Monty Python Thread

Bastille Night

QUOTE (Lady April @ Apr 14 2008, 07:18 PM)
QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Apr 14 2008, 07:04 PM)
Who remembers...

The Funniest Joke In The World?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvj1QGqfQyg

I love that sketch!!! I wish we could actually find out what it is though laugh.gif unsure.gif

This sketch always gets me rolling. From the beginning to the end... its peanuts! Oh an one was a salted...peanut.

z7shysterical.gif z7shysterical.gif

Edited by Ya_Big_Tree

QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ Apr 14 2008, 10:23 PM)
QUOTE (Lady April @ Apr 14 2008, 07:18 PM)
QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Apr 14 2008, 07:04 PM)
Who remembers...

The Funniest Joke In The World?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvj1QGqfQyg

I love that sketch!!! I wish we could actually find out what it is though laugh.gif unsure.gif

This sketch always gets me rolling. From the beginning to the end... its peanuts! Oh an one was a salted...peanut.

Squaaaaaaaaaaaaad. Tellllll joke!

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Apr 14 2008, 09:13 PM)
More brilliant Michael.

I know this has been posted before (probably), but here again Michael:

Homicidal Barber + Lunberjack song!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xToPCaNxaow

Yeah if I were Terry and I walked on that barber I would have gotten the hell outta there! I love when he puts the tape recorder behind him with the small talk and snip snip sounds. z7shysterical.gif

A dialogue between John Cleese and Mother Teresa via Fish Slapping.

By Michael Palin (covering his ass that he, Michael, is in fact not "nice" at all) rofl3.gif

"Hallo, Mother Teresa. I'm John Cleese. I'm playing the one who is supposed to knock you into the canal with an halibut..."

"Oh yez, you are my favourite. Your silly wanks skit is very good. You should one day write a series about a man who keeps a hotel and hits people who are Spanish."

"Well, that's frightfully kind of you, I may do that, Mother Teresa."

"I think hitting Spanish people is very funny..."

"Yes, well, super. Which actually brings me on to..."

"You are going to hit me today, I think..."

"Well, I've been thinking about it a bit and er... I don't think it's very funny after all. I think it would be better if I gave you an Award For Services To Humanity."

"No, hit me..."

"I'm afraid I have too much admiration for you, Mother...may I call you 'Mother?'"

"Hit me, you stupid sod. What are people going to think if I put on a pith helmet and do a silly little dance and flick you lightly round the ears with a pair of pilchards and then you give me an Award For Services To Humanity? Where's the joke in that, dickhead?"

"It's just that hitting an old lady is not a nice thing to do..."

"Oh, bollocks! If it were Terry Jones dressed as an old lady you'd knock him off the Eiffel Tower!"

"Look, I'm sorry you feel that way, Mother, but..."

"You are a great disappointment to me, Mr. Cleese."

"Well, you're a wonderful person and I'm not worthy.."

"Piss off, you old tart. Get me that Michael Palin. He'd hit me with a halibut."

"I don't think he would, Mother. He's the nice Python."

"Nice? Him?! He's a right little bastard. I sent him a letter once asking to be President of Poppadums for Christ and he told me to go and jump in the Bay of Bengal."

z7shysterical.gif applaudit.gif fing.gif wub.gif

edited to add this that I forgot at the bottom of the page laugh.gif

NICE PYTHON UPDATE:

John Cleese - exceptionally nice

Eric Idle - voted "Nicest Man In His Part Of The World, 1957"

Terry Gilliam - Absolute sweetie

Graham Chapman - Heavenly

Terry Jones - Terminally nice

Michael Palin - Abominably rude, lying, untrustworthy, decadent, hypocritical, cheese-eating delinquent from hell.

