The Polar Express

Pags

Just returned home from bringing the girls to see this movie. My only comment:

This generation's Wizard of Oz. See this movie.

QUOTE (D-13 @ Nov 27 2004, 07:56 PM)
The graphics look really cool...looks really real...kinda scary how they can make movies these days eh'? trink36.gif

It occurred to me during the film, that soon they won't need actors anymore.

QUOTE (paganoman @ Nov 27 2004, 09:04 PM)
QUOTE (D-13 @ Nov 27 2004, 07:56 PM)
The graphics look really cool...looks really real...kinda scary how they can make movies these days eh'?  trink36.gif

It occurred to me during the film, that soon they won't need actors anymore.

The actors will now be computers. Lazy folks.

comp26.gif

QUOTE (SCREAM @ Nov 29 2004, 11:40 AM)
Polar Express is excellent...but it's even better if you can catch the IMAX 3D version. It's quite an experience. yes.gif

I saw 'T-Rex' in 3D at the Imax and left with a monster headache. If you can sit through any Imax 3D's and suffer no ill effects, then you're tougher then I am! yes.gif Or am I just getting old?

I have a hard time paying big money movie theater cost to see an animated film. Not that they're not worth seeing, just that I want more for my money, and that's with real people.

QUOTE (Big T @ Nov 29 2004, 09:38 PM)
I have a hard time paying big money movie theater cost to see an animated film. Not that they're not worth seeing, just that I want more for my money, and that's with real people.

I personally think that it's insane that the regular movies cost so much these days. What is it, around $7.00 just to get a ticket? And then if you want snacks... oh man, you better have brought your Mastercard. doh.gif

QUOTE (NeilPeartFan2112 @ Nov 29 2004, 10:25 PM)
I have a hard time paying big money movie theater cost to see an animated film.  Not that they're not worth seeing, just that I want more for my money, and that's with real people.

I personally think that it's insane that the regular movies cost so much these days. What is it, around $7.00 just to get a ticket? And then if you want snacks... oh man, you better have brought your Mastercard. doh.gif

For 2 adults and 3 kids it cost us almost $50.00. That's with 2 popcorns, 2 sodas, and 1 box of Raisinettes (for Daddy).

QUOTE (paganoman @ Nov 29 2004, 10:29 PM)
QUOTE (NeilPeartFan2112 @ Nov 29 2004, 10:25 PM)

For 2 adults and 3 kids it cost us almost $50.00. That's with 2 popcorns, 2 sodas, and 1 box of Raisinettes (for Daddy).

See what I mean? Isn't that a crazy amount of money just to go to the movies? You could get a high quality dinner at a nice restaraunt for under that. I guess it's just the filmmakers ways of draining money from consumers, because they know that people will come out to see the movies no matter how much they charge. It's just the way of America. We love movies and that's all there is to it. Don't get me wrong, though. I like a good movie just as much as the next guy! yes.gif trink39.gif trink36.gif

I rarely go to the movies because of the money involved plus I would rather watch movies in the privacy of my own home where I can control the noise in the room.

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Nov 29 2004, 10:50 PM)
I rarely go to the movies because of the money involved plus I would rather watch movies in the privacy of my own home where I can control the noise in the room.

That's what a lot of people have been saying lately. Sometimes it gets annoying when there are little babies always screaming in the middle of a film, or when people just start talking. There are times when I really wonder if people have any common courtesy these days. I haven't been to the movies in a very long time. I usually wait until they come out on DVD and I just to rent them. Although for a lot of the movies that are getting rave reviews and people tell me that I just have to go see it, I'll dig out some money and take a trip to the theater.

same here!

For instance I had to go see Big Fish when it came out. I love that movie!

I also want to see the indy film "The Saddest Music in the World" starring Isabella Rosselini.

I love this movie! Yes, there are some scenes that seem a little, er, drug-influenced.

It's fun and maybe a little scary and strangely beautiful, all at the same time.

QUOTE (Mara @ Dec 15 2009, 11:27 PM)
I love this movie! Yes, there are some scenes that seem a little, er, drug-influenced.
It's fun and maybe a little scary and strangely beautiful, all at the same time.

My daughter is in kindergarten, and they have Polar Express day today at school. She got to wear her pajamas to school today for the event. laugh.gif

By the way...my kids love this movie.

I liked the nerdy kid voiced by Eddy Deezen.

http://www.nndb.com/people/186/000025111/deezen-sm.jpg

He was hilarious in 1941. He also had a small role in Wargames. Sort of like a modern Jerry Lewis. It's too bad he wasn't in more movies. smile.gif

One of my favorite Christmas movies EVER. And I do mean EVER. It is an instant classic.

The movie score is really good. Alan Silvestri did an amazing job on the score.

Edited by Cowtothesky

I thought this movie was great when I first saw it. But this past week while I was at school, they constantly played it at lunch...and some of my friends were making fun of it...like all teenagers do... wink.gif