Gary Moore to open for Rush?

RUSHHEAD666

I just got off the phone with a buddy of mine who told me that he heard on the radio that Rush and Gary Moore are going to be on Tour together this summer!

Has anyone else heard this???

I went to the Gary Moore Website and there was nothing there about summer tour dates. Just March and May dates in the U.K.

RUSH ON!

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Jan 29 2007, 06:20 PM)
Gary Moore is great, but there's no reason for Rush to abandon their "An Evening With" format. Three hours is barely enough to get in all the songs they want to...adding an opening act would just cut into that. Nope, cant see this happening.

"An evening with Rush" would be ideal, but I was hoping for Rush/Arcade Fire, who's album comes out in March I believe.

i dont see rush ever having an opening act again, theres just no way they would do that at this stage of the career, IMHO.(finbar sarcasm.gif )

I hope that this is wrong!!!

I mean... 2.gif needs the time we have

to play. yes.gif They have to much to give

us in such a short period of time. So for

our sake... I hope this is more false info.

Edited by CeeJ

I hope this is just a stupid rumour. GM's a great guitar player, but he's a has-been and if I'm coming all the way from Oz just to see Rush I wanna see an evening with, and have them play for 3 hours or more. If this turned out to be true, I may reconsider coming.

Tell me it ain't so!!!!!!!

QUOTE (pedro2112 @ Jan 29 2007, 06:21 PM)
Rushhead's "buddy" just got out of at time Machine. I saw Gary Moore open for Rush back in the 80s.

I was thinking when I saw this thread, I saw Gary Moore open for Rush years ago, why would he be doing it these days?

Unless he needs the $$$? confused13.gif

Gotta be RUSH for at least 2 1/2 hours...3 or more better...will have to start early to have an opening band. WOuld love to see DT open for them but then again, doesn't seem too many RUSH and DT fans get along sad.gif In any case I'm seeing RUSH this tour cause there ain't nothin' better than a RUSH concert!!! 1022.gif

QUOTE (pedro2112 @ Jan 29 2007, 06:21 PM)
Rushhead's "buddy" just got out of at time Machine. I saw Gary Moore open for Rush back in the 80s.

Good one!

Yeah I find it hard to believe too. He heard it on some radio station on around Sacramento. Not sure if it was on the Eagle or not. 96.9.

I have seen RUSH many times up there and the Eagle is always in a booth outside in front of the shows.

Who knows!

I want an "Evening With Rush" too.

I missed Gary Moore opening for RUSH.

Guess I better start working on the blueprints to my Rock N Rush Time Machine!

Cheers!

Yeah I remember seeing Gary Moore open for Rush. I think it was in '85 for the GUP tour..my first ever Rush concert! Anyway, it doesn't make much sense to me unless the boys think it's the only way they can continue to tour, by scaling back a little, especially since this is rumored to be such a massive tour! But I still doubt it will happen, I hope not anyway. I think we all got spoiled the past 3 tours with the "evening with" format.

QUOTE (tick @ Jan 29 2007, 06:27 PM)
i dont see rush ever having an opening act again, theres just no way they would do that at this stage of the career, IMHO.(finbar sarcasm.gif )

Jeez, I've become the Rush forum villain, haven't I? eh.gif

I BETTER get an evening with. FIVE HOURS! TWO INTERMISSIONS!

It's gonna be my first Rush show. biggrin.gif I wanna remember it forever.

The Steve Morse Band opened for RUSH on the Power Windows Tour.

All my friends wanted to stay out in the parking lot and finish off the pony keg of beer in back my buddy's CR-X. So I missed Steve.

I was pissed.

Doesn't that me getting drunk in Europe? laugh.gif

trink39.gif trink39.gif trink39.gif trink39.gif trink39.gif

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Jan 30 2007, 01:50 AM)

All my friends wanted to stay out in the parking lot and finish off the pony keg of beer in back my buddy's CR-X. So I missed Steve.

I was pissed.

Doesn't that me getting drunk in Europe? laugh.gif

I'd have RUSHed in and watched Steve myself mate regardless...

trink39.gif

QUOTE (RUSHMUSE @ Jan 29 2007, 04:22 PM)
QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Jan 29 2007, 06:20 PM)
Gary Moore is great, but there's no reason for Rush to abandon their "An Evening With" format. Three hours is barely enough to get in all the songs they want to...adding an opening act would just cut into that. Nope, cant see this happening.

"An evening with Rush" would be ideal, but I was hoping for Rush/Arcade Fire, who's album comes out in March I believe.

NOW that would be just brilliant! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif trink39.gif

QUOTE (vryceman @ Jan 29 2007, 07:44 PM)
Gotta be RUSH for at least 2 1/2 hours...3 or more better...will have to start early to have an opening band. WOuld love to see DT open for them but then again, doesn't seem too many RUSH and DT fans get along sad.gif In any case I'm seeing RUSH this tour cause there ain't nothin' better than a RUSH concert!!! 1022.gif

lol...I would go, just to see people clash in the stands. Funny as hell!

rofl3.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ Jan 29 2007, 11:04 PM)
QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Jan 30 2007, 01:50 AM)

All my friends wanted to stay out in the parking lot and finish off the pony keg of beer in back  my buddy's CR-X.  So I missed Steve.

I was pissed.

Doesn't that me getting drunk in Europe?  laugh.gif

trink39.gif  trink39.gif  trink39.gif  trink39.gif  trink39.gif

I'd have RUSHed in and watched Steve myself mate regardless...

trink39.gif

I know Pat.

Shoot man, I was a junior in high school working for Safeway. All of my friends were 21 years old or older.

Nothing like a minor drinking beer in a parking lot before a Rush Concert.

Yeah I chose to stay and drink rather than think and go in alone and watch Steve Morse jam with Rod on the drums.

I have seen him a lot though since then. Dixie Dregs are great too, so it's all good!

Speaking about drinking beer before a Rush Concert, I guess some things never change.