2007 - 10/16 - Rotterdam, Netherlands - Ahoy

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone know how late trains run from Rotterdam to Amsterdam?

I read they run every half hour or so - but not sure how late.

Trying to sort out whether to go back to our Amsterdam hotel after the show, or grab a place to stay in Rotterdam.

2.gif

QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ May 16 2007, 09:19 AM)

Trying to sort out whether to go back to our Amsterdam hotel after the show, or grab a place to stay in Rotterdam.

2.gif

There are 2 trains at (at the moment) 22.59, 23.11, 23.29, 00.11, 01.00, 02.00 - jouney time 1hr 15mins biggrin.gif cool10.gif

QUOTE (nebbish @ May 16 2007, 05:21 AM)
QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ May 16 2007, 09:19 AM)

2.gif

There are 2 trains at (at the moment) 22.59, 23.11, 23.29, 00.11, 01.00, 02.00 - jouney time 1hr 15mins biggrin.gif cool10.gif

Ahhhh great! And those would be Rotterdam to Amsterdam?

If so looks like we can party our asses off until after 1am then crawl onto a train.

Choooo-chooooo!

Thanks for the info!

trink39.gif

I'm going to this one too, if all goes well. Got my ticket, just need to sort out flights and staying information.

Never seen Rush live before, so I'm really excited. Also, good to know there'll be someone to camp out with at the front of the stage biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Communist Olga @ May 29 2007, 04:26 PM)
I'm going to this one too, if all goes well. Got my ticket, just need to sort out flights and staying information.
Never seen Rush live before, so I'm really excited. Also, good to know there'll be someone to camp out with at the front of the stage biggrin.gif

That's awesome!

So far from the forum we'll have some local Holland representation, myself and my two other Canadian guys, and from the sound of it you are flying up from Russia? How awesome is that!

We plan on meeting up for a drink before the show - you'd be welcome to join us.

2.gif

QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ Jun 1 2007, 02:34 PM)
That's awesome!

So far from the forum we'll have some local Holland representation, myself and my two other Canadian guys, and from the sound of it you are flying up from Russia? How awesome is that!

We plan on meeting up for a drink before the show - you'd be welcome to join us.

2.gif

Hell yeah, I'd like that. Rush aren't too popular here, so it'd be awesome to have a drink with other fans, as well as just have a good time, so you can count me in. cool.gif

Less than two months to go! Wh000000t!

Booking some flights today. Plan to spend most the week in Amsterdam but decided to get a hotel in Rotterdam for the night of the show.

I wonder where Rush will stay that night seeing as they play Ahoy the next night also. Hopefully they are on the same floor of my hotel - maybe Alex and I can hit a couple cafes after the show.

cool10.gif

Me and my buddy are going to both these shows... We're coming from Belgium, so we know the language... We're staying in the New Ocean Paradise Hotel, not so far from Ahoy... We also went to Ahoy in 2004, it was an amazing concert!

I hope to see all you guys there, I'll buy you guys a beer! trink38.gif

You can add me and my two oldest sons to the Tuesday night list.

Heading from Shetland - a lonely windswept collection of islands where the Atlantic Ocean meets the North Sea - via the Manchester gig.

Arrowsnake and Boof - awesome both you will be there for the show too!

trink39.gif

It'll be good for anyone wants to meet up, share a drink before the show looks like there might be a good pile of us! I've never been to the Netherlands before so I can't really recommend a meeting spot but I'm sure we'll figure something out!

Is New Ocean Paradise Hotel the nicest hotel in town? If Rush is staying playing back to back nights they are probably spending the night if you know what I mean...

We just recently decided to split out trip 3 days Amsterdam, 1 day Rotterdam, 3 days Amsterdam so we'll be getting a hotel for the night of show #1 also.

Hey godeater 2112, yeah I'm sure we will work something out...

uhm, no the paradise hotel is more like the cheapest hotel we could find... :-) I think there is also a Hilton hotel in Rotterdam, maybe Rush will be staying there?

I can't wait anymore... maybe I can freeze myself until october?

QUOTE (BroonsBabe @ Aug 26 2007, 03:55 PM)
Hey Guys!

Can't wait! this is going to be so much fun!

I say we get together for a few beers before the show.. trink38.gif trink38.gif

Hi BroonsBabe - nice to see you it's been a while!

We are getting super duper excited at this point. Just booked up all our accommodations this weekend. We decided to make a night of it in Rotterdam and grabbed up a room at the Westin - I hope Rush will be staying there, can you imagine bumping into them at the swimming pool?

There are a bunch of people that would like to grab a drink before the show. We need someone who knows Rotterdam well to decide on a groovy place to meet up. Probably near the arena?

2.gif

QUOTE (ArrowSnake @ Aug 24 2007, 06:45 AM)

uhm, no the paradise hotel is more like the cheapest hotel we could find... :-) I think there is also a Hilton hotel in Rotterdam, maybe Rush will be staying there?

in 2004 rush stayed in the amstel hotel in Amsterdam i would hope that they stayed in the Raddison SAS hotel thats where i work tongue.gif

QUOTE (between the sun and moon @ Aug 27 2007, 12:30 PM)
QUOTE (ArrowSnake @ Aug 24 2007, 06:45 AM)

in 2004 rush stayed in the amstel hotel in Amsterdam i would hope that they stayed in the Raddison SAS hotel thats where i work tongue.gif

Do you think if they are playing Rotterdam two nights in a row that they'd go all the way to Amsterdam and back after the show?

Too bad I didn't know I had an Amsterdam hotel connection like yourself here. Just two days ago I booked our hotels for Amsterdam - a canal view apartment at Hotel Amstelzicht for three nights and then three nights at the Victoria Park Plaza.

It's going to be such a blast! How am I supposed to sleep for the next seven weeks thinking about it?

2.gif 2.gif 2.gif

1022.gif 1022.gif 653.gif hello there, rush fans!!!

I also be at this rush concert, I'll be there together with "arrowsnake", for me it's gonna be the third time I'm gonna see rush live...so I'm really looking forward to the show!!!!

I allready have seen a bootleg video from a show from the new tour, so it"s gonna be awsomn!!!! greetz............

QUOTE (jrenee2112 @ Sep 4 2007, 11:16 PM)
QUOTE (BroonsBabe @ Aug 26 2007, 03:55 PM)
Hey Guys!

Can't wait!  this is going to be so much fun!

I say we get together for a few beers before the show..  trink38.gif  trink38.gif

Where can you find the best shrooms? tongue.gif common001.gif

rofl3.gif cool10.gif

QUOTE (jrenee2112 @ Sep 4 2007, 11:11 PM)
I was just thinking about starting a thread for the Rotterdam shows! I will be there! I have not picked which show yet.... cool10.gif common001.gif cool10.gif

get together for some bears would be nice...

there are allready comming rushfans from canada and even from russia!!!

if your only comming for one show, I would recommend the second show, because the acoustic in the ahoy arena is verry loud. i saw them in rotterdam with the R30-tour and the sound was great, but it shouldn't be been louder because otherwise we were deaf!

hope to see you there!!! trink38.gif trink39.gif

QUOTE (Communist Olga @ May 29 2007, 09:26 PM)

hey communist olga,

wauw, it's awesome that you will come all the way from russia to holland to see rush live!!!!

I'll be togheter with arrowsnake, we're comming from belgium...not to much rushfans over here also, butt lucky for us we only need to take a train to rotterdam.

here is a link to some hotels in the area of the ahoy arena.

www.bookings.nl (choose rotterdam, area ahoy and you will get a list of 30 hotels)

hope to see you there!!!! grtz trink38.gif 2.gif

Archived