Gary Moore to open for Rush?

RUSHHEAD666

QUOTE (tick @ Jan 29 2007, 06:27 PM)
i dont see rush ever having an opening act again, theres just no way they would do that at this stage of the career, IMHO.(finbar sarcasm.gif )

yes.gif Agreed.

QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Jan 30 2007, 07:15 PM)
GARY MOORE!!!!!!!!! No!!!!!!!!!!!
He'll play Parisienne friggin' Walkways, we'll all fall into catatonic slumber and wake up when Geddy shouts, "Thank You, Goodnight"!!!

RUN AWAY!!

rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif That's hella funny. rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

QUOTE (Finbar @ Jan 30 2007, 01:17 AM)
It's gonna be my first Rush show. biggrin.gif I wanna remember it forever.

WOW...I envy you big-time!!

I can't even begin to describe how blown away I was when I saw my first show back on the VT tour! Amazing.

The truth is, no matter how big of a Rush fan you truly are, you are guaranteed to come out of the concert loving the band even more than you did going in!

Rock On! trink39.gif

QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Jan 31 2007, 11:25 AM)
QUOTE (Finbar @ Jan 30 2007, 01:17 AM)
It's gonna be my first Rush show. biggrin.gif I wanna remember it forever.

WOW...I envy you big-time!!

I can't even begin to describe how blown away I was when I saw my first show back on the VT tour! Amazing.

The truth is, no matter how big of a Rush fan you truly are, you are guaranteed to come out of the concert loving the band even more than you did going in!

Rock On! trink39.gif

yes.gif

QUOTE (PuppetKing2112 @ Jan 30 2007, 01:55 PM)
Who is this Gary Moore?

Gary Moore is a killer guitarist, born in Northern Ireland.

Sure he is an old dude now but back in the day he could shred with the best of them.

I am sure you have heard of THIN LIZZY, one of the greatest bands on the planet. Well they were, but heck I love John Sykes too and he has kept Thin Lizzy together way after Phil Lynott's passing.

I know you are a U2 guy but I will take Thin Lizzy and Rory Gallagher anyday as the best to come out of Ireland!

I am sure you won't listen to me but go get Thin Lizzy's "BLACK ROSE." Not only does Gary kick ass on the guitar, the record is a CLASSIC!

Cheers!

Earl

Dude!

He is an old guy now but he sure as hell can play the blues.

Not "put you to sleep" blues. He can still tear it up!!

I just bought Gary's "Old New Ballads Blues" and I thought it was going to bore me to tears.

Quite the opposite though!

Cheers to the Electric Blues!

Maybe Gary Moore can come out on stage with Rush and play "Ghost Of A Chance" with Alex!

That would be sweet!

Go check him out Puppet! Go to his website and learn about the man!

I bet your old man has heard of him!

Earl

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Jan 31 2007, 03:14 PM)

I doubt it...the old rock he's into is more from the 60s...Beatles, Stones, Hendrix, etc. He had sort of stopped following music by the late 70s. He didn't even know who Rush were until I started listening to them.

Still, though, NO opening acts on this Rush tour.

QUOTE (PuppetKing2112 @ Jan 31 2007, 03:31 PM)
QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Jan 31 2007, 03:14 PM)

I doubt it...the old rock he's into is more from the 60s...Beatles, Stones, Hendrix, etc. He had sort of stopped following music by the late 70s. He didn't even know who Rush were until I started listening to them.

Still, though, NO opening acts on this Rush tour.

Oh well, your dad still has excellent taste in music.

Jimi Hendrix RULES.

How did you discover RUSH if you don't mind drifting off topic for a sec.

We can keep it On Topic Safe so the Admins Of Syrinx don't get angry.

I find in very cool and interesting to understand how the younger Generation falls in love with Rush.

I have converted a few young lads myself into RUSH FANATICS! They are in their late twenties by now though.

You can pm me on how you fell in love with RUSH if you want instead.

I seriously care believe it or not.

Sorry, but I have a very strong gut feeling that Rush is going to have an opener this year.

Frankly I don't blame them.

Old School Touring in Effect!

2.gif RULES NO MATTER WHAT THEY DO!

Earl

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Jan 31 2007, 09:17 PM)
How did you discover RUSH if you don't mind drifting off topic for a sec.

