What is your most hated movie?

The Owl

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Apr 1 2007, 10:37 AM)
The worst movie I ever sat through is one that a lot of people love.

I remember seeing this movie with my sister and a friend of hers. I was about 21 and her and her friend were around 16. To me it was the worst crime a movie could commit, which is a personal pet peeve of mine, and that is when a movie is intentionally emotionally manipulative, trying to get you to cry because of melodramatic contrived attempts to pull at your heartstrings (E.T. anyone?).

Anyway, so I'm watching this movie and not ony is it incredibly emotionally manipulative, but the characters were BEYOND stupid, just agonizingly stupid people, which is another thing in movies I can't stand - unrealistic horrendously stupid characters.

So I'm watching this movie, an intensely painful experience, and I look over at my sister and her friend and they're bawling. I was like, give me a f*cking break, but I kept my mouth shut.

Easily the worst movie I've ever seen. What a piece of garbage!

Oh yeah, the movie was...

Edward Scissorhands 062802puke_prv.gif

Try Big Fish. It's my favourite, and one of the only Tim Burton films I enjoyed.

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well... The Resident Evil movies for sure. I guess they're not all THAT bad, but since I was an RE fan, I was expecting the movies to at least TRY and be at all related to, you know... Actual Resident Evil stuff.

Oh well.

Oh, and The Guardian bored me to death. Don't ever try watching it.

QUOTE (Mustard Death @ Apr 1 2007, 07:42 AM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ Apr 1 2007, 10:37 AM)

I remember seeing this movie with my sister and a friend of hers.  I was about 21 and her and her friend were around 16.  To me it was the worst crime a movie could commit, which is a personal pet peeve of mine, and that is when a movie is intentionally emotionally manipulative, trying to get you to cry because of melodramatic contrived attempts to pull at your heartstrings (E.T. anyone?).

Anyway, so I'm watching this movie and not ony is it incredibly emotionally manipulative, but the characters were BEYOND stupid, just agonizingly stupid people, which is another thing in movies I can't stand - unrealistic horrendously stupid characters.

So I'm watching this movie, an intensely painful experience, and I look over at my sister and her friend and they're bawling.  I was like, give me a f*cking break, but I kept my mouth shut.

Easily the worst movie I've ever seen.  What a piece of garbage!

Edward Scissorhands  062802puke_prv.gif

Try Big Fish. It's my favourite, and one of the only Tim Burton films I enjoyed.

I liked Big Fish and I liked Ed Wood.

Most of his movies that I've seen I hate though.

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Apr 1 2007, 09:37 AM)

I remember seeing this movie with my sister and a friend of hers. I was about 21 and her and her friend were around 16. To me it was the worst crime a movie could commit, which is a personal pet peeve of mine, and that is when a movie is intentionally emotionally manipulative, trying to get you to cry because of melodramatic contrived attempts to pull at your heartstrings (E.T. anyone?).

So I'm watching this movie, an intensely painful experience, and I look over at my sister and her friend and they're bawling. I was like, give me a f*cking break, but I kept my mouth shut.

Easily the worst movie I've ever seen. What a piece of garbage!

Edward Scissorhands 062802puke_prv.gif

Given your description, I thought for sure you were going to say "Titanic."

I hated the first half, with its cliched love story; the lovers had stupid, obvious dialogue throughout. It got good in the second half, when the ship began to sink; good effects.

Fans of Leo were upset he didn't get an Oscar nomination, but I think the film got what it deserved: wins for special effects and picture, but none for acting. Leo's performance was nothing special; he phoned it in.

Worst Movie? Probably this one low budget C movie called Alien 51 (starring Heidi Fleiss ohmy.gif scared.gif ). As a horror movie, it's terrible, but it's probably the funniest movie I've ever seen.

For feature films, I'd have to go with Alone in the Dark or maybe Cheerleader Ninjas.

QUOTE (skyswing @ Mar 31 2007, 04:56 PM)
I'm usually pretty easy on people who create things, like movies, but I'd say two of my least favorite movies are "Wing Commander" and "Mars Attacks!"

I love "Mars Attacks".

ph34r.gif

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Apr 1 2007, 09:54 AM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ Apr 1 2007, 09:37 AM)

I remember seeing this movie with my sister and a friend of hers.  I was about 21 and her and her friend were around 16.  To me it was the worst crime a movie could commit, which is a personal pet peeve of mine, and that is when a movie is intentionally emotionally manipulative, trying to get you to cry because of melodramatic contrived attempts to pull at your heartstrings (E.T. anyone?).

So I'm watching this movie, an intensely painful experience, and I look over at my sister and her friend and they're bawling.  I was like, give me a f*cking break, but I kept my mouth shut.

Easily the worst movie I've ever seen.  What a piece of garbage!

Edward Scissorhands  062802puke_prv.gif

Given your description, I thought for sure you were going to say "Titanic."

I hated the first half, with its cliched love story; the lovers had stupid, obvious dialogue throughout. It got good in the second half, when the ship began to sink; good effects.

Fans of Leo were upset he didn't get an Oscar nomination, but I think the film got what it deserved: wins for special effects and picture, but none for acting. Leo's performance was nothing special; he phoned it in.