Edited by Lady April

QUOTE (Lady April @ Apr 16 2008, 09:41 AM)
A dialogue between John Cleese and Mother Teresa via Fish Slapping.
By Michael Palin (covering his ass that he, Michael, is in fact not "nice" at all) rofl3.gif

"Hallo, Mother Teresa. I'm John Cleese. I'm playing the one who is supposed to knock you into the canal with an halibut..."
"Oh yez, you are my favourite. Your silly wanks skit is very good. You should one day write a series about a man who keeps a hotel and hits people who are Spanish."
"Well, that's frightfully kind of you, I may do that, Mother Teresa."
"I think hitting Spanish people is very funny..."
"Yes, well, super. Which actually brings me on to..."
"You are going to hit me today, I think..."
"Well, I've been thinking about it a bit and er... I don't think it's very funny after all. I think it would be better if I gave you an Award For Services To Humanity."
"No, hit me..."
"I'm afraid I have too much admiration for you, Mother...may I call you 'Mother?'"
"Hit me, you stupid sod. What are people going to think if I put on a pith helmet and do a silly little dance and flick you lightly round the ears with a pair of pilchards and then you give me an Award For Services To Humanity? Where's the joke in that, dickhead?"
"It's just that hitting an old lady is not a nice thing to do..."
"Oh, bollocks! If it were Terry Jones dressed as an old lady you'd knock him off the Eiffel Tower!"
"Look, I'm sorry you feel that way, Mother, but..."
"You are a great disappointment to me, Mr. Cleese."
"Well, you're a wonderful person and I'm not worthy.."
"Piss off, you old tart. Get me that Michael Palin. He'd hit me with a halibut."
"I don't think he would, Mother. He's the nice Python."
"Nice? Him?! He's a right little bastard. I sent him a letter once asking to be President of Poppadums for Christ and he told me to go and jump in the Bay of Bengal."

z7shysterical.gif applaudit.gif fing.gif wub.gif

edited to add this that I forgot at the bottom of the page laugh.gif

NICE PYTHON UPDATE:

John Cleese - exceptionally nice
Eric Idle - voted "Nicest Man In His Part Of The World, 1957"
Terry Gilliam - Absolute sweetie
Graham Chapman - Heavenly
Terry Jones - Terminally nice
Michael Palin - Abominably rude, lying, untrustworthy, decadent, hypocritical, cheese-eating delinquent from hell.

That was brilliant! biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Angua @ Apr 16 2008, 12:09 PM)
I'm predictable and love the parrot sketch and the upper class twit of the year. I owned vinyl recordings of python (when I had a turntable).

laugh.gif S'ok I also like Upperclass Twit and Ken Shabby, I don't own ANY of the albums banghead.gif so you are cool in my book biggrin.gif

rofl3.gif z7shysterical.gif John Cleese, dude, bless his heart! laugh.gif

December 2004 variant of 'Notice of Revocation of Independence' purportedly authored by John Cleese

To the citizens of the United States of America, in the light of your failure to elect a competent President of the USA and thus to govern yourselves, we hereby give notice of the revocation of your independence, effective today.

Her Sovereign Majesty Queen Elizabeth II will resume monarchical duties over all states, commonwealths and other territories. Except Utah, which she does not fancy. Your new prime minister (The Right Honourable Tony Blair, MP for the 97.85% of you who have until now been unaware that there is a world outside your borders) will appoint a minister for America without the need for further elections. Congress and the Senate will be disbanded. A questionnaire will be circulated next year to determine whether any of you noticed. To aid in the transition to a British Crown Dependency, the following rules are introduced with immediate effect:

1. You should look up revocation in the Oxford English Dictionary. Then look up aluminium. Check the pronunciation guide. You will be amazed at just how wrongly you have been pronouncing it. The letter 'U' will be reinstated in words such as 'favour' and 'neighbour', skipping the letter 'U' is nothing more than laziness on your part. Likewise, you will learn to spell 'doughnut' without skipping half the letters. You will end your love affair with the letter 'Z' (pronounced 'zed' not 'zee') and the suffix ize will be replaced by the suffix ise. You will learn that the suffix 'burgh' is pronounced 'burra' e.g. Edinburgh. You are welcome to respell Pittsburgh as 'Pittsberg' if you can't cope with correct pronunciation.

