Ghost Rider

Test4VitalSigns

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Aug 29 2004, 02:21 AM)
It's gonna be really cool when the movie based on Neil's book "Ghost Rider" comes out!! I nominate Neil to play himself!

C'mon GG.....little slow on the trigger. wink.gif

I thought YOU would have chimed in by now..... trink39.gif

My thoughts for casting (sorry about all the Jeff's, just a coincidence):

Jeff Daniels as Lerxst - good combination of goofy and serious, would need to add a couple pounds

Jeff Goldblum as Geddy - Semitic good looks, serious actor

Jeff Bridges as Neil - intense actor, has played characters dealing with loss, see the excellent flick "Fearless" about a plane crash survivor who comes to feel invincible, and mocks the almighty, walking the "razor's edge". The movie also features the Most Gorgeous Woman on the Planet - Isabella Rossillini (sp).

QUOTE (Relaxed_Jack @ Aug 30 2004, 11:41 AM)
It's gonna be really cool when the movie based on Neil's book "Ghost Rider" comes out!! I nominate Neil to play himself!

WHOA.....where has my mind been? LOL.gif

Of course he should play himself, and as I've stated elsewhere, I'd make a DAMN fine Carrie Nuttall....(I have the dark hair and pale complexion!!!!)

tongue.gif

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Aug 30 2004, 11:25 PM)

Of course he should play himself, and as I've stated elsewhere, I'd make a DAMN fine Carrie Nuttall....(I have the dark hair and pale complexion!!!!)

tongue.gif

Well, you're definitely "ALL NUT"! wacko.gif pokey.gif

(All nut, Nuttall? Work with me, GG, it's early.)

QUOTE (BSG @ Aug 31 2004, 08:12 AM)
QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Aug 30 2004, 11:25 PM)

tongue.gif

Well, you're definitely "ALL NUT"! wacko.gif pokey.gif

(All nut, Nuttall? Work with me, GG, it's early.)

That's so HORRIBLY bad, it's HI-LARIOUS, BSG....

rofl3.gif icon_really_happy_guy.gif rofl3.gif icon_really_happy_guy.gif

nasty.gif

ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif

Ghost Rider is becomming a film????? Holy crap, where was I??? That will be interesting.. I hope they get good actors, but maybe the guys should play themselves... to make it interesting biggrin.gif

I thought this was simply a rumor on this thread. If its true, I dunno how much I would like it. Rush has always been an insider band for me, only myself and few select people know about them. And of those few that know them, they know MP and PerWaves stuff, maybe a few select songs on earlier albums, but absolutly nothing from post Signals.

You make a movie like this, it brings the mainstream into Rush and you get a lot of pseudo-fans saying they love the band. I like the fact that when I talk to people about music, there is a band that only I know about. Its like a secret that only I and a few other open people know about.

But then again, it might finally shut all those critics up who continually bash the band for Geddy's voice or thier so-called pretentious attitude towards music (I never ever once had this impression of them) It might even boost Vapor Trails up a bit and hear it on the radio as people might actually start to listen to the lyrics. I would love to be able to hear newer material on the radio longer then a couple months after release in addition to Tom Sawyer or Limelight.

QUOTE (Moonraker @ Sep 1 2004, 10:27 PM)
I thought this was simply a rumor on this thread. If its true, I dunno how much I would like it. Rush has always been an insider band for me, only myself and few select people know about them. And of those few that know them, they know MP and PerWaves stuff, maybe a few select songs on earlier albums, but absolutly nothing from post Signals.

You make a movie like this, it brings the mainstream into Rush and you get a lot of pseudo-fans saying they love the band. I like the fact that when I talk to people about music, there is a band that only I know about. Its like a secret that only I and a few other open people know about.

But then again, it might finally shut all those critics up who continually bash the band for Geddy's voice or thier so-called pretentious attitude towards music (I never ever once had this impression of them) It might even boost Vapor Trails up a bit and hear it on the radio as people might actually start to listen to the lyrics. I would love to be able to hear newer material on the radio longer then a couple months after release in addition to Tom Sawyer or Limelight.

Excellent point, Moon.

QUOTE (BSG @ Sep 2 2004, 06:21 AM)
QUOTE (Alsgalpal @ Sep 1 2004, 10:07 PM)
I mean, it will be interesting anyways, but will add a great twist to the visual scenery.... wub.gif

So AGP, you seem a good person to ask.... Other than Big Al himself, who would you like to see play Lerxst? How about Tony Danza with a little hair coloring? icon_really_happy_guy.gif

I'm not AGP, but I'll chime in with my suggestion.

