Monty Python Thread

Bastille Night

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Sep 3 2008, 07:24 PM)
QUOTE (Lady April @ Sep 3 2008, 08:22 PM)
QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Sep 3 2008, 05:20 PM)
QUOTE (Lady April @ Sep 3 2008, 06:16 PM)
What kind of sick bullshit is this anyway?    z7shysterical.gif

http://www.thespoof.com/news/spoof.cfm?headline=s1i39919

I wouldn't go against my better judgement and vote for somebody just because her last name is Palin. There is no relation at all. This artical is embarrassing to to Michaels family name!  wacko.gif

Since that's a parody site I'll allow it, but please let's not get political in here. That's not directed solely at you, April, but at everyone.

Thanks.

P. S. April, go to Turn The Page. I found something for you. biggrin.gif

Just because it was spoofs site thats why I put it here cause I didn't think it would hurt. I know smile.gif

Please forgive me my OCD. wink.gif

Who am I to forgive YOU??? laugh.gif You're just doing your job smile.gif I posted on Diaries too! That was awesome!

<Wiping tears from eyes> I just finished watching Live At The Hollywood Bowl a little while ago. Now guess what I have on "repeat" in my head???

music.gif Sit on my face, and tell me that you love me. . . music.gif

QUOTE (Marathonist @ Sep 6 2008, 09:39 AM)
<Wiping tears from eyes> I just finished watching Live At The Hollywood Bowl a little while ago. Now guess what I have on "repeat" in my head???

music.gif Sit on my face, and tell me that you love me. . . music.gif

music.gif I love to hear you moralize when I'm between your thighs you blow me away! music.gif

rofl3.gif

I need to re-view The Adventures of Baron Munchausen. I loved this movie. Anyone else?

QUOTE (Marathonist @ Sep 7 2008, 07:06 PM)
I need to re-view The Adventures of Baron Munchausen. I loved this movie. Anyone else?

The Baron is Awesome!!! It is over the top, as any Gilliam movie laugh.gif , and my daughter made Eric Idle - er ...Berthold - her fave Python with this movie too 653.gif popcorn.gif

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Sep 10 2008, 03:15 PM)
I have no intention of making this a political "discussion". It's obvious, but I chuckled:

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee138/ReRushed/mccainpalin-button.jpg

It's really too bad that he's NOT on the ticket. Now we'll never get a Ministry Of Silly Walks at the national level. fists crying.gif

QUOTE (Marathonist @ Sep 10 2008, 03:22 PM)
I have no intention of making this a political "discussion".  It's obvious, but I chuckled:

It's really too bad that he's NOT on the ticket. Now we'll never get a Ministry Of Silly Walks at the national level. fists crying.gif

Sad he's on a Republican Button as those are not his political views. I wonder should this have been posted here. I had to post something else referring to Michael and this election, that was very funny I thought, in the SOCN section where no one gives a rats ass about Python related stuff. Nobody saw it and nobody posted on it. I wanted to post it here as I did bring it over here from Pythonline unsure.gif

QUOTE (Lady April @ Sep 11 2008, 07:52 AM)
I have no intention of making this a political "discussion".  It's obvious, but I chuckled:

Sad he's on a Republican Button as those are not his political views. I wonder should this have been posted here. I had to post something else referring to Michael and this election, that was very funny I thought, in the SOCN section where no one gives a rats ass about Python related stuff. Nobody saw it and nobody posted on it. I wanted to post it here as I did bring it over here from Pythonline unsure.gif

Surely. . .as long as we refrain from staing any obvious political opinions. . .it's OK.

QUOTE (Marathonist @ Sep 11 2008, 01:50 PM)

Surely. . .as long as we refrain from staing any obvious political opinions. . .it's OK.

z7shysterical.gif z7shysterical.gif z7shysterical.gif z7shysterical.gif

That button is great! spit6ph.gif

rofl3.gif Dude this is AWESOME!!!! Lerxty? Watch up buddy!!!

edited to say that the link was broken. I will find this it is very important tongue.gif

Edited by Lady April

QUOTE (Lady April @ Sep 23 2008, 09:46 PM)
rofl3.gif Dude this is AWESOME!!!! Lerxty? Watch up buddy!!! applaudit.gif 1022.gif

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/IU1tFYxMZlw&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/IU1tFYxMZlw&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

sad.gif the link is all fouled up

Here is the link! The right one. Sorry it took a couple days biggrin.gif This is soooo funny laugh.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IU1tFYxMZlw

New post from Michael Palin today!!!! 653.gif This is like a quarterly thing he does to fans registered with his site http://www.palinstravels.co.uk/

Eighty Days Revisited by Michael Palin on 25 September 2008 11:25am

I'm conscious, as ever, that a lot of water has flown under the bridge since my last message. Since then I've been working hard at an edit of my Diaries 1980 -1988 in time for publication next year, whilst watching Archie grow up and trying to come to terms with my identity theft by a hockey mum in Alaska. And no, Sarah Palin is not my sister, daughter or alias. And I'm Sahara Palin not Sarah.