Short version:

I started playing drums in 2000, and started reading Modern Drummer in 2001, and I kept seeing this guy Neil Peart mentioned in every issue, who played in some band called Rush. Made a mental note to listen to them, but it sort of slipped my mind. Then one day in late April 2002, I was listening to the local classic-rock station, and they announced they were giving away advance copies of "Vapor Trails," the new album from Rush. That sort of rang a bell, like this band was supposed to have a good drummer or something. I knew I knew the name from somewhere. So I tried all weekend, and finally won one. Got it, and really liked it...I checked out Retrospective I and II from the library to get a feel for their earlier work, and from there I gradually started buying up their back catalog. Rush quickly became my favorite band, and I was really disappointed that I couldn't see them on the VT tour. I got to see them once on R30 though, and hopefully I'll get to see them again this year. And hopefully without an opening act taking away from their set time.

Another reason I think they won't have an opener:

Did you read Roadshow? Neil spent an entire book making life on the road out to be this insane torture, broken up only by the thrill of playing live, which is only three hours out of a 24-hour day. In the first interviews hyping the album, back in November, Neil said he was ambivelant about doing another tour, but clearly since the tour seems to be happening, they talked him into it. I somehow don't think this would have happened if he was met with the proposal that they would only play two hours a night rather than three, since the actual playing is the only part of touring that Neil seems to enjoy.

If that makes any sense.

Dude!

You make great sense!

Oh yeah I loved ROADSHOW!

I love all of Neil's books. I love everything RUSH and I always will no matter what I ramble about!

I know we don't see eye to eye on a few things but who cares! You really do remind me of me when I was your age!!!

Remember I wrote this somewhere on here.

I started playing drums in junior high in 1979. Then in 1981 I heard of "Moving Pictures" from a neighbor's friend.

"You have to heard Tom Sawyer" it will blow your mind.

So I bought it and the rest was HISTORY! I remember it like yesterday.

Then of course I too way back when would start learning how to play all the RUSH stuff on the drums that I could get my hands on.

Addicted.

Modern Drummer is a great magazine.

It's funny Puppet that I actually thought about you when reading the current edition with the great Vinnie Colaiuta on the cover.

They did a review of the Decemberists "Crane Wife." Four stars I think.

I know I seem to be strange but it's just the way I like to write.

Hey if Rush plays up in Portland maybe I will make the trip and we can meet and intellectualize!!

I can see how your mind works it's awesome! You liked VT so you went "Retrospective" to learn more.

I did the same thing back then when I bought Moving Pictures.

I bought every RUSH cassette from their catalog.

It took me a while to digest it but man sorry "In The End" I frigging loved it all!!

I actually hope you are right about no opener.

Seriously though I am listening to Thin Lizzy's BLACK ROSE right now as I type.

Timing is everything in life.

It's cool to have a place to talk RUSH.

I have been a Rushaholic for 26 years.

Keep on playing those damn drums.

Hell I never made it but I have my kit in the garage.

Playing drums never gets old, just the body and the skin!!

RUSH ON DUDE!

QUOTE (pedro @ Feb 1 2007, 03:38 PM)
Of course since Rush are all in their 50's now they might not want to play for 3 hours plus every night on tour. Far too much like hard work. They could get a support band so Neil wouldn't have to spend so much time at work.

But, like I said, the three hours a night they spend onstage are the only part of touring that Neil even enjoys doing. I don't know how much he'd want to do it if he got to do the one part he likes for an hour less than usual.

QUOTE (PuppetKing2112 @ Feb 1 2007, 07:07 PM)
QUOTE (pedro @ Feb 1 2007, 03:38 PM)
Of course since Rush are all in their 50's now they might not want to play for 3 hours plus every night on tour. Far too much like hard work. They could get a support band so Neil wouldn't have to spend so much time at work.

But, like I said, the three hours a night they spend onstage are the only part of touring that Neil even enjoys doing. I don't know how much he'd want to do it if he got to do the one part he likes for an hour less than usual.

I think if it were up to Geddy and Alex they'd do a four hour show. Especially Alex -- he loves it up there.

I think if they get to the point where they physically can't do a three hour show anymore, they'll either quit touring or cut it down to two or 2-1/2 hours without an opening act. Alex has said that opening for Rush was tough because of how doggedly loyal Rush fans were -- they know we really don't give a shit about whatever band opens for them, even if the band is good. And now that we're used to the three-hour "An Evening With" format, I doubt the boys would go back to using an opening act again.