Today's 'you've got to be kidding' news

Jack Aubrey

Dark Horizons reports:

UK tabloid The Daily Mail dropped in a little rumour item on a sequel no-one expected to see - 1995's "The Usual Suspects". As its the British tabloids one has to be suspicious, hell if someone told me directly it appeared I'd be suspicious but the visual proof for yourself I've included below.

The paper cites actor Chazz Palminteri who appeared in the first film - "They're past the 'talking about it' stage. I'm looking forward to it. The title they like is Searching for Keyser Soze".

It's a disturbing rumour admittedly, the first film has its hardcore fans and considered a great modern thriller, will a sequel spoil all the mystery and goodwill the first one built?

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news04/dailymail.jpg

(Jack here:) Slaine? Madra? Do you guys read the Daily Mail? Did you see this, too?

QUOTE (BSG @ Nov 29 2004, 08:59 AM)
I must say, I rented this movie, and was unable to get engaged in it or even to finish it, despite my usual love for film noir. But, many liked it a lot. So, if it comes up on HBO sometime, I'll give it another shot.

Interesting rumor about a sequel.

Yeah B give it another shot....it's one of those movies u have to watch all the way to totally appreciate it and understand why it is such a cult fav...Again I have total dismay for hollywood with their moronic sequel ideas...this is one of those movies that should be well left alone....like Highlander for example

Edited by Test4VitalSigns

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Nov 29 2004, 09:16 AM)
I must say, I rented this movie, and was unable to get engaged in it or even to finish it, despite my usual love for film noir. But, many liked it a lot. So, if it comes up on HBO sometime, I'll give it another shot.

Yeah B give it another shot....it's one of those movies u have to watch all the way to totally appreciate it and understand why it is such a cult fav...Again I have total dismay for hollywood with their moronic sequel ideas...this is one of those movies that should be well left alone....like Highlander for example

Thanks. I will.

Yo - you said it. SOOOOO many originals that should not have been touched. The sequels sucked and it only hurt the first one. I guess you have to ask yourself what makes the risk worth taking? Some sequels are amazing!

You just gave me an idea, T4VS.. Why don't you start a new thread here - for movies that should NOT have had sequels made. It should get LOTS of posts. laugh.gif

Edited by paganoman

QUOTE (paganoman @ Nov 29 2004, 09:25 AM)
You just gave me an idea, T4VS.. Why don't you start a new thread here - for movies that should NOT have had sequels made. It should get LOTS of posts. laugh.gif

EXCELLENT idea! I second that!

Speaking of bad sequels, can anyone explain the ending of 'Matrix: Revolutions' to me? I just didn't get it.

Oh yeah: if anyone wants to start a thread about good sequels, that will be fine also.

QUOTE (Chasartymac @ Nov 29 2004, 12:30 PM)
Me neither, sorry.

http://smiley.onegreatguy.net/dunno.gif

No problem! I'm just delighted to know I'm not the only one! (Whew!)

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Nov 29 2004, 01:55 PM)
(Jack here:) Slaine? Madra? Do you guys read the Daily Mail? Did you see this, too?

No, I don't read it. I'll use it to wipe my arse but its not too good for that as its already full of sh*t

QUOTE (Slaine mac Roth @ Nov 29 2004, 07:12 PM)
QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Nov 29 2004, 01:55 PM)

No, I don't read it. I'll use it to wipe my arse but its not too good for that as its already full of sh*t

rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

QUOTE (paganoman @ Nov 29 2004, 09:25 AM)

Yo - you said it. SOOOOO many originals that should not have been touched. The sequels sucked and it only hurt the first one. I guess you have to ask yourself what makes the risk worth taking? Some sequels are amazing!

consider it done!

Say it ain't so...

The beauty of "Usual Suspects" was the ending...the way it made things clear but unclear at the same time (that'll make sense to those who have seen it!). To make a sequel in an attempt to explain it all is stoopid. There's no good reason for a "Suspects" sequel except to make a shameless buck. There is a 1% chance I would go to see it, and if Bryan Singer doesn't direct it: 0%.