OUT OF THE CRADLE

Rushman14

QUOTE (Nickslikk2112 @ Mar 21 2007, 04:57 PM)
And your post isn't?

I get it, your talking Vapor Trails biggrin.gif

Quick question, are you under 40? If so what are you doing listening to Rush, pick somebody from your own cultural milieu. If you are over 40 then you should be sitting at a computer keyboard all day long complaing about how Rush are shit compared to what they used to be

Seriously whats the point of posting in these type of threads? Do you really have nothing better to do? This reminds me of the Dream Theater harassment.

What does age have to do with anything? Obviously some of us older than 40 still whine about not getting their own way. We get the point that you find absolutly no redeeming qualities in Vapor Trails, or new Rush at all, it stopped being funny awhile ago.

to contribute to the thread:

You guys don't like "The Stars Look Down"? I love the guitar bit right after Geddy's falsetto. What is Neil trying to say in the lyrics? I think they're neat. Vapor Trails doesn't really have any weak tracks. Usually I say "Ghost Rider" but even that one is my favorite some days. "Out of the Cradle" is a great closer, the best since "Available Light"

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The three on the album I could really just drop: "Ghost Rider", "Freeze", and "Out of the Cradle". And even those songs aren't particularly weak at all, even though "Freeze" gets positively slaughtered by the crappy production and the vocals on "Out of the Cradle" are really obnoxious in places.

QUOTE (The O' Sullivan Factor @ Mar 25 2007, 08:45 PM)
QUOTE (Nickslikk2112 @ Mar 21 2007, 04:57 PM)
And your post isn't?

I get it, your talking Vapor Trails biggrin.gif

Quick question, are you under 40? If so what are you doing listening to Rush, pick somebody from your own cultural milieu. If you are over 40 then you should be sitting at a computer keyboard all day long complaing about how Rush are shit compared to what they used to be

Seriously whats the point of posting in these type of threads? Do you really have nothing better to do? This reminds me of the Dream Theater harassment.

What does age have to do with anything? Obviously some of us older than 40 still whine about not getting their own way. We get the point that you find absolutly no redeeming qualities in Vapor Trails, or new Rush at all, it stopped being funny awhile ago.

to contribute to the thread:

You guys don't like "The Stars Look Down"? I love the guitar bit right after Geddy's falsetto. What is Neil trying to say in the lyrics? I think they're neat. Vapor Trails doesn't really have any weak tracks. Usually I say "Ghost Rider" but even that one is my favorite some days. "Out of the Cradle" is a great closer, the best since "Available Light"

He's British. It's in his very nature to be old, bitter, and irreversably curmudgeonly.

He has bad teeth too, not just bad taste.

QUOTE (The O' Sullivan Factor @ Mar 25 2007, 07:10 PM)
Other than a little bit of a "blown speaker sound" on "How it is" and "Out of the Cradle" I haven't really noticed the bad production that much unless I try to play the album through a surround sound system, in which case its unlistenable due to the bass overpowering everything

"Freeze" sounds like the rock music equivalent of chopped meat run through a broken blender to me. And it's not a terrible song in terms of the lyrics, arrangement, and playing. It's just way too much because of how loud it is and how overdubbed it is.

Edited by Kudzu

QUOTE (rushman14 @ Mar 21 2007, 11:52 AM)
Much to my surprise, many people have listed "Out Of The Cradle" as they're least favorite of Vapor Trails. I'm a bit shocked as it is tied with Secret Touch as my favorite, especially the end fadout section when Neil is going off with those killer drum fills. It's a great album closer and makes the hair on the back of neck stand up.

Speak up "Out Of The Cradle" fans! 1022.gif

I LIKE THAT SONG!! Sweet Miracle is my least Fav on VT, Ghost Rider being my fav!!

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Mar 21 2007, 12:48 PM)
QUOTE (Nickslikk2112 @ Mar 21 2007, 02:37 PM)
My least favourite track on VT depends on which one I select at random.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, it's like picking your favourite turd biggrin.gif

There that's kept me away from the wife and kid for another 30 seconds. doo doo der der doo doo der der Livin in the paa-ast

You'd know all about picking turds.

I know nothing about picking turds either, but I am only 39 years old..Can I still be a Rush fan? This could be a very dissapointing answer for me after 27 or so years of listening to every word they say...help me out here Presto...Nick is making me feel like I've wasted the last quarter of a century... biggrin.gif

Edited by JDL2112

QUOTE (JDL2112 @ Mar 26 2007, 06:23 PM)
QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Mar 21 2007, 12:48 PM)
QUOTE (Nickslikk2112 @ Mar 21 2007, 02:37 PM)
My least favourite track on VT depends on which one I select at random.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, it's like picking your favourite turd biggrin.gif

There that's kept me away from the wife and kid for another 30 seconds. doo doo der der doo doo der der Livin in the paa-ast

You'd know all about picking turds.

I know nothing about picking turds either, but I am only 39 years old..Can I still be a Rush fan? This could be a very dissapointing answer for me after 27 or so years of listening to every word they say...help me out here Presto...Nick is making me feel like I've wasted the last quarter of a century... biggrin.gif

Well, if Nick is on your back, your probably doing something right. wink.gif

let's see how this goes over.

I was listening to VT today and got chills during Out Of The Cradle, especially the end section. I was gonna post a thread about it but at the suggestion of some on this board, I decided to use the search engine and actually found this thread, started by ME! I guess I really do love this song. So here I am showing it some love and bumping it to the top so you can all comment on the awesomeness that is OUT OF THE CRADLE.

thank you.

QUOTE (Rushman14 @ Mar 14 2008, 07:06 PM)

I was listening to VT today and got chills during Out Of The Cradle, especially the end section. I was gonna post a thread about it but at the suggestion of some on this board, I decided to use the search engine and actually found this thread, started by ME! I guess I really do love this song. So here I am showing it some love and bumping it to the top so you can all comment on the awesomeness that is OUT OF THE CRADLE.

thank you.

Thanks for using the search button!!!!!!

As it is I have to say that I haven't listened to VT since just after I saw them on the VT tour. Its a shame how bad production ruined what could have been a decent album. Maybe Its been long enough that I need to give it another listen.

QUOTE (thesweetscience @ Mar 14 2008, 04:14 PM)
QUOTE (Rushman14 @ Mar 14 2008, 07:06 PM)

thank you.

Thanks for using the search button!!!!!!

As it is I have to say that I haven't listened to VT since just after I saw them on the VT tour. Its a shame how bad production ruined what could have been a decent album. Maybe Its been long enough that I need to give it another listen.

yes I still pray they remix or remaster it for the love of GOD!

QUOTE (Rushman14 @ Mar 21 2007, 12:52 PM)
Much to my surprise, many people have listed "Out Of The Cradle" as they're least favorite of Vapor Trails. I'm a bit shocked as it is tied with Secret Touch as my favorite, especially the end fadout section when Neil is going off with those killer drum fills. It's a great album closer and makes the hair on the back of neck stand up.

Speak up "Out Of The Cradle" fans! 1022.gif

Yup, one of my favs also. cool.gif

QUOTE (Analog Brian Kidd @ Mar 14 2008, 07:08 PM)
I think there is a good case for any one of the songs on Vapour Trails to be the worst. Probably the worst release by a "major" artist, along with St ANger 062802puke_prv.gif

It is much better than RTB,Conterparts or TFE..........that was an awful streak........