Gaskill remains in the ICU recovering slowly. As medical bills mount up many have asked how they can help. You can give Jerry $20 toward his uncovered medical expenses by going to http://www.molkenmusic.com/ or http://www.kingsxrocks.com/ and receive a free download of the new King's X album, "Burning Down Boston." Also, info about how you can give more is provided. 100% of all gifts collected go directly to Jerry Gaskill.

Thanks for the update...much appreciated.

On my way to KingsXRocks.com right now!

Anyone with an extra $20 to plunk down, please do the same, these are some great guys and it is a most worthy cause, indeed.

~Love, Hope, Strength,

RGLT cool.gif

^ mmhm

i gave the 20 dollars today. I now finally get to hear a live recording of "Mission" and this "It's Love Intro" guitar solo by Ty is very interesting and ambient as well... Similar to the effect of Johnny's guitar solo. cool!

and jerry is now out of the ICU, good for him! let me also plug his solo album: come somewhere... pretty unlike most of King's X stuff, but great nonetheless. Jerry can really write some good acoustic guitar tunes!

Just heard about Jerry - holy shite, hope he recovers soon.

I once talked to the guys after a show in Germany. They were so friendly and really, really funny. Best wishes to Jerry and the lads.

He got home this week

QUOTE (metaldad @ Mar 30 2012, 07:40 PM)
He got home this week

Good to hear!!!

When I talked to him 4 years ago I said: 'Jerry you're one of my favourite drummers, you're tight like a clockwork'.

QUOTE (Ovningskora @ Jun 8 2012, 06:08 AM)
After two years of listening I have decided that "Please Come Home... Mr. Bulbous" is without a doubt the best album I've ever heard.

Unique & abstract greatness from front to back.

Yeah, its a unique album. Love the guitar tone Ty gets on this one.

They are going on tour with Kansas in Sept 1022.gif

QUOTE (Xanadoood @ Jun 8 2012, 06:06 AM)
QUOTE (Ovningskora @ Jun 8 2012, 06:08 AM)
After two years of listening I have decided that "Please Come Home... Mr. Bulbous" is without a doubt the best album I've ever heard.

Unique & abstract greatness from front to back.

Yeah, its a unique album. Love the guitar tone Ty gets on this one.

Love this album also.....the production is slighty bass heavy, but some awesome songs.....

If this album cranked up doesn't shake your house, I don't know what would....

I bought Dogman yesterday.

It totally renewed my interest in this band! What a killer CD. I like the stuff before Dogman, but if their later stuff is heavier like this and just as good, I think I might prefer it. Can anyone recommend any later King's X albums to me?

QUOTE (priest_of_syrinx @ Jun 10 2012, 06:40 PM)

It totally renewed my interest in this band! What a killer CD. I like the stuff before Dogman, but if their later stuff is heavier like this and just as good, I think I might prefer it. Can anyone recommend any later King's X albums to me?

Tapehead, Bulbous, and Ear Candy all very good....

Great News...

Jerry is on the mend and has been given clearance from his doctors to play and tour already!

This is so impressive in the light of what a serious heart attack he suffered.

King's X will be opening for Kansas on their fall tour.

It'll be great to see them live and to see Jerry behind the kit once again!

QUOTE (priest_of_syrinx @ Jun 10 2012, 07:40 PM)

The last 2 albums, "Ogre Tuens" and "XV" are both so very good.

I know you'll like them.

Also, all of the love for "Please Come Home... Mr. Bulbous" is warranted, as it is King's X at their best, in my humble opinion.

Enjoy them!!!