Generally, you should raise your vocabulary to acceptable levels. Look up vocabulary. Using the same twenty seven words interspersed with filler noises such as "like" and "you know" is an unacceptable and inefficient form of communication. Look up interspersed. There will be no more 'bleeps' in the Jerry Springer show. If you're not old enough to cope with bad language then you shouldn't have chat shows. When you learn to develop your vocabulary then you won't have to use bad language as often.

2. There is no such thing as "US English". We will let Microsoft know on your behalf. The Microsoft spell-checker will be adjusted to take account of the reinstated letter 'u' and the elimination of -ize.

3. You should learn to distinguish the English and Australian accents. It really isn't that hard. English accents are not limited to cockney,upper-class twit or Mancunian (Daphne in Frasier). You will also have to learn how to understand regional accents - Scottish dramas such as Taggart will no longer be broadcast with subtitles. While we're talking about regions, you must learn that there is no such place as Devonshire in England. The name of the county is Devon. If you persist in calling it Devonshire, all American States will become shires e.g. Texasshire, Floridashire, Louisianashire.

4. Hollywood will be required occasionally to cast English actors as the good guys. Hollywood will be required to cast English actors to play English characters. British sit-coms such as Men Behaving Badly or Red Dwarf will not be re-cast and watered down for a wishy-washy American audience who can't cope with the humour of occasional political incorrectness.

5. You should relearn your original national anthem, God Save The Queen but only after fully carrying out task 1. We would not want you to get confused and give up half way through.

6. You should stop playing American football. There is only one kind of football. What you refer to as American football is not a very good game. The 2.15% of you who are aware that there is a world outside your borders may have noticed that no one else plays American football. You will no longer be allowed to play it, and should instead play proper football. Initially, it would be best if you played with the girls. It is a difficult game. Those of you brave enough will, in time, be allowed to play rugby (which is similar to American "football", but does not involve stopping for a rest every twenty seconds or wearing full kevlar body armour like nancies). We are hoping to get together at least a US Rugby sevens side by 2005. You should stop playing baseball. It is not reasonable to host an event called the 'World Series' for a game which is not played outside of America. Since only 2.15% of you are aware that there is a world beyond your borders,your error is understandable. Instead of baseball, you will be allowed to play a girls' game called rounders, which is baseball without fancy team strip, oversized gloves, collector cards or hotdogs.

7. You will no longer be allowed to own or carry guns. You will no longer be allowed to own or carry anything more dangerous in public than a vegetable peeler. Because we don't believe you are sensible enough to handle potentially dangerous items, you will require a permit if you wish to carry a vegetable peeler in public.

8. July 4th is no longer a public holiday. November 2nd will be a new national holiday, but only in England. It will be called Indecisive Day.

9. All American cars are hereby banned. They are crap and it is for your own good. When we show you German cars, you will understand what we mean. All road intersections will be replaced with roundabouts. You will start driving on the left with immediate effect. At the same time,you will go metric with immediate effect and conversion tables. Roundabouts and metrication will help you understand the British sense of humour.

10. You will learn to make real chips. Those things you call French fries are not real chips. Fries aren't even French, they are Belgian though 97.85% of you (including the guy who discovered fries while in Europe) are not aware of a country called Belgium. Those things you insist on calling potato chips are properly called crisps. Real chips are thick cut and fried in animal fat. The traditional accompaniment to chips is beer which should be served warm and flat. Waitresses will be trained to be more aggressive with customers.

11. As a sign of penance 5 grams of sea salt per cup will be added to all tea made within the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, this quantity to be doubled for tea made within the city of Boston itself.

12. The cold tasteless stuff you insist on calling beer is not actually beer at all, it is lager. From November 1st only proper British Bitter will be referred to as beer,and European brews of known and accepted provenance will be referred to as Lager. The substances formerly known as American Beer will henceforth be referred to as Near-Frozen Knat's Urine,with the exception of the product of the American Budweiser company whose product will be referred to as Weak Near-Frozen Knat's Urine. This will allow true Budweiser (as manufactured for the last 1000 years in Pilsen,Czech Republic) to be sold without risk of confusion.

13. From November 10th the UK will harmonise petrol (or Gasoline, as you will be permitted to keep calling it until April 1st 2005) prices with the former USA. The UK will harmonise its prices to those of the former USA and the Former USA will, in return, adopt UK petrol prices (roughly $6/US gallon- get used to it).