After a grey old summer in London I'm about to set out for the heat again with some of the old team, on a new journey, currently called 80 Days Revisited, which will hopefully be shown as a one-hour special on BBC-1 around Christmas. At the same time Weidenfeld and Nicolson are publishing a new edition of Around The World In Eighty Days. Because some of the original pictures have gone missing in the twenty years since, we've trawled the archives and found some great new photographs and the book will be completely re-designed. I've written some new material, including a new preface and a short new chapter describing our return visit. So here, good and patient website friends, is the latest on the latest journey.

Eighty Days Revisited

A new look at an old adventure

In Eighty Days Revisited we may not be going back to the Reform Club or ballooning over the Rockies, but we will be returning to the scene of one of the best-remembered sequences of any of my travel adventures, the dhow journey From Dubai to Bombay, episode three of Around The World In Eighty Days. As we sailed agonisingly slowly down the Persian Gulf on board one of world's oldest surviving traditional sailing ships we formed a unique relationship with our Indian crew. Mutual incomprehension gradually gave way to friendship and affection, as we accepted the fact that our lives, and the success of our journey Around The World In Eighty Days was in the hands of this band of ragged, under-paid sailors from Gujerat.

After a week at sea together, I found our farewell at Bombay to be one of the most emotional moments on all of my travels. As I said on film at the time: "It's almost impossible to accept that I shall never see them again".

Well, twenty years after we waved each other good-bye in the crowded waters off Bombay I'm trying to prove that nothing is impossible by setting out on a search for the crew of the Al-Sharma.

With the same cameraman who shot the original dhow journey we shall re-visit Dubai and meet those who found us the dhow in the first place, and then on to Bombay, now Mumbai, to see if, in the intervening twenty years that great teeming city has changed in more than just name. From Mumbai we take the over-night train north and west to the little town on the Indian Ocean from where many of Al-Sharma's crew hailed.

What happens here is far from certain, but I'm hoping to make contact with as many as possible of my old ship-mates. If all goes well we'll renew a unique friendship by sitting down together to watch, marvel and laugh ourselves silly at our adventures of twenty years' ago, when, together, we made our slow but happy way from the Middle East to India.

This return journey, the first I've ever attempted, will be as much of a challenge as the originals. There are plenty of if's and but's on the way, but, for me, and hopefully for you, this promises to make Eighty Days Revisited all the more exciting.

Michael P, September 2008

653.gif common001.gif popcorn.gif popcorn.gif popcorn.gif

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Sep 25 2008, 05:54 PM)
QUOTE (Lady April @ Sep 25 2008, 10:39 AM)
Here is the link! The right one. Sorry it took a couple days  biggrin.gif This is soooo funny laugh.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IU1tFYxMZlw

That is fantatsic.

It really is. John is just so dam funny and sometimes I tend to think, when watching Towers in particular, that he is inhuman in how he does it. That particular song just made those clips so worth it for me the other day laugh.gif

QUOTE (Marathonist @ Sep 11 2008, 02:50 PM)

Yeah, that.

As the proud new owner of the 16 ton megaset, I'll finally have full exposure to all that was Python. Sadly, I must admit that I had seen most but not all of the original ep's or skits.

"Photographs, he asked him knowingly! Wink, wink! Ring, ring! Snap, snap! Nudge, nudge!"

QUOTE (Arndrake @ Sep 26 2008, 03:43 AM)
As the proud new owner of the 16 ton megaset, I'll finally have full exposure to all that was Python. Sadly, I must admit that I had seen most but not all of the original ep's or skits.

"Photographs, he asked him knowingly! Wink, wink! Ring, ring! Snap, snap! Nudge, nudge!"

I got the 16 Toner for Xmas last year and Until I popped in that first DVD All I'd had were all the Python movies and fond memories of the days when PBS used to air the Circus episodes biggrin.gif

Those were good memories wub.gif

QUOTE (Lady April @ Sep 26 2008, 08:48 AM)
QUOTE (Arndrake @ Sep 26 2008, 03:43 AM)

I got the 16 Toner for Xmas last year and Until I popped in that first DVD All I'd had were all the Python movies and fond memories of the days when PBS used to air the Circus episodes biggrin.gif

Those were good memories wub.gif

I still remember when I bought the 16ton MegaSet. biggrin.gif I really couldnt afford it and decided to spoil myself anyway. biggrin.gif

laugh.gif Python Ad's rofl3.gif

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k244/LadyApril_2006/Palintology%20III/Scannen0006preview1.jpg

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k244/LadyApril_2006/Palintology%20III/vlcsnap-59901_0preview1.jpg

wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif popcorn.gif

QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ Sep 28 2008, 02:53 PM)
So a theatre downtown is playing Monty Python Life of Brian tonight. So Im going with a friend to see it at 7pm tonight! biggrin.gif popcorn.gif

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k244/LadyApril_2006/Palintology%20III/LIFE20OF20BRIAN20poster1.jpg

Sweet! tongue.gif popcorn.gif