bass

thebagel

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (barney_rebel @ Dec 1 2004, 06:52 PM)
I really like the Fender Jazz line...

Too bad I can't justify spending my money on it sad.gif

Same here, I am sorely in need of a new bass, my P-bass has put up with a lot of punishment and deserves retirement. But I am no longer activly trying to persue music as a career ( rofl3.gif ) so can no longer see the need in spending 600, 800, 1000 for a new bass. I did however just spend $800 on a new computer so that I can play better games

QUOTE (Moonraker @ Dec 1 2004, 10:04 PM)

Same here, I am sorely in need of a new bass, my P-bass has put up with a lot of punishment and deserves retirement. But I am no longer activly trying to persue music as a career ( rofl3.gif ) so can no longer see the need in spending 600, 800, 1000 for a new bass. I did however just spend $800 on a new computer so that I can play better games

Now you can shoot for professional gamer!!! rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

QUOTE (Drumnut @ Dec 1 2004, 11:05 PM)

Lol, you're not too far off. I remember one summer I was absolutely enthralled in Everquest. Spent a good 20 hours a day (not an exageration) over the course of 2 1/2 months during the summer building my druid's level up. By the time I hit lvl 50, I knew I had to quit, so I sold it on ebay. I made $1450 off of that character, not bad for 2 1/2 months work at age 15. rofl3.gif

QUOTE (Moonraker @ Dec 1 2004, 11:21 PM)

Lol, you're not too far off. I remember one summer I was absolutely enthralled in Everquest. Spent a good 20 hours a day (not an exageration) over the course of 2 1/2 months during the summer building my druid's level up. By the time I hit lvl 50, I knew I had to quit, so I sold it on ebay. I made $1450 off of that character, not bad for 2 1/2 months work at age 15. rofl3.gif

Had the world outside changed to you after those 2 1/2 months? rofl3.gif

QUOTE (Drumnut @ Dec 1 2004, 11:36 PM)

Oh you bet, for year afterwards, 3Y3 k007|>3|\|4 $P3@|< 0|_|7$3Y3|>3 0|= h@><0rz $P3@|<

|>00|>!!!, 7h@7 |$ 1 |=@7 L3\/\/7!! Y0|_| r0><0rz!!!

Edited by Moonraker

QUOTE (Moonraker @ Dec 1 2004, 11:59 PM)
QUOTE (Drumnut @ Dec 1 2004, 11:36 PM)

Oh you bet, for year afterwards, 3Y3 k007|>3|\|4 $P3@|< 0|_|7$3Y3|>3 0|= h@><0rz $P3@|<

|>00|>!!!, 7h@7 |$ 1 |=@7 L3\/\/7!! Y0|_| r0><0rz!!!

icon_really_happy_guy.gif I know that feeling! icon_really_happy_guy.gif

QUOTE (Moonraker @ Dec 2 2004, 12:31 AM)
Personally, I have a soft spot for the Rickenbackers due to Geddy's early days.

That's me too Mooney. Not only that, I love the sound of the Rick - a friend of mine lent me his for a while and I fell in love with the feel and balance of the 4001 as well. In addition, I used to own an Aria CTB-2 which was quite a pleasure to play.

With regard to Fender/Squier basses, I'm fairly partial to the Jazz bass but not a fan of the Precision. I've found them to sound a little generic for my taste.

At the moment, I'm bassless but, hopefully, that may change soon.

QUOTE (thebagel @ Dec 1 2004, 07:48 PM)
i'm hoping to get a nice fretless bass. they have an interesting sound. i would also like a 5 string bass. a lot the the RHCP bass lines are on a 5 string.

no there not. I have never heard of flea playing a five string. I know cabron is with a capo and by the way is in drop d but other that that, I believe most is standard. check out live at slane castle, all on 4 string

I used to own a god-awful sounding ElDegas 4 stringer paired with an old Traynor B60 (now known as Yorkville). This particular paper-weight ran with a shoddy 15" woofer and dirty (and I mean filthy-gross) 60watts of "sound".... and I use the term loosely.

I like the sound of an ESP 305 personally but don't own one, (would be nice though) played a Fender Precission through High School which I didn't particularly care for but was nice and much newer than the "you-know-what".

Hating my ElDegas and Traynor amp I sold it as kindling. BIG MISTAKE! wacko.gif

At the present, I have no gear and make some time messing with the "toys" at my local music shop, dreaming about having those sweet, sweet items and perpetually kicking myself for dumping my old stuff. unsure.gif

I've always planned to get somethingto replace my gear... dbut we all know what that's like... the intention is there but nothing seems materialize... you know, that old chestnut. confused13.gif

Cheers!

KV.

well i havent had much experience with different brands of basses, i've only played a squier and an ibanez, and i own and ibanez.....i like the ibanez, its great, so i guess thats my favorite brand of bass biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Moonraker @ Dec 1 2004, 07:31 PM)
Personally, I have a soft spot for the Rickenbackers due to Geddy's early days and Squire's everydays. But until I can afford one, Fender is my weapon of choice.

I agree with you. I think Ricks sound stupendous, but they are like 15 hundred bucks. I like Jazz basses though. I like Jaco Pastorius's tone and his crunch that he gets out of it.

personally, i love Geddy's Fender Jazz (best sound in the world..that deep throaty growwwwl!! biggrin.gif )..then there's the Ric 4003, & there's a bass i really love but can't seem to find info on..does anybody know the exact type bass Geddy uses on Driven in RIR? confused13.gif

carolynn

ah beautiful thanks biggrin.gif

i forgot to mention..i'm currently on an ibanez..you know, the cheap kind your parents get you when they don't think you'll stick with something wink.gif but for the money, it actually sounds really nice & has super pickups. i'll be playing it til i'm a rock star..me & my bud figure that's when we'll get her Les Paul & my GL Fender Jazz. can't wait. tongue.gif

carolynn