Monty Python Thread

Bastille Night

Oh, this is futile!!

No it isn't!

I came here for a good argument!

No you didn't, no, you came here for an argument!

An argument isn't just contradiction.

.......Can be!

No it can't! An argument is a connected series of statements intended to establish a proposition.

No it isn't!

Yes it is! It isn't just contradiction.

Look, if I argue with you, I must take up a contrary position!

Yes but that's not just saying "no it isn't".

Yes it is!

No it isn't! Argument is an intellectual process. Contradiction is just the automatic gainsaying of any statement the other person makes.

No it isn't.

Yes it is!

I did watch Python a lot when in my teens...probably the second showing of the series' on TV. It all seems to have taken off again now as the films are available on DVD and everyone is talking about it all again.

One sketch that really had me in stitches, but only saw once was 'the washing machine repair man" sketch. I can remember this line of repair men dressed in brown overalls queuing outside the house waiting to do 'his bit' of the repair. rofl3.gif

QUOTE (happysmiles007 @ Jan 29 2005, 12:20 PM)
DINSDALE!!!!!

tongue.gif

carolynn

Interviewer: But the police have film of Dinsdale actually nailing your head to the floor.

Stig: (pause) Oh yeah, he did that.

Interviewer: Why?

Stig: Well he had to, didn't he? I mean there was nothing else he could do, be fair. I had transgressed the unwritten law.

Interviewer: What had you done?

Stig: Er... well he didn't tell me that, but he gave me his word that it was the case, and that's good enough for me with old Dinsy. I mean, he didn't *want* to nail my head to the floor. I had to insist. He wanted to let me off. He'd do anything for you, Dinsdale would.