Starwood Ampitheater Closed?!?!?!

The Owl

This thread is for the Rush fans concerned about seeing Rush here in Nashville (or nearby). Last Wednesday we got the horrible news that Live Nation is closing the Starwood Ampitheater for good. Rush kicked off their 30th anniversary tour there and was rumored to start their Snakes and Arrows tour their as well. But those plans (if true) are undoubtably going to be changed.

As a Rush fan living in Middle Tn (Murfreesboro to be specific (30 mi from Nashville)) I am deeply concerned as to what is going to be happening with the upcoming tour. I hope they are able to find another venue and still play (and start the tour) here in Middle Tn. Other possible venues might be The GEC (most likely), the old Tn State Fairgrounds and Racetrack, the Municipal Auditorium, or maybe even MTSU's Murphy Center here in Murfreesboro (they did play there for the Counterparts tour). I have seen many great concerts at Starwood and will miss the venue deeply, and I certainly Rush can overcome this obstical and not resort to not playing Nashville.

If you are from the Nashville area or were planning seeing the concert there please respond and share your thoughts.

Well the reason they started the 30th aniversarry tour in Nashville is because alot of those who work with Rush on their tours live in the Nashville area, and were able to find Rush suitable rehersal space in the weeks before the start of the tour. It would make sence that they were going to start the S&A tour here as well, they would once again be able to find very suitable rehersal space. Now that Starwood is shut down Who knows what they will do now.

Live Nation, Ashamed you should be!

Well the reason they started the 30th aniversarry tour in Nashville is because alot of those who work with Rush on their tours live in the Nashville area, and were able to find Rush suitable rehersal space in the weeks before the start of the tour. It would make sence that they were going to start the S&A tour here as well, they would once again be able to find very suitable rehersal space. Now that Starwood is shut down Who knows what they will do now.

Live Nation, Ashamed you should be!

I was at the Starwood show in '04. I'm really sad that they won't be opening so close to where I live, relatively speaking.

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Feb 22 2007, 12:41 PM)
I was at the Starwood show in '04. I'm really sad that they won't be opening so close to where I live, relatively speaking.

I was at that show too. It was a great experience.

Oh NO!!!!!! ohmy.gif

I was so looking forward to another "opening night in Nashville" experience, having had a right-up-front seat for R30.

Here's a link to a news story in the Tennessean:

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/ar...ENT01/702140430

So now what? Group road trip to Atlanta? confused13.gif

R-B

70 miles from The Owl, up in the mountains

My guess would be Atlanta, but what reason would they have to keep the opener in the south?

I hope they do, though. Atlanta's close!

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Feb 22 2007, 02:58 PM)
I'm so looking forward to tourdates. I can't plan accordingly without them, especially RushCon.

I feel the same way.

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Feb 23 2007, 06:58 AM)
I'm so looking forward to tourdates. I can't plan accordingly without them, especially RushCon.

goodpost.gif I am sweating on this SOOOOOOO much Circy. BRING IT ON. 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif

Archived