I just snapped 3 of my strings on my bass

barney_rebel

Isn't this your new bass??!?!? and you have already snapped 3 strings! yikes! ohmy.gif lol laugh.gif Glad you didn't get hurt! I snapped one of my guitar strings once and it sliced me....just make sure it doesn't hit your eye!! lol

QUOTE (D-13 @ Nov 28 2004, 05:03 PM)
Isn't this your new bass??!?!? and you have already snapped 3 strings! yikes! ohmy.gif lol laugh.gif Glad you didn't get hurt! I snapped one of my guitar strings once and it sliced me....just make sure it doesn't hit your eye!! lol

No this is my old bass - didn't want to spend more money on it so damn... new strings it will have to be... man this thing is such an ugly piece of rice...

and Chas... I did finally clean the fretboard now that the strings are off.

QUOTE (barney_rebel @ Nov 28 2004, 03:07 PM)
QUOTE (D-13 @ Nov 28 2004, 05:03 PM)
Isn't this your new bass??!?!? and you have already snapped 3 strings! yikes!  ohmy.gif  lol laugh.gif  Glad you didn't get hurt!  I snapped one of my guitar strings once and it sliced me....just make sure it doesn't hit your eye!! lol

No this is my old bass - didn't want to spend more money on it so damn... new strings it will have to be... man this thing is such an ugly piece of rice...

laugh.gif LOL crazy! polish is a guitar/bass's friend! I need to go and polish mine!

QUOTE (barney_rebel @ Nov 28 2004, 10:07 PM)

Good thing too. It must have been like your fingers were walking through a boggy marsh when you played.

laugh.gif

http://fool.exler.ru/sm/git.gif

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Nov 28 2004, 07:53 PM)
QUOTE (barney_rebel @ Nov 28 2004, 04:50 PM)

Playing with just my A string is soooo fun smile.gif

That means you can cover more than half of Michael Anthony's Van Halen bass lines! 1022.gif

Would you believe some of the goons on the VH board says he's better than Geddy?

QUOTE (barney_rebel @ Nov 28 2004, 05:44 PM)

That means you can cover more than half of Michael Anthony's Van Halen bass lines! 1022.gif

Would you believe some of the goons on the VH board says he's better than Geddy?

rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

I guess they buy into the simplicity is better method. Then again they could be true. I dont think Geddy has the capability as a musician to play the basslines in Running With The Devil.

BUH BUH BUH BUH BUH BUH BUH BUH

QUOTE (barney_rebel @ Nov 28 2004, 08:44 PM)

Have you seen Michael Anthony's "bass solo" on VH's "Live Without A Net" video? Need I say more? 062802puke_prv.gif

QUOTE (barney_rebel @ Nov 29 2004, 01:44 AM)

Van Halen has a bass player????

http://smiley.onegreatguy.net/yikes.gif

laugh.gif

Yeah, and some of them claim AVH is a better drummer than Neil...

A lot of people often say strange things. It's hard telling what someone will tell you about a band. One time, a guy in a Winger t-shirt told me that Rush sucks. I said, well ALRIGHTY then. That's the only response I could think of, then I walked away, heard enough.

Edited by Indica

I suggest 45-105 semi-round bass strings. Don't really need to worry about the brand, I don't think...

I love my bass! Especcially since Geddy Lee's so awesome at it... Actually... my bass guitar sucks. It's an Ibanez, which is nice for beginners, but I'm no beginner anymore!! I want a six-string fretless bass!! sad.gif

Oh and by the way, I haven't figured out how to slap the A,D, or G strings yet (hehe, G strings...) without hitting another adjacent string... Is there a technique to eliminate that effect?

QUOTE (Steel Rat @ Jan 4 2005, 05:21 PM)
I suggest 45-105 semi-round bass strings. Don't really need to worry about the brand, I don't think...

I love my bass! Especcially since Geddy Lee's so awesome at it... Actually... my bass guitar sucks. It's an Ibanez, which is nice for beginners, but I'm no beginner anymore!! I want a six-string fretless bass!! sad.gif

My first guitar was Ibenez and still is sad.gif It's great for a beginning though...I want ol' Whitey