Arcade Fire Neon Bible

Milton Bridge

Any one else looking forward to this coming out.

I have been listening to it all week on NME.com it must be up there for album of the year (okay I know there are other anticpated ones out this year).

NME NEON BIBLE

I've been listening to this for a month or so, since it leaked. Snakes & Arrows is going to have to work damn hard to beat it for Album of the Year. I was so worried that they were going to choke on the pressure of making an album that could follow up Funeral, but they actually made an even better one.

I must also add that I somehow scored floor tickets before they sold out, to see them over Memorial Day weekend here in Portland.

I'm listening to it for the first time now. It's good, but I'm on the seventh track ("The Well and the Lighthouse") and I haven't encountered anything that has blown me away yet. I don't think Marillion, Porcupine Tree, Rush, or Kan'Nal will have much trouble surpassing it, and IMHO, The Besnard Lakes already have.

QUOTE (Mandalorian Hunter @ Mar 3 2007, 01:58 PM)
My copy just came through today, i decided to buy the limited edition, which comes in a nice box, with, wait for it.....FLICKBOOKS!!!

How cool is that?

The music lives up to the flickbooks aswell.

I'm buying this version on Tuesday fo sho.

QUOTE (PuppetKing2112 @ Mar 3 2007, 11:11 PM)
QUOTE (Mandalorian Hunter @ Mar 3 2007, 01:58 PM)
My copy just came through today, i decided to buy the limited edition, which comes in a nice box, with, wait for it.....FLICKBOOKS!!!

How cool is that?

The music lives up to the flickbooks aswell.

I'm buying this version on Tuesday fo sho.

The flickbooks will keep you entertained for hours!

QUOTE (thestand @ Mar 3 2007, 06:46 PM)
After the initial satisfaction wore off, this is just an OK album. It's already 4th of about 6 albums this year.

What are the three in front?

QUOTE (Milton Bridge @ Mar 3 2007, 08:43 PM)
After the initial satisfaction wore off, this is just an OK album. It's already 4th of about 6 albums this year.

Panda Bear- Person Pitch

Vietnam- Vietnam

The Sea and Cake- Everybody

It'll be hard for any album to dislodge Panda Bear. And that includes Rush/The White Stripes. Panda Bear is like what the Beach Boys would've sounded like if Brian Wilson never got help and just continued to go crazy. Brilliant album.

QUOTE (thestand @ Mar 3 2007, 07:00 PM)
QUOTE (Milton Bridge @ Mar 3 2007, 08:43 PM)

Panda Bear- Person Pitch

Vietnam- Vietnam

The Sea and Cake- Everybody

It'll be hard for any album to dislodge Panda Bear. And that includes Rush/The White Stripes. Panda Bear is like what the Beach Boys would've sounded like if Brian Wilson never got help and just continued to go crazy. Brilliant album.

Get The Besnard Lakes Are The Dark Horse ASAP. You'd enjoy it.

QUOTE (Mandalorian Hunter @ Mar 4 2007, 02:12 PM)
I'm putting this as second behind Bloc Party - at the moment.

I thought Bloc Party was alright, not really anything amazing. They are maturing though, I like that. Will be interesting to see where they go next. Right now I'd put Arcade Fire first, Wilco second, the Shins third, and Modest Mouse fourth.

QUOTE (PuppetKing2112 @ Mar 4 2007, 10:24 PM)
QUOTE (Mandalorian Hunter @ Mar 4 2007, 02:12 PM)
I'm putting this as second behind Bloc Party - at the moment.

I thought Bloc Party was alright, not really anything amazing. They are maturing though, I like that. Will be interesting to see where they go next. Right now I'd put Arcade Fire first, Wilco second, the Shins third, and Modest Mouse fourth.

Oh yeah, it's definitely better than Silent Alarm. I dunno why it's had an impact on me, maybe its because it's a British album for the youth, and living in Britain and being a youth it has a bigger impact on me, I think.

Saying that though, i listened to Arcade Fire on headphones and it certainly is excellent. I'd go with Bloc Party first, Arcade Fire a very close second, Blackfield third, Klaxons fourth and The Hours fifth.

That'll probably change with another few listens.

Archived