musical genre you hate !

Tick

what music makes you want to vomit the most ?  

58 members have voted

1. 1. what music makes you want to vomit the most ?

• country
    • rap
    • reggae
    • classical
    • disco
    • opera
    • speed metal
    • gregorian chant
    • bluegrass
    • r&b
    • jazz
    • adult contemperary
    • salsa
    • swing
    • world beat
    • folk
    • doo wop

QUOTE (D-13 @ Feb 23 2007, 10:53 PM)
To say...you don't like Rap or hip hop...because you just don't like it...and it's not for you...Thats ok. Everyone has their tastes. smile.gif

To say...you hate rap because it's garbage and it just guys talking with a beat, is just ignorant.

Ok i don't like rap.But i do listen to a lot of other styles of music.Maybe it is a age thing?But you cant get away from it on a lot of uk radio stations biggrin.gif

I voted for rap (hip hop, whatever) - I find it mindless. But I will give honroable mention to Doo Wop, which I dont have as much a problem with musically, but for some reason they regularly interrupt my PBS Saturday Evening Britcoms with these Doo Wop "lets roll out the old bastards, put them in sequins.." shows. smile.gif

QUOTE (Mandalorian Hunter @ Feb 24 2007, 05:56 PM)
What's with the 'doof-doof' hating aswell?

Go out one day, and go to a rave, and you won't be dissapointed. Much more fun than going to a rock concert. And once again, it's people looking in the wrong places, there is some VERY good d'n'b out there.

Nah....

Rave was shite the first time round and it's still shite now wink.gif

QUOTE (Fridge @ Feb 24 2007, 05:05 PM)

Go out one day, and go to a rave, and you won't be dissapointed. Much more fun than going to a rock concert. And once again, it's people looking in the wrong places, there is some VERY good d'n'b out there.

Nah....

Nah....

Rave was good the first time round and it's even better now wink.gif

QUOTE (D-13 @ Feb 23 2007, 05:53 PM)
To say...you don't like Rap or hip hop...because you just don't like it...and it's not for you...Thats ok. Everyone has their tastes. smile.gif

To say...you hate rap because it's garbage and it just guys talking with a beat, is just ignorant.

goodpost.gif

QUOTE (anagramking @ Feb 23 2007, 07:15 PM)
I voted for Adult Contemporary. (Now I have a bad Bryan Adams song going through my head. Ugh!)

Thanks, I was feeling kinda lonely being the only one who voted for what I would think is the obvious choice. smile.gif

QUOTE (Finbar @ Feb 24 2007, 02:25 PM)
I voted for Adult Contemporary.  (Now I have a bad Bryan Adams song going through my head.  Ugh!)

Thanks, I was feeling kinda lonely being the only one who voted for what I would think is the obvious choice. smile.gif

no finbar, judging by the votes, rap is the obvious choice, wheather you like it or not, the masses heve spoken. yes.gif

i detest rap by the way, so the outcome of this poll thrills me.

QUOTE (Finbar @ Feb 24 2007, 02:23 PM)
To say...you don't like Rap or hip hop...because you just don't like it...and it's not for you...Thats ok.  Everyone has their tastes.  smile.gif

goodpost.gif

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j271/originalmetalmaiden/rap_sucks.jpg

welcome to ignorance !

its one dimentional shlock, that has not changed in 20 years.

Edited by tick

QUOTE (tick @ Feb 24 2007, 10:59 AM)
To say...you don't like Rap or hip hop...because you just don't like it...and it's not for you...Thats ok.  Everyone has their tastes.  smile.gif

goodpost.gif

welcome to ignorance !

I don't know why rap didn't go by the way of disco, punk, new wave etc. It's like the horrible fad that never left, the houseguest that's outstayed their welcome. eh.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Feb 24 2007, 03:30 PM)
QUOTE (tick @ Feb 24 2007, 10:59 AM)

goodpost.gif

welcome to ignorance !

I don't know why rap didn't go by the way of disco, punk, new wave etc. It's like the horrible fad that never left, the houseguest that's outstayed their welcome. eh.gif

goodpost.gif

Ooo, I would have picked radio rock. Hell, I'd have just picked "radio." Radio rock sucks, radio rap sucks, radio country sucks, radio everything seems to suck.