14. You will learn to resolve personal issues without using guns, lawyers or therapists. The fact that you need so many lawyers and therapists shows that you're not adult enough to be independent. Guns should only be handled by adults. If you're not adult enough to sort things out without suing someone or speaking to a therapist then you're not grown up enough to handle a gun.

15. Please tell us who killed JFK. It's been driving us crazy.

16. Tax collectors from Her Majesty's Government will be with you shortly to ensure the acquisition of all revenues due (backdated to 1776).

Thank you for your co-operation and have a great day.

John Cleese

z7shysterical.gif icon_really_happy_guy.gif applaudit.gif

That was great find LA! It reminded me of this

I'm losing patience with my neighbours, Mr Bush

Terry Jones

The Observer, Sunday January 26 2003

I'm really excited by George Bush's latest reason for bombing Iraq: he's running out of patience. And so am I!

For some time now I've been really pissed off with Mr Johnson, who lives a couple of doors down the street. Well, him and Mr Patel, who runs the health food shop. They both give me queer looks, and I'm sure Mr Johnson is planning something nasty for me, but so far I haven't been able to discover what. I've been round to his place a few times to see what he's up to, but he's got everything well hidden. That's how devious he is.

As for Mr Patel, don't ask me how I know, I just know - from very good sources - that he is, in reality, a Mass Murderer. I have leafleted the street telling them that if we don't act first, he'll pick us off one by one.

Some of my neighbours say, if I've got proof, why don't I go to the police? But that's simply ridiculous. The police will say that they need evidence of a crime with which to charge my neighbours.

They'll come up with endless red tape and quibbling about the rights and wrongs of a pre-emptive strike and all the while Mr Johnson will be finalising his plans to do terrible things to me, while Mr Patel will be secretly murdering people. Since I'm the only one in the street with a decent range of automatic firearms, I reckon it's up to me to keep the peace. But until recently that's been a little difficult. Now, however, George W. Bush has made it clear that all I need to do is run out of patience, and then I can wade in and do whatever I want!

And let's face it, Mr Bush's carefully thought-out policy towards Iraq is the only way to bring about international peace and security. The one certain way to stop Muslim fundamentalist suicide bombers targeting the US or the UK is to bomb a few Muslim countries that have never threatened us.

That's why I want to blow up Mr Johnson's garage and kill his wife and children. Strike first! That'll teach him a lesson. Then he'll leave us in peace and stop peering at me in that totally unacceptable way.

Mr Bush makes it clear that all he needs to know before bombing Iraq is that Saddam is a really nasty man and that he has weapons of mass destruction - even if no one can find them. I'm certain I've just as much justification for killing Mr Johnson's wife and children as Mr Bush has for bombing Iraq.

Mr Bush's long-term aim is to make the world a safer place by eliminating 'rogue states' and 'terrorism'. It's such a clever long-term aim because how can you ever know when you've achieved it? How will Mr Bush know when he's wiped out all terrorists? When every single terrorist is dead? But then a terrorist is only a terrorist once he's committed an act of terror. What about would-be terrorists? These are the ones you really want to eliminate, since most of the known terrorists, being suicide bombers, have already eliminated themselves.

Perhaps Mr Bush needs to wipe out everyone who could possibly be a future terrorist? Maybe he can't be sure he's achieved his objective until every Muslim fundamentalist is dead? But then some moderate Muslims might convert to fundamentalism. Maybe the only really safe thing to do would be for Mr Bush to eliminate all Muslims?

It's the same in my street. Mr Johnson and Mr Patel are just the tip of the iceberg. There are dozens of other people in the street who I don't like and who - quite frankly - look at me in odd ways. No one will be really safe until I've wiped them all out.

My wife says I might be going too far but I tell her I'm simply using the same logic as the President of the United States. That shuts her up.

Like Mr Bush, I've run out of patience, and if that's a good enough reason for the President, it's good enough for me. I'm going to give the whole street two weeks - no, 10 days - to come out in the open and hand over all aliens and interplanetary hijackers, galactic outlaws and interstellar terrorist masterminds, and if they don't hand them over nicely and say 'Thank you', I'm going to bomb the entire street to kingdom come.