I love Titanic. ph34r.gif

Tim Burton's stuff is all alright with me (other than the Planet of the Apes remake, awful film), but the most overrated film maker in hollywood is M. Night Shamalyan. I cannot enjoy any of his films. He is too overrated.

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Mar 30 2007, 11:33 AM)
QUOTE (willowroolz @ Mar 30 2007, 05:49 AM)
Pearl Harbour. Loud, tedious and moronic. Even having Kate Becksinsale in the cast couldn't save that pile of shite. Hollywood at its very worst.

Oh, and Armageddon. There's a theme here.

Yes, the theme is "Ben Affleck." Who also starred in the most maligned movie of the past few years, "Gigli."

Actually the theme I was going with was Michael Bay, but Affleck will do laugh.gif

QUOTE (The Owl @ Apr 1 2007, 11:22 PM)
Tim Burton's stuff is all alright with me (other than the Planet of the Apes remake, awful film), but the most overrated film maker in hollywood is M. Night Shamalyan. I cannot enjoy any of his films. He is too overrated.

I LOVE his movies and will see anything he makes. Lady in the Water was definitely not his best, but it was still interesting. I think he's one of the most original writers and directors out there. yes.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Apr 2 2007, 06:41 AM)
Tim Burton's stuff is all alright with me (other than the Planet of the Apes remake, awful film), but the most overrated film maker in hollywood is M. Night Shamalyan.  I cannot enjoy any of his films.  He is too overrated.

I LOVE his movies and will see anything he makes. Lady in the Water was definitely not his best, but it was still interesting. I think he's one of the most original writers and directors out there. yes.gif

yes.gif

He's our Hitchcock.

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Apr 2 2007, 07:58 AM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ Apr 2 2007, 06:41 AM)
Tim Burton's stuff is all alright with me (other than the Planet of the Apes remake, awful film), but the most overrated film maker in hollywood is M. Night Shamalyan.  I cannot enjoy any of his films.  He is too overrated.

yes.gif

He's our Hitchcock.

>_< comparing M. Night Shamalyan to Hitchcock?

062802puke_prv.gif

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Mar 31 2007, 09:50 PM)
QUOTE (steelcaressed @ Mar 31 2007, 09:45 PM)
There are so many more.  Any movie w/ Will Farrell or Mike Myers. 

Have you ever seen "Old School" (Farrell) or "So I Married an Axe Murderer" (Myers)? I love both those movies. The two "Wayne's World" movies were pretty good, too... but I can totally understand if people hate the "Austin Powers" crap.

The only two movies w/Will Farrell I like are Stranger Than Fiction and Anchorman.

And only Anchorman because there are these four guys at my school, and they wear these suits, and one wears a big cowboy hat and they run around doing stupid stuff... I guess it's not even the movie that's funny, it's just them.

Dreamcatcher was pathetic.

goodpost.gif My thought exactly.

Batman and Robin with AAAHnold as Mr. Freeze-

" Okay everybody, CHILL!" sarcasm.gif new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif

I saw this film in the 80s called "The Executioner" about this guy going around killing people for no reason and it was bad. Bad acting, bad stunts, cheapo sets and effects etc and every time there was an explosion (which was very often) they kept showing this one same explosion, which became something of a hilarious aspect to me and my mates at the time...and yes somehow we watched it to the end. I think actually we made a mistake, we were actually trying to rent out "The Exterminator" but got that by mistake...

laugh.gif

I have a lot of movies I hated but it depends on what decade we're talking about here first. Is it overall or just a certain time period?

Okay I have seen a lot of movies.

Some of the bad ones I have seen are:

The Hills Have Eyes (just bloody terrible, the only way to watch it is really really drunk)

Catwoman was awful! I remember watching it with my friend and she and I laughed when the cats gave Hallie Berry CPR. Sharon Stone was disappointing.

Basic Instinct 2 was crap! I LOVE the original and I was very disappointed with this sequel. They really didn't need to make another one in my opinion.

Van Wilder Part Deux- What the hell.. .okay no Ryan Reynolds no sale... I mean he is VAN WILDER!

Batman and Robin I agree was just terrible! Uma Thurman is it's saving grace... not by her acting, by her hot costume! And this is coming from a HUGE Batman Freak!

Jaws 2 and 3 were rediculous! How the hell can a SHARK beat a JET to it's destination?!

Every single Friday the 13th movie after the first 3 were craptacular!

I would have to say the same for the Nightmare on Elm Street movies.

The same goes for all the Hellraiser movies except for the first one, when Pinhead was called the Lead Cennobite and not some stupid catch phrase spitting icon.

Wow I could go on forever about the horror movie industry and how they haven't made a good movie since the late 70's, but I wont.

Tim Burton's only disappointment in my book was Corpse Bride.

M. Night's only good movie was The Sixth Sense (the first time you watch it) the others were entirely overrated and I can understand why there are so many haters out there for him. I admit Lady in the Water had a cool trailer but what a piece of garbage! So loose and unthought out!

This is all can think of right now.

QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ Apr 3 2007, 04:19 PM)

Jaws 2 and 3 were rediculous! How the hell can a SHARK beat a JET to it's destination?!

The jet thing was Jaws 4:The Revenge actually and yes it is PATHETIC! Easily in my top 5 of worst movies.

The late Richard Jeni does a good routine on Jaws 4 here...he brings up the stupid jet thing as well..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUkeyw7xdb4