Monty Python Thread

Bastille Night

Just ran across a review of the musical "Spamalot" with some pictures too...

http://www.pythonland.com/

I noticed this too, Jack, the last item on the bottom of the page at the above link, they talk about the limited edition spam cans and they say they're gonna be available in limited quantities at "select NYC retailers and the Shubert Theatre."

QUOTE (Sodoff Baldrick @ Feb 14 2005, 10:53 AM)
Vocational guidance counselor...
Vocational guidance counselor...
Vocational guidance counseloooooooooooooooooooooor...

I'm fed up with accounting. I want to be a lion tamer!

QUOTE (afansince74 @ Feb 14 2005, 08:32 PM)
Just ran across a review of the musical "Spamalot" with some pictures too...

http://www.pythonland.com/

I noticed this too, Jack, the last item on the bottom of the page at the above link, they talk about the limited edition spam cans and they say they're gonna be available in limited quantities at "select NYC retailers and the Shubert Theatre."

My sis saw it in Chicago. Laughed her ass off.

But don't you think that's a bit of a jump, accounting to lion taming in one go? Why not start off with something a little less dangerous like banking?

Listen, lad. I've built this kingdom up from nothing. When I started here, all there was was swamp. All the kings said I was daft to build a castle in a swamp, but I built it all the same, just to show 'em. It sank into the swamp. So, I built a second one. That sank into the swamp. So I built a third one. That burned down, fell over, then sank into the swamp. But the fourth one stayed up. An' that's what your gonna get, lad -- the strongest castle in these islands.

Now listen lad, in twenty minutes you're getting married to a girl whose father owns the biggest tracts of open land in Britain.

But I don't want land.

Listen, Alex,--

Herbert.

Herbert. We live in a bloody swamp. We need all the land we can get.

But I don't like her.

rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

QUOTE (Sark @ Feb 17 2005, 09:01 AM)
Don't like her? What's wrong with her? She's beautiful, she's rich, she's got huge.... tracts of land!

I know, but I want the girl that I marry to have a certain special something....(cue music) Cut that out! Cut that out! Look, your marryin' Princess Lucky, so you better get used to the idea! (Slap!)

QUOTE (MagicWand @ Feb 21 2005, 10:01 PM)
afs74 says your gonna love it, especially the special features. hes telling me to tell you to watch it at least once with the audio commentary on. BTW, Im his wife. biggrin.gif

I've seen it hundreds of times already and I still laugh everytime I watch it...

ME TOO!!! I know it's coming... I know what they're gonna say, word for word, and I'm STILL laughing... even befoer the scene starts!!!

But have you ever seen it while listening to the audio commentary, specifically the one with Jones/Gilliam 'narrating' the movie? If you've haven't, I know you will enjoy it Kazz!

Quickly sir come this way! No, it's not right for my idium I must escape more (sigh.) Dramatically sir? Dramatically! Hiya! ( Excuse me could someone give me a push please?)