Rate Your Trekkieness...

mfratt

How much of a Trekkie are you?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. How much of a Trekkie are you?

• 5 - I spent a half million on an original Enterprise model
    • 4 - I go to Star Trek conventions (or would like to go)
    • 3 - I know enough about the show to scare some people.
    • 2 - Yea I watch it from time to time
    • 1 - Star Trek....meh
    • 0 - Isn't that the one with Han Solo?
    • -1 - I hate Star Trek and everything surrounding it.

I'm interested to see how many Trekkies (or Trekkers, if you prefer) are here. I myself am in the 3rd group.

Edit: I just realized that #4 should also include "Or I would be willing to go to..."

I'm some where between 3 and 4.....

The only thing keeping me from level 4 is that I have never actually attended a convention... although I have wanted to for several years now (with patents and money holding me back)

I know more then enough about the show to scare 'normies' laugh.gif

I am a self proclaimed trekkie... always have been, always will be.

QUOTE (rushengal @ Mar 11 2007, 09:34 PM)
I'm some where between 3 and 4.....
The only thing keeping me from level 4 is that I have never actually attended a convention... although I have wanted to for several years now (with patents and money holding me back)

Er...can't edit the poll, but #4 should have probably included the "(or I would go to)".

I love the TNG series and Voyager was pretty good. I think Kate Mulgrew was born for that part. Why they initially went with Genevieve Bujold is beyond me.

I love all the movies, some more than others of course. But I can't stand the original series, I think it was cheesy.

I never could get into DS9 though and have only seen a few episodes. I also haven't seen much of the Enterprise series though I'm planning on buying the DVD sets if I can get a good price for them on ebay or something.

I am #3 however if I had the money I would go to conventions and dress up. Love Star Trek. I agree too about Kate Mulgrew, ash is amazing. I wish they would come out with the Voyager cast in a movie. *sigh*

I picked 3.

I'm a major Trekkie, but I stop just short of action figures, costumes and conventions.

Still, I love every series they did, and I believe it's made for the very best television of all time.

The Star Trek universe is an amazing, visionary creation. yes.gif

applaudit.gif applaudit.gif applaudit.gif

Ok I have been to two convention but I have never wore a costume or anything.

And both times I was talked into going once with my former brother in-law because he was too young to go himself and the other with a friend so he could get Kirk to sign a Comic. I did meet the Professor from Gilligan's Island at that one but he really got upset when I kept asking him how to make stuff out of coconuts.

So I guess I am a Four really a three and 3/4

I picked 3. I loved the original series. I remember watching it as a kid and then when Wrath of Khan came out I really became a fan.

I also loved TNG when it was on, and tried very hard to get into DS9, but Voyager and Enterprise kind of washed over me. I enjoyed them when I watched them but I don't think I could name an episode from either, apart from the pilots.

I grew up watching the original series, And enjoyed all the rest too, The first was the best IMO. It's dissapointing to see the series with scott bakula get killed off, shame sad.gif

Have any of you checked this site out Star trek - New Voyages

You'll want to d/l In Harm's Way It follows on from the kirk encounter with...............Well, I'll leave that for you to watch, But they had the use of the original star trek props, And it's home made, but looks the part too, Great story line aswell

http://img410.imageshack.us/img410/4962/starfleet057warg7.gif

I was hovering between 2 and 3. My favorite series being DS9. Three episodes that REALLY showcase DS9 are:

The Wire

Far Beyond the Stars

In the Pale Moonlight

Voyager I felt was wrecked in the writing process. I LOVED Kate Mulgrew as captain. I felt she could go from stern to compassionate very well.

One of the most common complaints I hear about Kate is (HER VOICE!). Sound like a familiar comment?! LOL!

I picked 3. I've seen all of the original series episodes multiple times and love it for it's cheesiness. I've only seen some of TNG & Voyager and liked a few of those. What little I've seen of DS9 I didn't enjoy and I've never seen Enterprise. And let's face it, most of the movies sucked big time.

QUOTE (LaVilla @ Mar 13 2007, 01:34 AM)
QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Mar 12 2007, 04:29 PM)
And let's face it, most of the movies sucked big time.

Wadda ya mean, You didnt like the one with the whales gettin' rescued rofl3.gif

laugh.gif

I liked 3 of the 10 ST flicks. That whale one isn't 1 of the 3

-1. 'Star Wars' is much better. I've said this before and I'll say it again: the best 'Star Trek' movie ever made is 'Galaxy Quest'.

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Mar 12 2007, 04:33 AM)
QUOTE (mfratt @ Mar 11 2007, 09:15 PM)
Edit: I just realized that #4 should also include "Or I would be willing to go to..."

Added. cool.gif

mucho thanks, appreciate it.

Anywho, to those of you voting -1, any particular reasons?

Archived