But I voted for "adult contemporary" just because I have no idea wtf.gif it is. The very name annoys me, so it must be bad.

I used to loathe rap, if only for the subject matter. Then I realized that there are artists out there who aren't busy singing about the ghetto lifestyle. Check out "Weerd Science" or "Jihad the Crimson Guard," or even "Rage Against the Machine" if it's the content that gets you.

I try to be open minded when it comes to music. Usually, what you hear on the radio isn't all there is. I've found that independent musicians are almost always better than what's on the radio.

QUOTE (Storm Shadow @ Feb 23 2007, 10:11 AM)
Whatever genre bands like Nickelback, Daughtry, Three Days Grace, Stone Sour, and Hinder are in...modern radio rock? It's like the same guy singing in every band. Easily the worst to me.

goodpost.gif yes.gif

Probably disco and that Gregorian chant stuff (Can that even be considered a MUSIC genre? )

Actually rap dosen't bother me and like some of it.

But I never heard it performed well live (On SNL and what have you)

Once away from the studio it sounds rather flat to put it mildly.

QUOTE (Fridge @ Feb 24 2007, 10:05 AM)

Nah....

The UK has the BEST DJ's out there. No matter if it's Drum and Bass, House, Breakbeat, Jungle and so on...raves are fun. My friend is a professional breakbeat DJ and it's always a good night when she is mixing Pink Floyd with DJ Deekline and Wizard.

QUOTE (Finbar @ Feb 24 2007, 01:23 PM)

goodpost.gif

Agreed. To one person a genre is garbage and devoid of talent, to someone else, it's music.

I'm not a fan of rap either, but even a prog-loving white boy like me can punch up a Beastie Boys or Ludacris song and get some enjoyment out of it.

just to make another point, alot of people have responded, "well if you had included (fill in the blank) i would have choose that catagory but you didnt so ill choose (blank)." the bottom line is, for whatever catagories i did not list, doo wap, radio rock, etc... rap wins this poll hands down so there can be no arguement on that point. the people have spoken and they say rap is the most vomit inducing form of music. yes.gif

QUOTE (softfilter @ Feb 24 2007, 02:50 PM)

Probably disco and that Gregorian chant stuff (Can that even be considered a MUSIC genre? )

Gregorian definitely has a very legitimate place in music history. Check out this link that gives a basic primer on the genre:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gregorian_chant

QUOTE (D-13 @ Feb 24 2007, 09:09 PM)

Nah....

The UK has the BEST DJ's out there. No matter if it's Drum and Bass, House, Breakbeat, Jungle and so on...raves are fun. My friend is a professional breakbeat DJ and it's always a good night when she is mixing Pink Floyd with DJ Deekline and Wizard.

I went to a couple of these big raves in the early 90s....Hated them with a passion, and I can see no reason why they would be any better now.

I have no interest in DJs whatsoever, all they are doing is (albeit skilfully) mixing other peoples stuff. A computer programme could do it just as well.

QUOTE (Fridge @ Feb 24 2007, 01:24 PM)

Nah....

I went to a couple of these big raves in the early 90s....Hated them with a passion, and I can see no reason why they would be any better now.

I have no interest in DJs whatsoever, all they are doing is (albeit skilfully) mixing other peoples stuff. A computer programme could do it just as well.

Check out DJ Q Bert. Damn that guy is amazing! and no computer program can do this. Period.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKD0dJvaPOU

Edited by D-13

QUOTE (tick @ Feb 24 2007, 01:54 PM)
QUOTE (Finbar @ Feb 24 2007, 02:25 PM)
I voted for Adult Contemporary.  (Now I have a bad Bryan Adams song going through my head.  Ugh!)

no finbar, judging by the votes, rap is the obvious choice, wheather you like it or not, the masses heve spoken. yes.gif

i detest rap by the way, so the outcome of this poll thrills me.

It's still Adult Contemporary for me. To me, the genre is the most corporate of any, and it is the most soulless. Some of these artists might as well be singing advertising jingles.

QUOTE (D-13 @ Feb 24 2007, 09:35 PM)
QUOTE (Fridge @ Feb 24 2007, 01:24 PM)

Nah....

Check out DJ Q Bert. Damn that guy is amazing! and no computer program can do this. Period.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKD0dJvaPOU

Sorry, but that was about as interesting as watching a plank warp....