King Crimson

Finbar

What is your favourite King Crimson studio album?  

102 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favourite King Crimson studio album?

• In the Court of the Crimson King
    • In the Wake of Poseidon
    • Lizard
    • Islands
    • Larks' Tongues in Aspic
    • Starless and Bible Black
    • Red
    • Discipline
    • Beat
    • Three of a Perfect Pair
    • THRAK
    • The ConstruKction of Light
    • The Power to Believe

The lineup is confirmed!! Gavin Harrison, Bill Rieflin, Tony Levin, Pat Mastelotto, Mel Collins, Jakko Jakszyk and Robert Fripp!!!

So excited to see Mel Collins in the band. Looks like they'll be playing live this time next year!

http://www.dgmlive.c....htm?entry=4335

That is f***ing amazing. Roll on next year! Progtastic.

Can King Crimson really REFORM? Each incarnation has a new lineup and the music is so different each time that it's essentially a new band every time. The one stable element is Robert Fripp, and because he's the leader, the music definitely has some similarities, but each time it's a pretty different sound. Even their 70's output was essentially several different bands.

Anyway, I love 70's King Crimson, like passionately love and am crazy about them (with the exception of Islands), but nothing they've done since then has really done it for me. The Power to Believe had its moments, but nothing that made me want to listen to it more than twice. If they make a new album and it gets fantastic reviews I'll check it out, but otherwise it's hard for me to get excited. I can't imagine they can come anywhere close to what they did in the 70's. I was listening to Lizard the other day and was marveling at it's beauty and insane complexity. I doubt we'll see anything coming anywhere close to approaching their old level of quality.

I am beyond excited about this because I never thought it would happen again. :D-13:

With that thought, I will not entertain any negativity about their reforming. :tsk:

Bottom line, Robert Fripp is King Crimson, the only constant. If he decides to do it then it exists. :notworthy:

For this I am grateful that I will have one more chance to see them. :cool:

Anyone who doesn't agree can just sod off. :boo hiss:

Cheers,

frippy

• Like 3

The only regret I have is that, IIRC, Fripp has stated years ago, in his diary, that he won't be touring Europe anymore. He made a point that touring the States is profitable, while Europe is not. Maybe he'll change his mind. The last time I saw him (more or less, given he was submerged in a cone of purple light) was in 2003. What a night!

The only regret I have is that, IIRC, Fripp has stated years ago, in his diary, that he won't be touring Europe anymore. He made a point that touring the States is profitable, while Europe is not. Maybe he'll change his mind. The last time I saw him (more or less, given he was submerged in a cone of purple light) was in 2003. What a night!

I hope Fripp changes his mind and you get to see him, H. P. L.!

• Like 1

I hope Fripp changes his mind and you get to see him, H. P. L.!

Well, he wouldn't be Fripp if he did such a mundane thing as change his mind! :D :D :D :LOL: :lol: :LOL: :lol:

• Like 1