It's just as sane as what George W. Bush is proposing - and, in contrast to what he's intending, my policy will destroy only one street

By: Terry Jones

laugh.gif applaudit.gif Well said

Edited by Ya_Big_Tree

Just thought i'd bring this back from 2004 on page 3 of this thread. Where the hell is this guy who bears the member title of Raymond Luxery Yacht unsure.gif He must come back to this thread!!!

Anyhoo, here is the interesting Python tale from the absent afansince74 smile.gif

I knew the second I saw this thread I shouldn't even come in here and now look....

A brief (not as brief as I thought) story:

My best friend since high school in 1976, Doug, died 7 years ago. LONG story short, his widow is my wife now. Anyway, he and I were always the biggest Rush fans in our school and were also two of the biggest Monty Python nuts around. In college they showed a midnight showing of "Holy Grail" in the local theater on the weekends and we'd see it at least once EVERY single weekend! While we were both married to our first wives and had moved apart, we'd recite dialog lines back and forth on the phone everytime we talked. The fisrt time his wife and I spent any time together was on a kneeler in front of his open casket just after his Rosary.

(A side note: I worked as a Mortician for about 5 years in the mid 80's and even got Doug to work there for a year, so I'm a little more at-ease around dead people than most "normal folk".... but I digress....)

Anyway, I was up there on the kneeler with Doug's widow, together with his immediate family sitting behind us in the first pew, just talking about Doug, embalming, funerals, laughing, crying, you know. Anywho, I just instinctivly and unintensionally blurted out "I'm not dead", to which, without missing a beat, my now-wife says "I don't want to go in the cart!" I can't tell you how hillarious that moment was! We sat there for 10 minutes just reciting that part of the movie and laughing our a**es off! Her family had no idea what the he** was going on until later that night. It was great. I know Doug was cracking up too!

And for those of you who don't know why any of this is funny, here's most all of scene 2 in it's glorious entirety (even though it's just not the same in print):

MORTICIAN: Bring out your dead!

**clang**(bangs a small gong)

Bring out your dead!

**clang**

Bring out your dead!

CUSTOMER: Here's one -- nine pence.

DEAD PERSON: I'm not dead!

MORTICIAN: What?

CUSTOMER: Nothing -- here's your nine pence.

DEAD PERSON: I'm not dead!

MORTICIAN: Here -- he says he's not dead!

CUSTOMER: Yes, he is.

DEAD PERSON: I'm not!

MORTICIAN: He isn't.

CUSTOMER: Well, he will be soon, he's very ill.

DEAD PERSON: I'm getting better!

CUSTOMER: No, you're not -- you'll be stone dead in a moment.

MORTICIAN: Oh, I can't take him like that -- it's against regulations.

DEAD PERSON: I don't want to go in the cart!

CUSTOMER: Oh, don't be such a baby.

MORTICIAN: I can't take him...

DEAD PERSON: I feel fine!

CUSTOMER: Oh, do us a favor...

MORTICIAN: I can't.

CUSTOMER: Well, can you hang around a couple of minutes? He won't be long.

MORTICIAN: Naaah, I got to go on to Robinson's -- they've lost nine today.

CUSTOMER: Well, when is your next round?

MORTICIAN: Thursday.

DEAD PERSON: I think I'll go for a walk.

CUSTOMER: You're not fooling anyone y'know. Look, isn't there something you can do?

DEAD PERSON: I feel happy... I feel happy.

**whop**(the mortician hits the "dead person" in the head with a club)

CUSTOMER: Ah, thanks very much.

MORTICIAN: Not at all. See you on Thursday.

