musical genre you hate !

Tick

what music makes you want to vomit the most ?  

58 members have voted

1. 1. what music makes you want to vomit the most ?

• country
    • rap
    • reggae
    • classical
    • disco
    • opera
    • speed metal
    • gregorian chant
    • bluegrass
    • r&b
    • jazz
    • adult contemperary
    • salsa
    • swing
    • world beat
    • folk
    • doo wop

I would say country, but i like Keith Urban.

I absolutely HATE reggae, with a passion. Dunno why, i just hate reggae music.

I also hate the 'Has to have an emphasis on musicanship, longer songs, untraditional arrangements and long instrumental passages' type of prog. That sucks, there's nothing progressive or forward thinking about it. It's probably the worst form of music because it's so boring and sleep inducing. So basically Dream Theater.

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Feb 23 2007, 12:25 PM)
Sorry tick...You didn't provide an "other" choice so I abused my mod powers and added a genre.

Doo wop.

Hate it. Worse than country. 062802puke_prv.gif

doo wop ! rofl3.gif hey i included gregorian chant, i cant remember everything !

i also forgot smooth jazz, radio pop rock, and techno, include those if you wish.

doo wo icon_really_happy_guy.gif spit6ph.gif p !

I had to go with the popular vote on this "Rap", hip hop whatever you call it.

Although classical music makes me feel like I'm having a heart attack, the baby loves it so I couldn't vote for it.

There are several there in that list that I could pick from that I don't like, including country.

I don't know if it's possible here, but it would be great if we could pick multiple things out of these lists.

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Feb 23 2007, 08:30 AM)
Not on the list but that boy band crap is what irks me the most....stuff like The Back Door Boys, N'Stink, New Skids on the Cock, etc.....you get the picture biggrin.gif

Yeah, I don't like those bands either floydfanatic...

Oh, I'm sorry, Test4VitalSigns oops.gif

QUOTE (Mandalorian Hunter @ Feb 23 2007, 08:40 AM)
I would say country, but i like Keith Urban.

I absolutely HATE reggae, with a passion. Dunno why, i just hate reggae music.

Here's the iron clad test for me. What kind of music do you hate that you CAN'T ignore. For example, I don't have any great love for reggae, but I generally find it pretty benign. I can easily tune it out. Even rap I can tune out to a degree, though I'm definitely starting to get pretty irritated when it's on. With country, I'm in full-blown irritation mode and I have to MAKE... THE... BAD... MUSIC... STOP........ NOW!!!

I hate half the stuff on that list. The problem is that most music now days, doesn't fit into one genre. Most new stuff will cross through many genres or even become hybrids. We can be certain that most of it can be summed up in one word though:

Crap!!!

I voted for ©rap. Just absolutely sucks. No melody and just a bunch of talking. So many of them are gangstas shooting each other to death. My next worse is country. Being in Colorado we hear WAY TOO MUCH of it. One station advertises on tv and the song in Honky Tonk Badunkadunk. WTF is that? And people buy this stuff. Utter nonsense.

QUOTE (thesweetscience @ Feb 23 2007, 10:21 AM)
I hate half the stuff on that list. The problem is that most music now days, doesn't fit into one genre. Most new stuff will cross through many genres or even become hybrids. We can be certain that most of it can be summed up in one word though:

Crap!!!

z7shysterical.gif

goodpost.gif

bekloppt.gif

QUOTE (D-13 @ Feb 23 2007, 12:38 PM)
Opera

People who hate rap...are looking at the wrong stuff.

I bet the reason opera doesn't get more votes is because it's so much less visible than other more popular genres.

One can go almost their whole lives without coming into contact with much opera. It's not shown on tv very often, not foisted upon one in commercials, stores, restaurants, etc.

I would bet you though, that if opera was as prevelant as rap and country in terms of how difficult it can be to avoid, it'd probably the undisputed #1...

QUOTE (KublaKhan @ Feb 23 2007, 08:02 AM)
Rap.

Though I almost didnt vote for it, because I dont really concider it music. Just a bunch of talking about how you got shot nine times to a beat.

I just have a General distaste for Rap, and many other stuff.

not all of it. ohmy.gif

Great scotts man...Listen to some K-Os when you get a chance

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Feb 23 2007, 04:43 PM)
Opera

I bet the reason opera doesn't get more votes is because it's so much less visible than other more popular genres.

One can go almost their whole lives without coming into contact with much opera. It's not shown on tv very often, not foisted upon one in commercials, stores, restaurants, etc.

I would bet you though, that if opera was as prevelant as rap and country in terms of how difficult it can be to avoid, it'd probably the undisputed #1...

give me a fat lady hitting the high notes over a brother with his pants falling down, a pistol and an aunt jemima rag on his head anyday. laugh.gif

QUOTE (tick @ Feb 23 2007, 09:47 PM)
Opera

give me a fat lady hitting the high notes over a brother with his pants falling down, a pistol and an aunt jemima rag on his head anyday. laugh.gif

laugh.gif

QUOTE (tick @ Feb 23 2007, 12:47 PM)
Opera

while culturally i might have more respect for opera than rap, i'm talking purely music here. if opera were as prevalant as rap i bet it would get really shrill and really annoying VERY quickly.

at the minimum, it'd be a close competitor with rap for worst genre. as it is, you have to go out of your way to find opera to have it annoy you. tongue.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Feb 23 2007, 02:54 PM)
QUOTE (tick @ Feb 23 2007, 12:47 PM)
Opera

while culturally i might have more respect for opera than rap, i'm talking purely music here. if opera were as prevalant as rap i bet it would get really shrill and really annoying VERY quickly.

at the minimum, it'd be a close competitor with rap for worst genre. as it is, you have to go out of your way to find opera to have it annoy you. tongue.gif

http://www.myspace.com/kos