Steven Seagall as Alex!

http://dotplus.ru/mike99/img/seagal.jpg

icon_really_happy_guy.gif icon_really_happy_guy.gif icon_really_happy_guy.gif icon_really_happy_guy.gif

just a thought...

what if Neil gave rights to buddy's daughter so it COULDN"T be made into a movie...

tons of books get the "rights", but not all of them make it onto the big screen.....

it could also become another small independant film...seen at sundance...

i just can't see it being a huge big screen production.....

if it does, great, i'll be one of the first in line at the box office to see it!!

i'm just not getting my hopes up...

it could be YEARS before anything transpires.....

if anything.....

sorry to burst anyones bubble, but reality has to seep in somewhere....

That's a good take, LRF. Definitely something to think about.

That's what i think it will be...just a small independant film that will show a study if u will of how one man experienced the grieving process in such a unique way after suffering 2 major tragedies in such a short time and how he came to survive and to thrive and to revitalized his life...I don't even think the other 2 guys will play a major part in this story...I wouldn't be surprised if they "fictionalized" it...what I mean is the story will be just based on Neil's experience rather than a straight on true story docudrama...know what I mean?

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Aug 30 2004, 08:25 PM)

tongue.gif

rofl3.gif your too much! laugh.gif

Definately NOT Tony Danza for Alex!!!! Maybe some one like umm, well, no one really compares. Steven Segall is ok. I think we need to do more justice to Alex tho, I am very picky!!! laugh.gif Heath Leger can play a young Alex, he is very easy on the eyes, but we are not talking a young Alex are we??? Any suggestions??? confused13.gif

If he plays himself, I would love to play Charlene, and help him play with himself.

er, uh, play with his part... D'oh, um play his part of himself!!! biggrin.gif

Edited by Alsgalpal

As has been said above, all that's happened is the rights have been sold. Actually, if I remember correctly, it was "optioned" which means Neil didn't release the rights, he just gave someone permission to work with his stuff. But based on some college screenwriting courses I took, and general hollywood know-how, only a tiny fraction of optioned movies ever see print. We may get a movie out of this, we may not...

Either way, it'll be interesting smile.gif

Actually, when I heard that the book had been optioned, my first thought was that they did it to keep the title from being confused or mixed up with the Ghost Rider comic book (also being scripted for an upcoming movie).

As for casting... we had a big thread on this on THML and Tom Hanks was suggested for Neil (voice dubbed), Dean Haglund for Geddy, and Jeff Bridges for Alex.

If you've ever seen the conspiracy theory guys on the X-Files or caught the short-lived The Lone Gunmen, you'll know who Dean Haglund is. But here's the creepy part - he's Canadian and shares a birthday with Geddy! ph34r.gif

QUOTE (syrinxkat @ Sep 3 2004, 09:52 PM)
As has been said above, all that's happened is the rights have been sold. Actually, if I remember correctly, it was "optioned" which means Neil didn't release the rights, he just gave someone permission to work with his stuff. But based on some college screenwriting courses I took, and general hollywood know-how, only a tiny fraction of optioned movies ever see print. We may get a movie out of this, we may not...

Either way, it'll be interesting smile.gif

Actually, when I heard that the book had been optioned, my first thought was that they did it to keep the title from being confused or mixed up with the Ghost Rider comic book (also being scripted for an upcoming movie).

As for casting... we had a big thread on this on THML and Tom Hanks was suggested for Neil (voice dubbed), Dean Haglund for Geddy, and Jeff Bridges for Alex.
If you've ever seen the conspiracy theory guys on the X-Files or caught the short-lived The Lone Gunmen, you'll know who Dean Haglund is. But here's the creepy part - he's Canadian and shares a birthday with Geddy! ph34r.gif

Wow, that Dean guy is almost dead on. Just give him a brown wig and round sunglasses and he would be Geddy.

i agree...

dean would make an awesome geddy!!!

someone should do a photo shop comparison...(i'm kinda illiterate when it comes to that)

i dunno about jeff bridges for alex........gotta think on that one....

and tom hanks for neil...hmmm..... confused13.gif

That Dean guy is already made for the part.

"Dean maintains a successful acting career in film and television. His television credits include roles in the series "VIP Pamela Anderson", "Home Improvement" "The Commish," "Sliders," "Honey, I Shrunk the Kids," the animated series "Robocop" and "The Big Guy." His feature film credits include "The X-Files: Fight the Future" "Radio Free Steve", "Design of Darkness", "Rice Girl" and the animated feature film 'Tom Sawyer'."

Tom Sawyer ey?

QUOTE (The Notorious B.S.G. @ Aug 30 2004, 11:58 AM)
My thoughts for casting (sorry about all the Jeff's, just a coincidence):

Jeff Daniels as Lerxst - good combination of goofy and serious, would need to add a couple pounds

Jeff Goldblum as Geddy - Semitic good looks, serious actor

Jeff Bridges as Neil - intense actor, has played characters dealing with loss, see the excellent flick "Fearless" about a plane crash survivor who comes to feel invincible, and mocks the almighty, walking the "razor's edge". The movie also features the Most Gorgeous Woman on the Planet - Isabella Rossillini (sp).

the guy from the X-files the lonegunmen looks just like Geddy Lee