CUSTOMER: Right.

laugh.gif I've been listening to the CD that comes in the Holy Grail 3 disc deal. The album in support of The Holy Grail they put out back in the day. Man! Some funny ass goods right there. Constantly goes way off topic of the movie. Very happy with this particular B-day present! smile.gif

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k244/LadyApril_2006/Pythonology%20and%20Palintology/P4010124.jpg

trink39.gif

Biggus Dikkus! I am curious what Incontinentia Buttock would look like had she actually been a person unsure.gif At least in the Holy Grail extra shit we got to see Pontius Pilates wife rofl3.gif

Graham smile.gif rose.gif

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k244/LadyApril_2006/Pythonology%20and%20Palintology/P4010151.jpg

QUOTE (Lady April @ Apr 21 2008, 09:50 AM)
Biggus Dikkus! I am curious what Incontinentia Buttock would look like had she actually been a person unsure.gif At least in the Holy Grail extra shit we got to see Pontius Pilates wife rofl3.gif
Graham smile.gif rose.gif

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k244/LadyApril_2006/Pythonology%20and%20Palintology/P4010151.jpg

I love that pic of Jonesy... his shirt says Jones Fine Brew. biggrin.gif That Biggus Dickuss scene is too funny for words! z7shysterical.gif Oh I love yuour new avatar April... Ken Shabby! z7shysterical.gif z7shysterical.gif

QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ Apr 21 2008, 10:31 AM)
Biggus Dikkus! I am curious what Incontinentia Buttock would look like had she actually been a person  unsure.gif  At least in the Holy Grail extra shit we got to see Pontius Pilates wife  rofl3.gif
Graham  smile.gif  rose.gif

I love that pic of Jonesy... his shirt says Jones Fine Brew. biggrin.gif That Biggus Dickuss scene is too funny for words! z7shysterical.gif Oh I love yuour new avatar April... Ken Shabby! z7shysterical.gif z7shysterical.gif

Hey did you know that Terry actually brewed beer for a minute but Michael said in his book that when he tried it it tasted like crap and gave him gas something fierce rofl3.gif

Penrhos was actually an investment sort of that Terry was involved in and the shirt is actually an advertisment for his beer.

Edited by Lady April

QUOTE (Lady April @ Apr 21 2008, 10:36 AM)
Biggus Dikkus! I am curious what Incontinentia Buttock would look like had she actually been a person  unsure.gif  At least in the Holy Grail extra shit we got to see Pontius Pilates wife  rofl3.gif

Hey did you know that Terry actually brewed beer for a minute but Michael said in his book that when he tried it it tasted like crap and gave him gas something fierce rofl3.gif

Penrhos was actually an investment sort of that Terry was involved in and the shirt is actually an advertisment for his beer.

Yes I did know that. He is an amateur brewery owner. biggrin.gif I didnt know his beer was THAT bad though! z7shysterical.gif z7shysterical.gif Well at least it got him drunk, everything else is just decoration. What did he tell Terry about the beer... you know seeing as he is like the nicest guy in the world.

QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ Apr 21 2008, 10:58 AM)

Yes I did know that. He is an amateur brewery owner. biggrin.gif I didnt know his beer was THAT bad though! z7shysterical.gif z7shysterical.gif Well at least it got him drunk, everything else is just decoration. What did he tell Terry about the beer... you know seeing as he is like the nicest guy in the world.

Prolly nuthin' rofl3.gif z7shysterical.gif z7shysterical.gif icon_really_happy_guy.gif moon.gif

QUOTE (Lady April @ Apr 21 2008, 11:14 AM)

Prolly nuthin' rofl3.gif z7shysterical.gif z7shysterical.gif icon_really_happy_guy.gif moon.gif

Yeah prolly. Especially if Jonesy thought it was good. z7shysterical.gif I have a few friends who brew their own beer and its usually quite strong, but I like strong beer. Beer is hard to brew, takes a few trial and errors.

QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ Apr 21 2008, 01:24 PM)

Yeah prolly. Especially if Jonesy thought it was good. z7shysterical.gif I have a few friends who brew their own beer and its usually quite strong, but I like strong beer. Beer is hard to brew, takes a few trial and errors.

Lithsping Biggus Dickus common001.gif

QUOTE (Lady April @ Apr 21 2008, 08:01 PM)
QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ Apr 21 2008, 01:24 PM)

Lithsping Biggus Dickus common001.gif

Pure brilliance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPGb4STRfKw